Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 696346 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Et Elegit Sanguis Infectus
« Reply #6855 on: September 10, 2017, 12:36:40 pm »

Any mods for WotC any of you would recommend?
I am not looking for mods that increases the difficulty of this game, it is hard enough for me as it is.
But I do enjoy mods that increases the variety of things. Such as enemies, environment, and equipment.
Also possibly mods that makes me rant less about the game's unfairness.

Well, there's the standard shut up bradford, overwatch/evac all, etc. mods like that.

I'd recommend robojumper's squad select and grimy's loot mod.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: September 10, 2017, 12:52:44 pm »

grimy's loot
Does that one even work for WotC?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: September 10, 2017, 01:01:51 pm »

grimy's loot
Does that one even work for WotC?

No reason why it shouldn't. You may have to fiddle a bit with the .ini files for faction weapons, though.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: September 10, 2017, 01:02:44 pm »

Grimy's loot mod, unless someone can confirm its working, is dead for wotc until someone picks it up. See here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: September 11, 2017, 12:55:20 am »

If anyone is awake in the next 6 hours, the current challenge is pretty crazytown.  Last time I won and at the end of it placed 722.  This one I placed 397 by losing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: September 11, 2017, 01:47:25 pm »

So today yesterday I learned that The Lost can be quite the frightening foe.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: September 11, 2017, 02:03:02 pm »

So today yesterday I learned that The Lost can be quite the frightening foe.

Err, did you attempt to kill them with squeaky hammers and Bjork music?

Granted, my main campaign had a bug where the 'Lost World' event persisted for the entire game, instead of a single month, so I became exceedingly efficient and destroying them.

Fun fact, if you have a hair trigger, or another means of gaining back AP, it can stack with the AP gained from shooting the Lost.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6862 on: September 11, 2017, 02:12:27 pm »

My sniper is a holy terror in Lost missions. He can murder hundreds of Lost a turn if they're in range of his pistol. They'll never be a threat on any mission he's attending.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: September 11, 2017, 02:14:20 pm »

They seem to go up in health every wave that comes.  I had one lost mission where dashers were coming in with 7 health.  Even a shard gun can fail to one-shot that.  Lost world will only ever send 1-2 waves per mission, so it never gets bad.

But yeah, thay're not hard on their own.  They need advent or a chosen to really have teeth.  Ammo upgrades can also effective against them.  I'm lucky and I got the +1 pistol damage breakthrough.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6864 on: September 11, 2017, 02:30:18 pm »

Usually the brutes have 7+ health while the others have 3-6. Anything up to 6 he can reliably murderize. The rest of the squad handle the brutes

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: September 11, 2017, 02:36:33 pm »

After using a gunslinger type Sniper in vanilla... it is disappointing that vanilla LW2 doesn't have any gunslinger types.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: September 11, 2017, 02:59:53 pm »

After using a gunslinger type Sniper in vanilla... it is disappointing that vanilla LW2 doesn't have any gunslinger types.

The AWC lets you make anyone into a gunslinger.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: September 11, 2017, 03:37:49 pm »

There's also the "the Horde" sitreps where they attack with one new pod (I want to say two, but that's probably exaggeration-by-memory) every single turn. That was a fun mission.
Love, scriver~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: September 11, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »

The AWC lets you make anyone into a gunslinger.
Oh... I'll have to look into it later.  When I either get a new cpu or get the inspiration to fix the always crashing after I land somewhere for 2nd mission thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: September 12, 2017, 01:17:01 am »

Welp, just had the first losses of the caimpaign.  Sadly, one of them (although only a lieutenant) was a genius with special perks so powerful I'd pick her over a hero unit any day.  She was a ranger with rupture and hail of bullets, fully specced for the melee/combat path (including run and gun).  Once she leveled up she would have had enough AP for her squaddie special perk... death from above.  Multiple times she used her heavily customized shard gun (with +1 slot from a breakthrough) to one-shot an advent from a mile away with a shotgun.  RIP Icepick, you will be missed.  The other loss was mostly unimportant strategically, but he was a bonded soldier and I was attached to him so it hurt anyway.

The mission was one of those missions where you just know its going to be trouble.  It was a rescue mission with the evac point a mile away through uneven terrain.  Dark events were double hacking resistance, and lost world (also seemly glitched for me to never end).  The warlock made his first appearance in the mission, heavily upgraded mind you.  He could summon spectral zombies from the other side of the map and the objective timer didn't pause.  I hope that's a glitch because otherwise its bullshit.  Then when he entered LoS the round timer paused but I assumed it wouldn't so I played too recklessly, running up Icepick without much support.  I also didn't realize that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I messed up by forgetting when a stunned Archon was going to be unstunned (resulting in the death of Valentine).  While the glitches were annoying, the ultimate outcome of it all was still avoidable.  And the campaign thus far has been remarkably without glitches or slowdowns for an Xcom first release, so I'll just take it.  The warlock was killed and all Xcom bodies recovered for burial.  I would definitely describe him as the most dangerous of all chosen I've encountered, but I've only fought him and the hunter once, while the assassin has been on my back all game.  I haven't felt much about the other two chosen except vaguely liking them, but I definitely have a grudge against this warlock fucker.
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 469