Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137]

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 182844 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 18: ~KJP is back~
« Reply #2040 on: August 18, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »

((Kilojoule (the guy who did the original Ye gods, which is what litany is based on) is starting a new game over here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152640.0;topicseen
We're pretty much all going to play that, not sure what will happen to this one :/))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 18, 2015, 09:52:15 pm »

((I hope this one lives- I like Gai-gen.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 27, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »

((PTW))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?
« Reply #2043 on: November 01, 2015, 02:21:36 pm »

Please save all additional posts for Symphony, if it ever comes up, or the OOC. Last technical post that puts everyone in the time skip, ignoring everything else~.

The Gods shout orders, put their ear's to prayer, or their hands to work. Even as they act, the world around them slows. Soldiers and civilians run in slow motion, stopping suddenly mid stride. The prayers are cut off, after being half-comprehensible even to the Gods. The essence froze in the vein's of Gods, unable to effect the world. Even the planet seems to be out of reach, attempts to interact with it simply flowing through their hands like spirits to mortals.

"Do not be alarmed, young Gods."

A voice speaks out, somewhat like Agali's.

"Poemandres, Friend, you weren't supposed to wake up yet! Nobody listen to this guy, he loves giving away secrets to my Friends, and that is no fun! Nananananananananan...."

Agali's voice joins, attempting to drown out the first voice with noise. The World around the Gods starts to fade away, along with the not-so-distant asteroids. Soon everything around them is pitch black. They are unable to move, unable to act.

"No matter. I know all thy desires and I'm with thee everywhere. I have not yet come to cleanse this world, only to inform its inhabitants."

Agali's voice is silenced, a blessing in this case.

"It is unfortunate, but you have been injected with an Energy of Stasis, a mirror to the Energies of Creation and Destruction. In short, with all the energisings of the harmony stript from you, you are trapped. Do not worry, for the body's senses next pass back into their sources, becoming separate, and resurrect as energies; and passion and desire withdraw unto that nature which is void of reason.

Forgive me, for I am far off and my communication is yet waning. I shalt try again, so you may understand. You are familiar with the energies of Creation, Destruction, and Life. Some of you perhaps more, though I may not say. This is a Fourth Energy, Stasis. It is rare in Nature, though it oft finds itself infecting ones such as yourself by pure chance. It may be created by Divine or Infernal means, though I can not hint if it was created Inside or Outside. There is much of it, filling the Inside as Power typically does. It is possible it is simply inverted Power to start with, power of Change changing to power of Staying the Same. In effect, you are all being torn apart. You are returning to Nothing. As I said, do not be alarmed. The Stasis Energy is quickly being erased by the Destructive energy. There is much of it, but none is being created. One day, perhaps even soon, it will be Eradicated. You will be able to reform exactly as you had before, like a mortal soul finding itself once again in its old body. The Mortals you have created are not effected by this, they shalt survive, if not thrive, in your absence. As beings of pure energy, you are much easier to return to Nothing. No matter. To get into more detail, as the time a Tick takes is based on the Power output. With the Destructive Energies devoted to removing the Stasis energies, beings such as yourself can not see time moving forward. Essentially, you are about to fall into a very, very long tick, in addition to being disassembled.

I apologize once again to the less technical of you. I shalt explain the effects as simple as possible. You are about to close your eyes and go into a deep sleep. You will one day awaken, unchanged and refreshed. The Mortals will have changed themselves in your absence, but you need not fear this happening again.

I'm afraid I can't keep this up any longer, and you are about to disperse. May we meet again one day."

The Gods all find themselves truly sleepy, for perhaps the first time. Their consciousness fades away, bits and pieces at a time, perhaps transforming into endless dreams. The Gods slowly fade away with their last thoughts, with unthought promises to return one day.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:33:47 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137]