Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 183051 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 13: A Bit Beastly
« Reply #1141 on: June 18, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

"This...High Church....what does it entail...?"

"Although...why would being administrative...rather than manual labor...entitle him to a greater share than any other?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 18, 2015, 01:17:32 pm »

"I am not tampering with anything. I am simply giving my knowledge to those who pray to me; if you wish to ban him from his own country for having opinions different from your own, go ahead. You might have to banish quite a few of your creations from their own homes, however."

"Knowledge cannot be limited."

"This...High Church....what does it entail...?"

"Worship of leaders and the God(s). Central aspects of the Church are worship of the aspects that make up a leader. It is a new Church, so it has plenty of room for new doctrine."

"Although...why would being administrative...rather than manual labor...entitle him to a greater share than any other?"[/shadow][/color]

It's the demand of labor. There are fewer administrative positions, and they require high quality of work. If someone else is more skilled at said work, they take on the job and receive more benefits for being at the peak of the food chain. Manual labor has more positions available, and so while it may be harder; there is a much higher supply for it... Patronius continues to drone on about Capitalism.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:23:04 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 18, 2015, 01:18:59 pm »

"I would assume you want to assume leadership of this pantheon of the High Church, Patronius? Do tell me more, but I doubt I will join such an inequal group."

Aurosseu listens to prayers.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 18, 2015, 01:25:26 pm »

"I would assume you want to assume leadership of this pantheon of the High Church, Patronius? Do tell me more, but I doubt I will join such an inequal group."

Aurosseu listens to prayers.

"I know this goes against what information you possess of me, but I actually do not really think that a definitive LEADER of the pantheon is required. As long as each God chips in to Pantheon goals (that are decided upon by the pantheon as a whole). Of course, someone to directly act for these goals would be required, but I'm sure that could be sorted out without one God acting as dictator."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm »

"I am not tampering with anything. I am simply giving my knowledge to those who pray to me; if you wish to ban him from his own country for having opinions different from your own, go ahead. You might have to banish quite a few of your creations from their own homes, however."

"Knowledge cannot be limited."

Very well. If this is how you wish to play...

The worship of patronius is now forbidden within the Aag nation. Any attempt to force capitalism in the nation is to be fought with any mean necessary. Patronius is now declared an official enemy of the nation. No physical harm is to be done to his follower for now. Those who insist on worshiping him can either leave the nation or face criminal charges. use up to 4P(do not dip into my crux) to prevent patronius from communicating with those inside the nation.
For this unprovoked aggression of my principles and my creation, you can now count yourself among my enemies. I do not want to see you touch my creation ever again with your filthy hands. Doing so will result in harm done to you and your followers. I will naturally reject your pantheon and oppose it. Anyone interested in joining him should also know that doing so will greatly lower our esteem of them.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 18, 2015, 02:06:39 pm »

The worship of patronius is now forbidden within the Aag nation. Any attempt to force capitalism in the nation is to be fought with any mean necessary. Patronius is now declared an official enemy of the nation. No physical harm is to be done to his follower for now. Those who insist on worshiping him can either leave the nation or face criminal charges. use up to 4P(do not dip into my crux) to prevent patronius from communicating with those inside the nation.
For this unprovoked aggression of my principles and my creation, you can now count yourself among my enemies. I do not want to see you touch my creation ever again with your filthy hands. Doing so will result in harm done to you and your followers. I will naturally reject your pantheon and oppose it. Anyone interested in joining him should also know that doing so will greatly lower our esteem of them.

"It is sad to see that you refuse all principles except for your own. I will not retaliate, because I am not a God-Tyrant who rules over mortalkind with an iron fist. You speak of aggression, but the only thing I see is the diffusion of knowledge."

Let the Ringbearers know of this narrowsightedness through visions, but do not command them to do anything (that's not to say I'm barring them from doing anything of their own free will) and do not retaliate directly.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 18, 2015, 02:16:54 pm »

"-- I actually do not really think that a definitive LEADER of the pantheon is required. -- I'm sure that could be sorted out without one God acting as dictator."
Aurosseu blinks. Which is an impressive feat for one without eyes.

"W-what? Is this a dream no this is not a dream... ...Oookay, I'll consider the idea of joining your pantheon. I did not expect you to say either of those phrases, EVER. Another problem with my membership might be my ambivalence on many topics. You couldn't expect me to back you on every issue, at least fervently so."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 18, 2015, 02:19:37 pm »

"It is sad to see that you refuse all principles except for your own. I will not retaliate, because I am not a God-Tyrant who rules over mortalkind with an iron fist. You speak of aggression, but the only thing I see is the diffusion of knowledge."

Let the Ringbearers know of this narrowsightedness through visions, but do not command them to do anything (that's not to say I'm barring them from doing anything of their own free will) and do not retaliate directly.

Stop painting yourself as a saint. You have tried to push an ideology to my creation while I was clearly against it. You are as guilty as I am of forcing an ideal. Your move was simply more subtle, but no less present than mine.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 18, 2015, 02:25:38 pm »

"W-what? Is this a dream no this is not a dream... ...Oookay, I'll consider the idea of joining your pantheon. I did not expect you to say either of those phrases, EVER. Another problem with my membership might be my ambivalence on many topics. You couldn't expect me to back you on every issue, at least fervently so."

"Eh, that's fine. I'm ambivalent on a lot of topics, as well; my largest concerns are simply the safety and leadership of the mortals. Other than aiding me if the Church or one of the Pantheon is directly attacked by one of the other Gods, I don't really expect you to expend all your efforts on the Pantheon. There will, of course, be projects which may (or may not; this has yet to be decided) be mandatory/highly recommended that you spend a small amount of essence on, but the benefits far outweigh the downsides as far as I can see."

Stop painting yourself as a saint. You have tried to push an ideology to my creation while I was clearly against it. You are as guilty as I am of forcing an ideal. Your move was simply more subtle, but no less present than mine.

"I am certainly not a saint, but atleast I'm not a tyrant. I did not try to push ANY ideology on you or your creations - I was giving someone who was praying to me what he wanted. He desired a way to earn vast wealth, so I explained to him how this might be possible. I force nothing on the mortals - what they do with what I give them is entirely up to them."

"I dunno, maybe you should consider the idea that not everyone is happy with your silly utopian nonsense."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 18, 2015, 02:38:22 pm »

"Hm, in theory, a Pantheon of Personal Growth (working title) could be formed of me, Patronius, Ra Ha Sahaka, Teburshe, Verruckt and maybe Lithus and Luthus, though that would require all of us to work out all our differences, which seems slightly unlikely. Tell you what, I'll join this Pantheon of Patronius' if a few others do so as well. But that's a big 'if', no promises yet."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 18, 2015, 02:46:48 pm »

Utopian nonsense? Because you believe they should not strive for the best? Be content with a flawed system? I am not saying mine is perfect, but I believe it is much better than the alternative.

I will not join this pantheon, Aurosseus. My disagreement with patronius notwithstanding, I believe more in progress for a group than individual gain, as the latter is inevitably made at someone's else expense while the former benefit everyone equally.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 18, 2015, 02:52:26 pm »

"As am...I. I am not so violently opposed as Liuthus...but Growth is something best shared...one tree supports another so that both might stand taller...I do not think that individual gain is necessarily at someone else's expense, however...for example, Liuthus, were I a mortal who stumbled upon a vein of iron...and I mined it to sell or forge...no one else would be hurt by this action...yet neither would they gain...it is not a zero-sum system...and that works both ways..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 18, 2015, 02:58:41 pm »

"...for example, Liuthus, were I a mortal who stumbled upon a vein of iron...and I mined it to sell or forge...no one else would be hurt by this action...
What about the Earth Wolves?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 18, 2015, 03:02:44 pm »

Nilva examines the miniwolves for signs of tampering, the sheer number of nightmares they are causing probably isn't normal. Unless ants just have a fear of wolves for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 137