Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 695856 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Et Elegit Sanguis Infectus
« Reply #6960 on: October 03, 2017, 03:58:09 am »

I've done absolutely everything there is to do in my current campaign except kill the Archon ruler.  Only thing is it escaped from its initial mission and there's no way I'm fighting that thing without 4 psi ops.  Anyone know how many missions I'll have to wait for it to show up?  I'd like to put a bow on this campaign so I can be faster finishing my next one.

Also, is it possible to do the final mission with rulers/chosen still alive?  And can they show up for the final mission?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: October 03, 2017, 05:05:14 am »

All surviving chosen show up on the final mission.

Rulers... I'm not sure but I had survivng rulers when I did Waterworld, and they didn't show up. I  would be surprised if they did,to be honest.

If the chosen survive until the final mission you won't get rulers as the two will never appear on the same mission.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: October 03, 2017, 05:14:29 am »

I am now imagining the version of the final mission where you didn't beat any chosen or leaders, so you have to fight six super enemies against your own six super soldiers (and the avatar), with no normal enemies present. That would either be crazy awesome or impossible.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: October 03, 2017, 11:11:53 am »

I am now imagining the version of the final mission where you didn't beat any chosen or leaders, so you have to fight six super enemies against your own six super soldiers (and the avatar), with no normal enemies present. That would either be crazy awesome or impossible.
I think it would entirely depend on how many of them you have to fight at the same time.

You'd probably need a shittonne of medkits though. The berserker and archon are almost definitely going to hurt you, especially if they no longer do their "running away" turns.

But I suspect you won't have any problems if you're running one of the OP teams in the end game. Something like sharpshooters and psi troopers. Sharpshooters are the bane of rulers as they can shoot from outside their reaction range, not to mention they do insane damage in the end game with multiple shots depending on what extra skills you gave them. One can easily kill the ruler in one turn by himself, especially since it won't be at full health.

If you have to fight them all at the same time then.... RIP. Maybe you could do it by mind controlling 6 extra allies or something. But that sounds like it's just donating free turns to the Rulers.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: October 02, 2018, 07:51:56 pm »

goodies!

Glad that they're bringing back the EW soundtrack, and the new soundtrack seems exciting too.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: October 02, 2018, 07:59:11 pm »

Well if it's free before December 3rd, it may just be time for me to buy into that expansion soon.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: October 02, 2018, 08:24:39 pm »

I'm tempted, but I think I'll still wait until Thanksgiving and see if it goes on sale.  I mean, it's a big expansion pack, but I just bought some stuff already and I'm disinclined to pay out for the price of a brand new game for even an expansion pack as big as War of the Chosen immediately. 

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: December 27, 2018, 12:20:39 pm »

Wewewew.  Started a new campaign on commander difficulty.  Well, started two new campaigns.  The first one I got way behind the curve and gave up.  This one is going pretty well, but I've made a huge mistake.

The two minor DLC fucking suck.  Shen's Last Gift I guess has a better reward?  I have no idea, but the mission itself is awful.  I ended up loading my geoscape save before it happened because it's basically designed to kill your dudes.

Alien Hunters mission is easy, but then horrible things happen.  I also reloaded to before I did the mission, so I don't have to deal with it.  Now I just gotta see how bad War of the Chosen fucks me over.
Shoes...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: December 27, 2018, 12:32:52 pm »

Eh, Shen's Last Gift is a tough mission the first time because it has a lot of surprises. However, it's static. Once you've done it and know what to expect and what to prepare for, it's really not that hard. Especially if you tech up a bit before going in.

I lost soldiers the first time I ran it, haven't lost any since then.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: December 27, 2018, 02:54:21 pm »

I did it as soon as it came up so my guys weren't ready.  Also apparently war of the chosen is a completely different campaign so now I have to start over.  fuuuuck
Shoes...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: December 27, 2018, 04:04:18 pm »

I did it as soon as it came up so my guys weren't ready.  Also apparently war of the chosen is a completely different campaign so now I have to start over.  fuuuuck
IIRC the two DLCs work very differently in WOTC. The missions don't exist, and instead you get the stuff integrated in the storyline.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: December 27, 2018, 06:28:34 pm »

You can still do the missions as before if you don't check the integrate box. It's honestly better that way, because integrated you get the SPARKs and hunter weapons through research while the alien rulers just appear at blacksites, all with no fanfare or explanation.

I for my part finally played WOTC and got glitched out of ever meeting the Ravagers or completing the introductory mission, so I'm a little annoyed with the integration system.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: December 27, 2018, 06:55:07 pm »

I integrated, didn't really enjoy the missions.  Conversely the war of the chosen stuff so far has been really fun and challenging without feeling like bullshit.  New mechanics make the infinite spawns not such a slog the way the neonates and derelict MECs are.

Survived the meeting with everyone, including my medic carrying his teammate all the way to extraction, and they got a bond at the end.  Really liking war of the chosen so far, the new stuff is great.  The first Chosen at least is scary but isn't just a wall of HP that roasts your entire squad on your turn, the way the alpha aliens were.

Now I'm trying to figure out if it's just the three chosen or if killing one will spawn more.  The way the first one comes in with the Shadow of Mordor intro and the fact that apparently there's an assassin hunting both factions makes it sound like there's more than just those three you see in the cutscene.  Wondering if it's randomized but only on a per-campaign basis, which would suck cause I'm not really a game-replayer.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:42:23 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: December 27, 2018, 08:08:40 pm »

There's only three chosen: the Assassin, the Hunter and the Warlock.
Once they're dead, they're dead, but you only get one chance on the missions for killing each one for good.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 469