Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 686037 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Aesop's Fables For Humanists
« Reply #1725 on: July 06, 2015, 06:31:35 am »

I personally don't like the snake tongue. It's frogs that have those kinda tongues. Snakes only use theirs for tasting the air.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 06, 2015, 06:36:33 am »

I personally don't like the snake tongue. It's frogs that have those kinda tongues. Snakes only use theirs for tasting the air.
Frogs.... and chameleons. The Viper has an ensnare ability. EW Seekers can turn invisible. The math here looks troubling...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 06, 2015, 06:49:24 am »

I'm willing to bet that at some point in the story, you have to find a special part for your ship to allow it to get to the final battle/whatever.

"If we raid Mars and defeat the Uber-Uber Ethereal, we'll be able to win the battle! But first, we need the Spatial-Discombobulator! I guess you have to raid all these sites and do all these VIP missions to curry favor with the groups that have it, or find it yourself."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 06, 2015, 06:50:04 am »

Frogs.... and chameleons. The Viper has an ensnare ability. EW Seekers can turn invisible. The math here looks troubling...

You might be right, but frog/chamleon bʘʘbs won't get the gamerz or fanboys fired up as much as 'snehk bʘʘbs'.
(or, more likely, I don't go to the right web sites)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1729 on: July 06, 2015, 06:53:35 am »

I'm willing to bet that at some point in the story, you have to find a special part for your ship to allow it to get to the final battle/whatever.

"If we raid Mars and defeat the Uber-Uber Ethereal, we'll be able to win the battle! But first, we need the Spatial-Discombobulator! I guess you have to raid all these sites and do all these VIP missions to curry favor with the groups that have it, or find it yourself."

I was thinking something more mundane, like coordinates.
Or maybe passcodes for their AA defenses.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 06, 2015, 06:57:21 am »

Y'know, the only major issue I have with the "Guerilla Warfare" thing XCOM 2 is gonna be doing is well...what is the end game gonna be like? I mean do you sorta transition back to XCOM 1 level resources throughout the game or what? How exactly does XCOM "win" in this scenario? Because it sure doesn't seem likely they'll full on kick the ayys out and pull the temple mission thing.
This might depend in part on why XCOM and ADVENT are still around in the first place. Other than assumptions based on the first game, we really don't know what ADVENT wants or why XCOM wants to stop it, so knowing how either side "wins" is kind of tricky.

That said, acquiring macguffins to ride into space for a super final ultimate battle sounds likely for mechanical reasons. And because riding an atomic bomb into the enemy's fortress in space sounds like something Ayy Qaeda would do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 06, 2015, 01:12:27 pm »

ADVENT is the Aliens, right?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 06, 2015, 02:10:39 pm »

Y'know, the only major issue I have with the "Guerilla Warfare" thing XCOM 2 is gonna be doing is well...what is the end game gonna be like? I mean do you sorta transition back to XCOM 1 level resources throughout the game or what? How exactly does XCOM "win" in this scenario? Because it sure doesn't seem likely they'll full on kick the ayys out and pull the temple mission thing.
This might depend in part on why XCOM and ADVENT are still around in the first place. Other than assumptions based on the first game, we really don't know what ADVENT wants or why XCOM wants to stop it, so knowing how either side "wins" is kind of tricky.
One of the interviews they said that there would be an "inciting incident" for the game, that they weren't going to tell us about.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 06, 2015, 04:26:23 pm »

"For" the game? In the game? About the game? Loose the Game?
Love, scriver~

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 06, 2015, 04:44:58 pm »

Well if the "advent" website "hacking" is to be believed advent kidnaps people and gene therapy is a trojan horse of some kind.

My guess is that humans that undergo it basically join the aliens on the same principles as the other races in the collective mostly removing most of their individuality.
Most but not all. For example in EW mutons apparently have tribal tatoos so they still cultivated their warrior customs even under the alien rule.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 06, 2015, 05:01:51 pm »

"For" the game? In the game? About the game? Loose the Game?
For the game's plot.  The phrase "inciting incident" specifically refers to an event that kicks off a story.  Like Frodo being given the One Ring or Luke's family being murdered.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 07, 2015, 01:29:55 am »

Oh, I read it as "exciting incident" in my head. I assumed you were still talking about endgame/campaign/plot goals.

Yes. But also humans.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 07, 2015, 01:52:36 am »

Oh, I read it as "exciting incident" in my head. I assumed you were still talking about endgame/campaign/plot goals.

Yes. But also humans.

I actually find that to be the game's HUGE cop out to eliminate any moral ambiguity the game COULD have by just having these be honest security guards or... I don't know... the police!

Of COURSE they couldn't be human... they have to be some sort of EVIL alien hybrid of evilness!

If they actually make aliens inherently evil in this... I will be sliiightly miffed given even the original game had some ambiguity.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 07, 2015, 02:12:36 am »

So far it looks like the same level of "ambiguity" if not more as in XCOM1.

In XCOM1, the aliens had a reason for "invading you". But despite this, they still dissected and experimented on civilians as well as slaughter the populaces of cities. That's not very ambiguous. In XCOM2, they're providing a stable lifestyle to the civilians inside their cities, yet they still abduct and experiment on some of the said civilians.

Both are pretty evil, but I'd say that one's less evil than the other.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 07, 2015, 02:16:01 am »

Keep in mind so far ADVENT is only abducting people according to XCOM. you know, the guys who blow up statues in public places on holidays.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 469