Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 685856 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
X-Com Chimera Squad
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:31:33 pm »

This thread is not for the disparagement of NewCom and reminiscence of OldCom. It is not for OpenXCom, Xenonauts, or any of the other purist projects.

I get it. OldCom is a cult classic and its most ardent supporters feel the need to bring down any Firaxis project that is not a purely graphical recreation of an OldCom game. I don't care. In only ten pages there have been two or three fights over this, and that's just bad.

This thread exists for the discussion of the new X-Com game. If you're here to talk about how much you're against NewCom and to reminisce about OldCom or the other successor projects, save it. Make your own thread. This game clearly isn't for you.
All discussion doesn't have to be positive, but all discussion does have to be supported in some way. "This isn't X-Com" isn't a reasoned or meaningful argument against or for anything. It's tautological, because they aren't the same games.

I will be far less likely to start reporting people or temp locking the thread if criticism is backed by argumentation. Why should we have 20+ squad size instead of 6? How should features like these be implemented given the massive jump in graphical quality from 90's sprites to 10's polygons? What is the actual benefit or determent of any particular element to the overall quality of the game?

As was said, this is a discussion thread. Not a complaint thread. If you truly desire to wash your hands of NewCom because it's a casualized action shooter with a complexity intended for the mentally disabled, then please do so and don't post about it here. The 'New Thread' button is sitting right there in the topic listing, and the XCOM Hate Thread is but moments away from creation.
VIGILO CONFIDO, XENOS-LOVERS! ADVENT = McX-COM CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED

You naysayers said Bioshock, you said Syndicate, you said new IP, but you were wrong! Dead Wrong. Are you ready to commit interstellar hate crimes against all other forms of intelligent life? You wouldn't be here otherwise!

There is NO information, there is NO hope, but there is X-Com, and that's all you really need, baby!

The old thread is dead, long live the thread!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:39:27 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 12:33:58 pm »

Fine I'll PTW this thread too. Old thread was fine though.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:35:12 pm »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:35:19 pm »

I don't think if anybody's brought up that the second picture in the gallery next to "THE CITIES ARE TRAPS" is glitched out. Now I'm wondering what will show up with Andrew Matecki and maybe the third city.... This hype is killin' me, man!

Also, PTW. get hype
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:36:35 pm »

I'm assuming that the sequel is for XCOM , rather than X-com.

Might want to update the title.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 12:37:00 pm »

Posting to watch too. I foresee this thread being nothing but hundreds of PTWs until more information comes out in whenever.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 12:37:00 pm »

Now we can say the same things in two threads.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 12:41:43 pm »

It could still be a Syndicate. Not a direct descendant, but a spiritual one. You could fit Syndicate into an X-Com:Apocalypse scenario fairly easily.

Also, PTW.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 12:42:40 pm »

Now we can say the same things in two threads.
Heck yeah!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 12:46:09 pm »

What about those shady figures in the genetic mod picture?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mailo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 12:49:49 pm »

I'm assuming that the sequel is for XCOM , rather than X-com.

Might want to update the title.
Yes, please do so. I got all excited about an X-com 2, only to find out it is just an XCOM 2 ... sigh  :(

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 12:51:37 pm »

I'm being confused.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:52:51 pm »

I'm being confused.
I think it refers to hot the original game was spelled X-Com, while the new game is XCOM.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:33 pm »

We're not doing this, especially not in the moment of hype. You all know perfectly well that the original X-Com series was finished a decade ago, hyphens mean nothing.

If you inherently hate NewCom you're entitled to your opinion, but there's no reason to be passive aggressive about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 12:57:11 pm »

We're not doing this, especially not in the moment of hype. You all know perfectly well that the original X-Com series was finished a decade ago, hyphens mean nothing.

If you inherently hate NewCom you're entitled to your opinion, but there's no reason to be passive aggressive about it.
But what will we do if we can't argue pointless trivia on the internet?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 469