Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 696705 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: To you, Commander, I shall bring fury, shiny and chrome.
« Reply #5325 on: April 01, 2016, 11:24:30 am »

So, i just got a new Gunslinger. He's got an Afro and mild chin hair. Ive decided to name him Bob Ross. Nickname: The Artist.

He paints happy little trees...

WITH THE BLOOD OF HIS ENEMIES!

Headshots a sectoid
"That yellow will look just perfect on my sunset panorama!"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: April 01, 2016, 11:30:35 am »

Nice :)

What do people think of the first DLC? Personally I find most of the new cosmetics to be interesting but not really my style. I'd prefer more military looking gear.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: April 01, 2016, 11:33:37 am »

So, i just got a new Gunslinger. He's got an Afro and mild chin hair. Ive decided to name him Bob Ross. Nickname: The Artist.

He paints happy little trees...

WITH THE BLOOD OF HIS ENEMIES!

Headshots a sectoid
"That yellow will look just perfect on my sunset panorama!"

I assume you're giving him the Bob Ross voice pack? It goes a long way to alleviate the frustration that comes with playing this game.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: April 01, 2016, 11:33:44 am »

I didn't buy it yet for the same reason. I usually don't customize my soldiers at all. Except my top sniper always gets a hat, sunglasses and sideburns and all my psi-operatives get hippie glasses and gaudy-coloured armour.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: April 01, 2016, 12:03:28 pm »

Oh. My. God.
HOW HAVE I NOT DOWNLOADED THIS YET!

*Goes, downloads pack, plays for 5 minutes.*

I guess this alien invasion was just...
A HAPPY ACCIDENT

*EPIC GUITAR RIFF, LIGHTNING STRIKES*

https://img0.etsystatic.com/051/0/10249093/il_570xN.684132140_dslz.jpg
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: April 02, 2016, 01:17:00 pm »

I just won the game on Ironman Commander. I find this really surprising because I never got past the Mutons in Classic Ironman EU/EW, and all of a sudden I'm breezing through XCOM 2 with only 3 deaths.

It's tough only before getting magnetic weapons + plated armor. After getting plasma, everything is a breeze, and I got most of the "Very Difficult" missions without any damage.

So what now? Any mods to try out?

I actually got a really high end Alienware (second most expensive I could find lol) so I want to really abuse the graphics card a bit. Maybe I should make an all-grenadier squad. Or something like all-stealth recon with a backup sniper, and play it like Jagged Alliance.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: April 02, 2016, 01:32:28 pm »

Heh I didn't even notice there was an achievement for that. I just wanted Ironman to keep myself from savescumming. Oh so there's also an achievement for winning the game with all of the same class too. Definitely sealing my choice to play all grenadier.

Which one do you have? I also have the second best, but mine is an X-51.

Yeah, X-51. The one with liquid cooling, 16GB RAM, Intel i7, 512MB SSD. I wanted to buy something I could "use for work" so my wife doesn't yell at me lol.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: April 02, 2016, 08:44:06 pm »

Oh so there's also an achievement for winning the game with all of the same class too. Definitely sealing my choice to play all grenadier.
Actually, the achievement is for winning a mission with all of the same class lol
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: April 04, 2016, 09:32:00 am »

MECs!
Sorta.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: April 04, 2016, 10:12:27 am »

Ohh, playable snek.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: April 04, 2016, 10:26:33 am »

Ooh, playable chryssalids.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: April 04, 2016, 11:12:09 am »

Theres also this thing, which looks useful if only because its more detailed than the default mod launcher.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: April 04, 2016, 05:30:19 pm »

If the DLC adds actual MECs, that would be awesome and better than stolen mechabots running sideloaded gremlin os :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: April 05, 2016, 01:48:35 am »

Apparently people have found leftover code for what would have basically been a tiered system that tracked the relationships between your soldiers on the battlefield based on their actions. More specifically stuff like healing, rescuing, and killing enemies that are flanking them. Doesn't seem to be any findings on what it would have actually affected, but some leftovers of the system remain in the game and determine who your soldiers prefer to hang out when they're off duty.
It's FEF, not FEOF

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: April 05, 2016, 01:59:02 am »

Nice.

They probably thought it would mess with their elegant systems/encourage Fire Emblem style social powergaming.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 469