Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 696671 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: To you, Commander, I shall bring fury, shiny and chrome.
« Reply #5340 on: April 05, 2016, 06:29:06 am »

if your sniper and grenadier kill enough mooks they have a baby from the future with a sniper grenade launcher and all their stats
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: April 06, 2016, 03:54:18 am »

if your sniper and grenadier kill enough mooks they have a baby from the future with a sniper grenade launcher and all their stats

"Deadshot, if you're serious about your commitment to this resistance, I need you to marry Witch."

"Why?!"

"So your daughter can have void rift."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:36:52 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: April 06, 2016, 05:15:55 am »

tharja isn't that objectively terrible
Black lives matter.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: April 08, 2016, 02:49:38 pm »

Huh, fired the game up after a while and it runs quite a bit smoother. I can finally play on Medium, whoo. Base view is still pretty laggy, but at least the game looks better than the first game (I feel Low might just look worse sometimes). Also loving all these customization packs on the Workshop.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: April 11, 2016, 08:56:57 pm »

Apparently people have found leftover code for what would have basically been a tiered system that tracked the relationships between your soldiers on the battlefield based on their actions. More specifically stuff like healing, rescuing, and killing enemies that are flanking them. Doesn't seem to be any findings on what it would have actually affected, but some leftovers of the system remain in the game and determine who your soldiers prefer to hang out when they're off duty.
Well, someone modded that back in now.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: April 11, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »

Apparently people have found leftover code for what would have basically been a tiered system that tracked the relationships between your soldiers on the battlefield based on their actions. More specifically stuff like healing, rescuing, and killing enemies that are flanking them. Doesn't seem to be any findings on what it would have actually affected, but some leftovers of the system remain in the game and determine who your soldiers prefer to hang out when they're off duty.
Unsurprise and impressivement!
It even has a a squad manager. a squad manager sounds very nice for large squads.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 11, 2016, 09:39:09 pm »

Nifty!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: April 12, 2016, 03:59:33 am »

Sounds really unbalancing. So if the squad is doing well, it improves the squad's odd of success. If one of them dies, it further increases the chances of losing. The game has enough positive feedback loops as it is.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: April 12, 2016, 08:47:11 am »

Oh noes, its not like theres already a lot of mods to push things one way or the other. I don't see it as unbalancing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:55 am »

Mods that are +/- in minor things are fine and can even counter each other out. This is more like a multiplier.

Shaken itself is a multiplier; it requires someone to get out of a mission uninjured. If half of your squad goes in shaken, there's going to be a lot of screw ups, some wasted time, more rushing, more people getting injured. It can spiral pretty badly.

If it was something on a negative feedback loop, that would be fine. Like if you do well and then one character gets jealous of another. Maybe if they formed cliques and prevented the non-cliqued from getting promoted and such.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: April 13, 2016, 10:12:48 pm »

"Deadshot, if you're serious about your commitment to this resistance, I need you to marry Witch."

"Why?!"

"So your daughter can have void rift."

So about that...
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: April 13, 2016, 10:16:51 pm »

This is now the greatest game ever fucking made.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: April 13, 2016, 10:32:17 pm »

This is now the greatest game ever fucking made.

Fucking yes it is. I'm super happy I bought this now.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Modding In The Slums [Gone Wrong] [Almost Got Stunned!]
« Reply #5353 on: April 13, 2016, 10:45:58 pm »

That first  (not the top one, the very first one) comment is great.

Someone should probably just add in galeforce at this point to continue the FE-Com, or make it a different version of Reaper or something. And if possible, a giant future-longbow to shoot the aliums medievally.

Heck, I'd take the latter even if we didn't have us some fire emblem in xcom. Sounds more useful than early shotguns.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Modding In The Slums [Gone Wrong] [Almost Got Stunned!]
« Reply #5354 on: April 13, 2016, 10:50:33 pm »

Someone has to do a lets play or something with this
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 469