Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 182545 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 14:Cold War?
« Reply #1230 on: June 20, 2015, 07:08:22 pm »

"Very well. My previous ultimatum has been withdrawn and the Ring of Empathy will be granted to the leader of your Missionaries."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 20, 2015, 07:12:14 pm »

"What exactly do you mean encroaching in your territory? The problem of these terms is that they are vague. I never spent any Essence or Power in your nation; I only spread information. If you really DO wish to work out a peace agreement, you will have to actually figure out specifics instead of asking me to make vague promises. Do you mean I cannot send any aid to followers within your nation? Cannot visit it? Or cannot spend essence or power? Or simply not go against your desires? Really now, you need to make yourself more clear."

Fine, I will clarify what I am asking. And I am not excessively interested in peace, rather I would prefer spending my resources in a more useful way.
What I am asking for in order to remove the ban on your worship is:
1- That you do not perform any secret actions within the Aag territory.
2- That you do not attempt to change or reshape the Aag society in any way.
3- That you stop any action within the Aag territory when I ask you to do so.

Secretly empowering your followers within Aag territory to perform any change to the system would be a violation of my first and second demands. Doing the same in public would be a violation of my second demand. Attempting to bring an ideology I did not want, despite me asking you many times not to do so, as you did (and which started this conflict in the first place), is also a good example of a violation of the second demand. Banning my worship in territory you control or declaring war against my people would not count as a violation of my demands, but would obviously result in a similarly hostile reaction. Helping your followers within Aag grounds in any way that doesn't affect Aag society is not a violation of either demands. Visiting my nation is not a violation either, as long as you do not attempt to change it in any way. I reserve myself the right to forbid any action within the Aag nation, right that I will use to block any attempt to exploit any loophole. Exploiting a loophole, while not specifically against any of my demands, will still be perceived as a negative action, potentially resulting in a conflict similar to the one we are currently involved in depending on the gravity of the act. If you have any question regarding my demands, or wish to negotiate on any portion of these requests, feel free to contact me. If you are serious about this peace discussion, I would recommend that you refrain Fredrick's offensive, at least until we either come to an agreement, or decide to resume our hostilities. My nation will not begin any offensive, but will respond to any with a brutal counter offensive.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 07:13:54 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 20, 2015, 07:17:08 pm »

"What exactly do you mean encroaching in your territory? The problem of these terms is that they are vague. I never spent any Essence or Power in your nation; I only spread information. If you really DO wish to work out a peace agreement, you will have to actually figure out specifics instead of asking me to make vague promises. Do you mean I cannot send any aid to followers within your nation? Cannot visit it? Or cannot spend essence or power? Or simply not go against your desires? Really now, you need to make yourself more clear."

Fine, I will clarify what I am asking. And I am not excessively interested in peace, rather I would prefer spending my resources in a more useful way.
What I am asking for in order to remove the ban on your worship is:
1- That you do not perform any secret actions within the Aag territory.
2- That you do not attempt to change or reshape the Aag society in any way.
3- That you stop any action within the Aag territory when I ask you to do so.

Secretly empowering your followers within Aag territory to perform any change to the system would be a violation of my first and second demands. Doing the same in public would be a violation of my second demand. Attempting to bring an ideology I did not want, despite me asking you many times not to do so, as you did (and which started this conflict in the first place), is also a good example of a violation of the second demand. Banning my worship in territory you control or declaring war against my people would not count as a violation of my demands, but would obviously result in a similarly hostile reaction. Helping your followers within Aag grounds in any way that doesn't affect Aag society is not a violation of either demands. Visiting my nation is not a violation either, as long as you do not attempt to change it in any way. I reserve myself the right to forbid any action within the Aag nation, right that I will use to block any attempt to exploit any loophole. Exploiting a loophole, while not specifically against any of my demands, will still be perceived as a negative action, potentially resulting in a conflict similar to the one we are currently involved in depending on the gravity of the act. If you have any question regarding my demands, or wish to negotiate on any portion of these requests, feel free to contact me. If you are serious about this peace discussion, I would recommend that you refrain Fredrick's offensive, at least until we either come to an agreement, or decide to resume our hostilities. My nation will not begin any offensive, but will respond to any with a brutal counter offensive.

"I will accept this contract as long as you bind yourself to the same restrictions toward the Great Tribe and any future nations that may hold me as their deity."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 20, 2015, 07:17:29 pm »

-snip-
"This treaty would be good if it was applied to Humans and myself. If you do this, Patronius, I will expect you to sign a similar deal when it comes to Humanity."
(ninja'd)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 20, 2015, 07:57:42 pm »

I will have to add a similar clause, that any of my future creations or controlled territory will be affected by the same rules. I will also require some time to think before we come to an agreement. I want to be sure I do not forget an essential detail. I also wish to see your answer to Illiseth before I make my final decision.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 20, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »

Welcome back, Utther! I hope your vacation went well! We are all glad to see you again!

Answer to prayers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Listen to more prayer. Also return to visit the nation to chat and help. Use this occasion to announce that the system will be improved again soon. Appear from time to time in small villages without notifying anyone, to chat for a short time with the locals. Tell them that I will do short surprise visits from time to time in addition to the longer ones.

Spend 2E to make the beta ants even smarter after Izgamlo have done the same to the population.

This is the best kind of competition, don't you agree Izgamlo?

Spoiler: New society rules (click to show/hide)

Inform the population that the Lizardmen will now be called the Kaag from now on. Encourage the Yaag species privately to not develop an elitist sentiment, as they need the other species to help them.

Order the army to begin the mass fortification of the villages and the territory. Self-sufficient forts are to be built all over the desert, and are to be guarded by a permanent force. When choosing their location, prioritize to place them around villages, more often than not in the direction of any potential threat, and then in any strategic position.[/b]

After that, appear again to the nation:
I have enacted more defensive measures. Expect more in the future, as some nations have declared their hostility towards us. I want you to be ready in case of a full-scale war. I will see if I can defuse the situation with the human kingdom and the new kingdom. In the meantime, I encourage you to strengthen your alliance with the saplings, and with anyone who you deem to be a good candidate for an alliance. I believe in all of you. We will prevail, even in dark times such as these.

Inform Aag historians that the current state of global warfare is to be called The First Divine Wars. Future large scale conflicts of similar nature will follow the same naming convention.

Spoiler: Peace negotiations? (click to show/hide)

Give my army any knowledge I can get of their enemies' armies without spending resources.

To patronius:
So much for being the champion of free speech, patronius. The political motivation behind your actions are painfully easy to read. Anyways, what I told to your favorite puppet was also addressed to you. Do you agree to my conditions, or are we really going to have to waste mortal lives on this petty matter?

((I tried to add some spoilers to reduce the size of my post. None of it is secret so feel free to look at it. The thing I mentioned to patronius is in the peace negotiation spoiler.))
Uztot also visits the Nation to chat and help out this time.

He also teaches the Immortal Ant Divine Art.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:26:04 pm by Vgray »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 20, 2015, 08:29:20 pm »

Uztot, are you fine with me giving your lizardmen a new name? I also need you to choose something.

When I created the Saag, I mentioned that they were very protective of the Maag. Expand this protectiveness to the Yaag and Kaag.
Use 3E, split proportionately to their number so everyone receive the same amount to the Saag, Maag and Yaag to give them increased strength/resistance, dexterity/agility and intelligence/charisma respectively. Use 1E to improve two traits of the Kaag that Uztot will choose.(Stamina/Dexterity, as he chosen)

((most likely going to add more stuff here because I know I wanted to do more things but I can't remember what.))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:57:42 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 20, 2015, 08:36:54 pm »

"Yes, I like the name. We both do, if it matters. I don't know if you consider Azem a person, I'm not really sure if I do, but Iliseth certainly doesn't."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 20, 2015, 08:41:00 pm »

"Yes, I like the name. We both do, if it matters. I don't know if you consider Azem a person, I'm not really sure if I do, but Iliseth certainly doesn't."

I think Azem is likely to be a person, or at least an independent personality, which is all the same to me. I decided to give the Kaag a gift. Which traits do you wish to improve for them? You can choose two.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 20, 2015, 08:42:18 pm »

I think Azem is likely to be a person, or at least an independent personality, which is all the same to me. I decided to give the Kaag a gift. Which traits do you wish to improve for the Kaag? You can choose two.
"If it was merely an independent personality, then I would consider it a person. That it carries memories of a "bubble" that never existed tells me that the personality is a product of insanity."

I ask the leader of the New Kingdom who they are, who they serve, how they came to power, and what its goals are.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:12:44 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 20, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

Uztot, are you fine with me giving your lizardmen a new name? I also need you to choose something.

When I created the Saag, I mentioned that they were very protective of the Maag. Expand this protectiveness to the Yaag and Kaag.
Use 3E, split proportionately to their number so everyone receive the same amount to the Saag, Maag and Yaag to give them increased strength/resistance, dexterity/agility and intelligence/charisma respectively. Use 1E to improve two traits of the Kaag that Uztot will choose.

((most likely going to add more stuff here because I know I wanted to do more things but I can't remember what.))
"Hm. Dexterity and stamina perhaps?"

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 20, 2015, 09:10:54 pm »

All hostile actions toward Iliseth this tick have been canceled.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 20, 2015, 09:31:33 pm »

As the other gods lowered themselves and negotiated directly with the king of the so-called 'New Kingdom' Mavnon descended himself to relieve some stress.

Mavnon curtsied to the monarch playfully, very aware of the oddity of a god giving so much respect to a mortal. With a devilish smile, she turned to the Pantheon of Blood and Progress and gave them a wink.

"So my king, you see the gods come to your throne."
"All gods of a single order, seeking treaty without a bone."
"Had they sent mortal lords, this would be at all odd."
"As you can see though, they have come humbly without a lot."
"Keen with godly fire, they want peace and what is known."
"Awful as it is, it is a sight to see the gods in such lowly knots."

"Do as you wish as it is your realm"
"I however recommend what you watch your step for though the gods are humble, they have power indeed."
"Do not however give in completely for that is a fool's error."

"I know you cannot trust me, I surely do not trust the gods, but take my advice and listen."
"To leave it by the road and listen to your heart is the fool's idea alone."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 20, 2015, 09:58:13 pm »

All hostile actions toward Iliseth this tick have been canceled.
As a result of successful peace talks made in private, all hostile actions toward Patronius this Tick have been cancelled. Peace has been made.

"Patronius, now that you are at peace with both myself and Lithus, you could allow Uztot's missionaries to spread the faith of ILU? I believe you had issue with it because I was part of that pantheon."

As the other gods lowered themselves and negotiated directly with the king of the so-called 'New Kingdom' Mavnon descended himself to relieve some stress.

Mavnon curtsied to the monarch playfully, very aware of the oddity of a god giving so much respect to a mortal. With a devilish smile, she turned to the Pantheon of Blood and Progress and gave them a wink.

"So my king, you see the gods come to your throne."
"All gods of a single order, seeking treaty without a bone."
"Had they sent mortal lords, this would be at all odd."
"As you can see though, they have come humbly without a lot."
"Keen with godly fire, they want peace and what is known."
"Awful as it is, it is a sight to see the gods in such lowly knots."

"Do as you wish as it is your realm"
"I however recommend what you watch your step for though the gods are humble, they have power indeed."
"Do not however give in completely for that is a fool's error."

"I know you cannot trust me, I surely do not trust the gods, but take my advice and listen."
"To leave it by the road and listen to your heart is the fool's idea alone."

"At this stage I am merely curious about this "New King", having just heard of him."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 20, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

"Patronius, now that you are at peace with both myself and Lithus, you could allow Uztot's missionaries to spread the faith of ILU? I believe you had issue with it because I was part of that pantheon."

"This is allowed, yes."
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137