Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 685759 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Et Elegit Sanguis Infectus
« Reply #6900 on: September 14, 2017, 07:26:14 pm »

Recently picked the game up again, and am going through modding out all the arbitrary mechanics that may it Xcom so that I can enjoy a leisurely, alien-themed TBS.

Has anyone found a way to remove panic from the game entirely? I haven't been able to find a suitable mod yet, and without it (and a lot of the other over RNG'd garbo), higher difficulty settings would actually petty fun.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: September 14, 2017, 08:52:10 pm »

There's probably an .ini setting you can edit for that, but I didn't see anything useful on Google (yes, please, throw strategy at the guy who directly asked how to stop panic, that's a good idea).
Black lives matter.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: September 14, 2017, 09:29:09 pm »

There's probably an .ini setting you can edit for that, but I didn't see anything useful on Google (yes, please, throw strategy at the guy who directly asked how to stop panic, that's a good idea).

Naw, I appreciate it. I just modded willpower up a bit, to the point where it feels just right.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: September 15, 2017, 02:25:35 am »

Challenge mode is so great.

Quiver in fear before my stealthopod
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And its trusty sidekick, Hover Andromedon
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: September 20, 2017, 02:51:26 pm »

I'm going to have to retract my defense that the late game doesn't get stale.  Turns out when I said that I had a bunch of majors on the edge of promotion but no colonels.  Now I've almost finished off the lategame upgrades, all my majors promoted and the game just started throwing new colonel recruits into my lap.

To keep things fresh I've tried out legendary before finishing my other caimpaign.  One of my eternal complaints is how luck based the legendary earlygame is.  Well, they minorly addressed that; you can now start out with a hero unit in your squad for gatecrasher.  Templars unfortunately not viable (or at least no more viable than 4 rookies).  Haven't tried reapers, but with a skirmisher I beat the mission on my first try.  Was very careful to pick my first fight well, but there was definitely some malign force moving enemy squads so I could never quite ambush one at a time... in the end I got bored and took an opportunity.
Was it a good idea?  Probably not, but it was fucking satisfying.  Ended up with two deaths, one to a psi zombie and one to a mind controlled skirmisher.  Someone on the internet pointed out that advent troopers have no crit chance and max 3 damage, once I knew that it was a lot easier planning things to avoid deaths.  Unfortunately both the sectopod and officer really can't be allowed to take a turn ever, and your only really reliable kill on either is justice which has a 4 turn cooldown, so... still pretty luck based.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: September 20, 2017, 03:11:02 pm »

You don't actually get a choice. You HAVE to start with a hero character now. All the second wave options do is tailor which one specifically.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6906 on: September 20, 2017, 03:19:10 pm »

Don't think you get a hero if you disable "lost and abandoned"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: September 20, 2017, 03:23:22 pm »

Don't think you get a hero if you disable "lost and abandoned"
Nope, you do. It gives you a random one and you start at their HQ.

Edit: Actually I think it isn't even random, it might just give you Reapers if you don't choose one of the others. It's what I always get.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6908 on: September 20, 2017, 03:38:13 pm »

I guess mine died early on? I don't remember having one.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: September 20, 2017, 04:06:23 pm »

Wait, so if you do lost and abandoned and you already have say a skirmisher, are you arranging a meeting between templar and reapers?

I also can confirm that on commander difficulty with tutorial off but lost and abandoned on, I got no hero unit for gatecrasher.  For me lost and abandoned was the first introduction to heroes, lost and chosen.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6911 on: September 20, 2017, 04:13:26 pm »

I didn't disbelieve you, just couldn't remember having one.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: September 20, 2017, 04:27:47 pm »

Okay but I just tested it and with complete stock settings (including lost and abandoned on) I don't have a hero in the first mission, so you do have a choice.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: September 20, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »

My understand, from playing around with it a little bit, is that if you have Lost and Abandoned on you don't start with a Hero unit and that mission is your introduction. (And I think always gives you Mox/Outrider). If you have that turned off and do the non-tutorial gatecrasher you get a random hero. I am not positive, but I don't think Mox or Outrider show up if you get random heroes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: September 20, 2017, 04:35:21 pm »

Okay but I just tested it and with complete stock settings (including lost and abandoned on) I don't have a hero in the first mission, so you do have a choice.
I don't really think that counts as a choice.

What if you want to start with no heroes but choose who to contact with? Because if you turn on the mission then you have to do the stupid missions, your first Chosen is Assassin, and your first Hero is Reaper. And you start at Reaper HQ anyway.

It's not an organic choice like most of other XCOM 1 and XCOM 2 content. Or even like how you choose when to contact the other resistance factions naturally. Here you are forced to get one at the start regardless.

It's kinda derpy. I don't really like it. I highly suspect you were supposed to be able to do the whole initial contact thing but because of time constraints they cut out all the intro parts and stuffed it into that mission, then just made everyone start with one if you don't do the mission. It's why there's nothing for Templars.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 469