Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 182962 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 14:Cold War?
« Reply #1215 on: June 20, 2015, 05:46:50 pm »

The seven most empathetic Lizard Men are taught Divine Art and are named as High Priests of Uztot.

"All I ask from you is that you use the knowledge well."

Lizard Man Missionaries of Uztot are sent to the Great Tribe to spread the Word.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 20, 2015, 05:51:33 pm »

"It is apparent that Iliseth is hostile to both myself, Mavnon, and our goals. She has attempted to strike at one of the Aspects and proven that she is an enemy of the High Church. While I was also going to attempt such an action, the difference is that I never CARRIED IT OUT. The mortals and her children in particular should know of her true nature.
"This confuses me. You told me not to attack Frederick and so I did not. (Moreover, I only planned to attack him because I knew he could not be harmed by my actions.) I attacked Illyria because she was leading the army against those who were praying to me for defence. I don't know what this "Aspect" is."

"I swear on my honour that the following action has nothing to do with the accusations levied against me by Patronius. I had been thinking of doing this for a while and I will enact it now to balance out the warring. Members of the ILU pantheon are free to contribute."
I create a combat-decreased angel for 2E (combat-decreased compared to this angel - it should still be able to annihilate a regular Human) and give it 1E worth of new advances in mundane medical technology (I'm assuming giving it Artistic medicine is free, but split the 1E between mundane and Artistic if I must). The angel is its own person and will likely refuse if I call it to war.

The Healer angel will found the Iliseth Travelling Hospital, having people join and teaching them healing techniques both mundane and Artistic (like ALL situations where I or my angels teach Art, safety and acclimation is the first thing that's taught). The ITH will travel city to city, town to town, and village to village to practice their trade. The Healer will also develop new medical technologies when it can.

The ITH has three priorities (in decreasing order of importance):
*Heal people
*Teach people mundane and Artistic healing techniques
*Spread my faith

The ITH has three rules:
*Follow the law; if a city does not want you there, do not enter it. If they don't want you spreading the faith, don't spread the faith. If they don't want you to heal, leave the city
*Treat everyone, even if they do not worship Iliseth
*All treatment should be given free. All donations should go to buying supplies, both medical and general supplies for the ITH itself
Spoiler: GM/Pantheon Only (click to show/hide)

(Hoping here that my secondary sphere will help the angel fight blood-borne diseases and such even better than normal.)

Start spreading the Truth of Iliseth: my true nature (it must be truth) and many gifts given to mortalkind (farming, writing, horses, Art, etc.) Focus this on the High Tribe; enlist the aid of my priests in spreading this.

Spar with the Healer angel.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:16:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 20, 2015, 05:58:41 pm »

The seven most empathetic Lizard Men are taught Divine Art and are named as High Priests of Uztot.

"All I ask from you is that you use the knowledge well."

Lizard Man Missionaries of Uztot are sent to the Great Tribe to spread the Word.

"Normally, I wouldn't care about this in any way. Mortals are free to worship who they please. HOWEVER, you are allied with Iliseth, who has openly proven hostile to The High Church. I therefore request that you either leave the Pantheon (and in exchange, you will be allowed to freely spread your religion; I will also grant the Ring of Empathy to the leader of the group) or not attempt to spread your faith in the Great Tribe."

Allow the Traveling Hospital; name The Truth of Iliseth blasphemy (her truth, anyway) and her priests blasphemous.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:05:51 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 20, 2015, 06:10:50 pm »

"Normally, I wouldn't care about this in any way. Mortals are free to worship who they please. HOWEVER, you are allied with Iliseth, who has openly proven hostile to The High Church. I therefore request that you either leave the Pantheon (and in exchange, you will be allowed to freely spread your religion; I will also grant the Ring of Empathy to the leader of the group) or not attempt to spread your faith in the Great Tribe."
"I still don't know what crimes I have committed in your eyes. I did not intentionally attack the High Church (especially considering it was just created) and I am willing to recompense for any unlawfulness on my part."

name The Truth of Iliseth blasphemy (his truth, anyway) and his priests blasphemous.
Make light of the fact that as Patronius can't even get Iliseth's gender correct, his "Truth" really can't be trusted. Also, "blasphemous" is the wrong word considering they're not insulting or showing contempt to any god.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:58:25 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 20, 2015, 06:16:09 pm »

"They will spread the Words of Unity and Brotherhood to the best of their ability. Your actions will speak for themselves if they are barred."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 20, 2015, 06:21:57 pm »

"I still don't know what crimes I have committed in your eyes. I did not intentionally attack the High Church (especially considering it was just created) and I am willing to recompense for any unlawfulness on my part."

"Through your actions and conversations, I have determined that you are hostile toward myself and the High Church. I require no explanation to you."

Quote from: Andres
name The Truth of Iliseth blasphemy (his truth, anyway) and his priests blasphemous.
Make light of the fact that as Patronius can't even get Iliseth's gender correct, his "Truth" really can't be trusted. Also, "blasphemous" is the wrong word considering they're not insulting or showing contempt to any god.

(( It's called personal error on the part of the player >.> ))

"They will spread the Words of Unity and Brotherhood to the best of their ability. Your actions will speak for themselves if they are barred."

"I am a bit confused about exactly what you're trying to spread. You said the 'Word'; what exactly is this? I assumed it was of you."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 20, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »

Welcome back, Utther! I hope your vacation went well! We are all glad to see you again!

Answer to prayers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Listen to more prayer. Also return to visit the nation to chat and help. Use this occasion to announce that the system will be improved again soon. Appear from time to time in small villages without notifying anyone, to chat for a short time with the locals. Tell them that I will do short surprise visits from time to time in addition to the longer ones.

Spend 2E to make the beta ants even smarter after Izgamlo have done the same to the population.

This is the best kind of competition, don't you agree Izgamlo?

Spoiler: New society rules (click to show/hide)

Inform the population that the Lizardmen will now be called the Kaag from now on. Encourage the Yaag species privately to not develop an elitist sentiment, as they need the other species to help them.

Order the army to begin the mass fortification of the villages and the territory. Self-sufficient forts are to be built all over the desert, and are to be guarded by a permanent force. When choosing their location, prioritize to place them around villages, more often than not in the direction of any potential threat, and then in any strategic position.[/b]

After that, appear again to the nation:
I have enacted more defensive measures. Expect more in the future, as some nations have declared their hostility towards us. I want you to be ready in case of a full-scale war. I will see if I can defuse the situation with the human kingdom and the new kingdom. In the meantime, I encourage you to strengthen your alliance with the saplings, and with anyone who you deem to be a good candidate for an alliance. I believe in all of you. We will prevail, even in dark times such as these.

Inform Aag historians that the current state of global warfare is to be called The First Divine Wars. Future large scale conflicts of similar nature will follow the same naming convention.

Spoiler: Peace negotiations? (click to show/hide)

Give my army any knowledge I can get of their enemies' armies without spending resources.

To patronius:
So much for being the champion of free speech, patronius. The political motivation behind your actions are painfully easy to read. Anyways, what I told to your favorite puppet was also addressed to you. Do you agree to my conditions, or are we really going to have to waste mortal lives on this petty matter?

((I tried to add some spoilers to reduce the size of my post. None of it is secret so feel free to look at it. The thing I mentioned to patronius is in the peace negotiation spoiler.))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:23:56 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 20, 2015, 06:26:39 pm »

"What exactly do you mean encroaching in your territory? The problem of these terms is that they are vague. I never spent any Essence or Power in your nation; I only spread information. If you really DO wish to work out a peace agreement, you will have to actually figure out specifics instead of asking me to make vague promises. Do you mean I cannot send any aid to followers within your nation? Cannot visit it? Or cannot spend essence or power? Or simply not go against your desires? Really now, you need to make yourself more clear."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 20, 2015, 06:31:06 pm »

"Through your actions and conversations, I have determined that you are hostile toward myself and the High Church. I require no explanation to you."
"Without knowing my "crimes" I cannot possibly pay for them. First you slander my name and then you prevent me from gaining redemption so you can continue to slander me. Only one as dishonourable as yourself would do such a thing."

(Mistakes are made. OOC, it's fine but IC, I'm still gonna exploit that mistake since it makes sense in context.)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:33:07 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 20, 2015, 06:34:24 pm »

Quote from: Andres

"I am a bit confused about exactly what you're trying to spread. You said the 'Word'; what exactly is this? I assumed it was of you."
"The problem brother, is that you do not realize these things are one and the same."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 20, 2015, 06:35:28 pm »

((Alright then. Golem magic will be powered by direct contact with fire.  Puting a Golem magic marked metal in fire will not heat it, but instead charge the engravings within the metal. An hour of charging would be enough to serve for a day, max ammount of charge would hold for two weeks. The limbs are suposed to be detachable.))

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 20, 2015, 06:37:49 pm »

"The problem brother, is that you do not realize these things are one and the same."

No. My problem is that you are allied with a God who has proven he is no friend of mine. If you then try to actively spread your "word" inside the Great Tribe, I view it as opposition. I have given you an ultimatum; either make a decision or explain yourself further so that I can understand better what you are actually trying to do and change my response to it.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 20, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

"They brings words of peace to soothe needless Conflict. Nothing more, nothing less. If you view this as opposition, it is you who has chosen a side, not me."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 20, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »

"They brings words of peace to soothe needless Conflict. Nothing more, nothing less. If you view this as opposition, it is you who has chosen a side, not me."

"In that case, I apologize. If you promise not to inflame the population or spread anything that has to do with Iliseth, I will not only allow them free reign within my land, I will grant the leader the Ring of Empathy. Can you agree to this?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 20, 2015, 07:06:00 pm »

"I can agree. Truth be told, the Great Tribe does much to unify Humanity in a way that pleases me. Regardless of who their leader's patron would align himself with..."
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 137