Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469]

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 694981 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com Chimera Squad
« Reply #7020 on: April 24, 2020, 05:35:12 am »

Shepherd.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: April 24, 2020, 05:46:29 am »

And this is my favourite reference on the Citadel
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: April 24, 2020, 11:18:54 am »

Stealth thread title change. I was like "how the hell did Chimera Squad suddenly get up to thousands of posts and views in a week."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: April 24, 2020, 11:34:52 am »

Stealth thread title change. I was like "how the hell did Chimera Squad suddenly get up to thousands of posts and views in a week."

Yes, I was bewildered as well.  Last time I checked, the X-Com Chimera Squad thread had 3 pages.  But obviously different topic.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: April 24, 2020, 12:13:27 pm »

You know, there is a rhythm to Chimera Squad that I didn't really realize at first but I'm coming to enjoy.

You don't really spend annoying wasted turns moving your squad around. I only noticed the lack of it in a mission where I had to evac a squad and had to slowly move everyone to the evac point, like the main games.

In regular missions you don't do this at all. Every time you clear a room you zoom to the next engagement. It keeps things moving really fast. There's no annoying downtime of slowly crawling around the map.

I really like it actually.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: April 24, 2020, 12:52:43 pm »

It's been great so far, although I chose normal (easy) difficulty. 
I'm trying to subdue everyone as much as possible. 

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: April 24, 2020, 01:38:58 pm »

You don't really spend annoying wasted turns moving your squad around. I only noticed the lack of it in a mission where I had to evac a squad and had to slowly move everyone to the evac point, like the main games.

Tastes vary, as this might be the part I like the least. Not being able to scout and skulk really makes this feel on-rails. Admittedly, I'm very sneak-snek most of the time in X-Com so if you're a bit more blunt force, I could see how this would be a dramatic change for the better for you.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: April 24, 2020, 02:08:21 pm »

Tastes vary, as this might be the part I like the least. Not being able to scout and skulk really makes this feel on-rails. Admittedly, I'm very sneak-snek most of the time in X-Com so if you're a bit more blunt force, I could see how this would be a dramatic change for the better for you.

One thing I hate about XP is how much it penalizes sneaking about. Take a few turns to make sure everybody's fully loaded and gathered at the killbox before trying to lure hostiles in? Watch your morale (and freshness now, I think?) plummet for standing around.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: April 24, 2020, 02:10:25 pm »

Another victim of that "not so fresh" feeling.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: April 26, 2020, 10:51:48 pm »

So, I’ve been playing chimera squad for while. Pretty good, different, but good. An admirable foray into a slightly different type of Xcom

There’s just... one thing.

Chrysalids. You can knock them unconscious. Makes sense. But they count towards Intel. Which means that you can interrogate and get I
Intel from a chrysalid.

So... are Chrysalids sentient? Can they Talk? They’re referred to as biological weapons, so... no? But then how the frack is Chimera getting them to cough up where their base is?
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: April 27, 2020, 12:53:44 pm »

So, I’ve been playing chimera squad for while. Pretty good, different, but good. An admirable foray into a slightly different type of Xcom

There’s just... one thing.

Chrysalids. You can knock them unconscious. Makes sense. But they count towards Intel. Which means that you can interrogate and get I
Intel from a chrysalid.

So... are Chrysalids sentient? Can they Talk? They’re referred to as biological weapons, so... no? But then how the frack is Chimera getting them to cough up where their base is?
As far as I know, they aren't and they can't.  Best I can tell, maybe they check the back of the tag on the collar for an "if found return to" address, or they play fetch until it decides to go home.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: April 27, 2020, 01:42:24 pm »

I mean, I was 95% certain that they weren’t sentient. But it’s a funny little oversight

“What’s that Chryssy? The Sacred Coil is going to blow up a factory? We better call the Sheriff!”
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: April 27, 2020, 06:58:22 pm »

An off-handed lore piece mentioned that they can now be controlled by psionics (a side effect of a genetic experiment to make them edible). Presumably that psionic link can be traced or something.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: April 02, 2024, 01:49:29 am »

For my last mission, I accidentally had my solider use Soulfire on an Archon, but at least I got pretty picture out of it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Max avatar size is 80x80

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: April 02, 2024, 03:19:17 am »

Damn, that is some mighty bad indigestion.  I sympathize.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469]