Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 182516 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 1:Creation
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 10:49:16 am »

"Allows seasons...turning planet...turning sun...allows shadow-time and growing-time....Life. Death. Creation. Growth. Mass ratio...irrelevant. Allows freely turning axis...molten core provides...protection, turning. Torus cannot turn...one side burns....the other freezes...surface area made unusable. Unsuitable for growth of life. Of construction. Of ideas."
Disagreement. Constant environmental conditions more conductive to growth than variation. Constant sunlight allows more impressive plant growths as they gain a constant supply of food. Larger plants can support larger populations of creatures that feed on them. Leading to more growth and life overall.

See no need for seasons. Cold side of torus is ultimate shadow to the life-filled light side.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:40:21 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 10:57:42 am »

"Torus cannot turn on. No way to cool hot side or warm bright side. Unsuitable for large life anywhere but twilight. Molten core could not turn, no field made. Turn around sun if sun was arc would make seasons, growing and planting and sleeping, but only small area affected significantly. Frozen always frozen. Burning always scorched. Difficult to build, grow, breathe, think, live. Only top and bottom suitable for life. No way to get from top to bottom. Torus unsuitable."

Hesitation.

"Require time for....germination. Adaptability. Cold side is...shadow must be...but...shadow side of planet....hmmmm...Growing crystalline life...Feed off miniscule light sources? Other than sun, small enough to allow shadow?...I must...think. Patient....we must be."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 11:01:03 am »

((Of course, maybe price checks go in the ooc thread...))

((Price checks do go in OOC, since that is much easier to keep up with))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 11:03:26 am »

"Frozen always frozen. Burning always scorched. Difficult to build, grow, breathe, think, live. Only top and bottom suitable for life. No way to get from top to bottom. Torus unsuitable."
Narrowmindedness. Design life suited to constant high temperatures. Simplicity itself. Make them capable of harvesting the abundant energy that would be present at full light side for massive amounts of growth.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:40:43 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 11:07:13 am »

"...Life...difficult to sustain under such conditions....but...suppose...possible....
Compromise? Growing Torus. One one-hundredths growth every one hundred cycles around arc-sun? New material at closest and farthest 'edges' from sun...avoids disrupting buildings and life already present...."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 11:09:00 am »

"...Life...difficult to sustain under such conditions....but...suppose...possible....
Compromise? Growing Torus. One one-hundredths growth every one hundred cycles around arc-sun? New material at closest and farthest 'edges' from sun...avoids disrupting buildings and life already present...."

Support.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 11:12:20 am »

Difference between full torus and sugested offer miniscule and irrelevant. Reject.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 11:21:03 am »

Acceptable if the costs to include such a feature aren't prohibitive.

((Is this more readable than my previous posts?))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:37:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 11:28:53 am »

"I support the growing torus, it will allow for my future children to have much unexplored land to hide and thrive."

While the other gods are busy talking and such, I would like to create a tiny jumping spider and place it upon my head, it shall be called Ewuobuhr, the first of creation, and the first of my children.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 11:38:04 am »

My creation will inhabit the scorched half of the world, I can imagine hundreds of ways to adapt them to this life. The torus will be big enough that there will be no need to fight for the favored territories. The temperates portions, despite being in minority in this system, will still be plentiful. I support the growing torus if this what we need for an agreement. It will need to expand in radius as well as in height to prevent it from going too close to the sun.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 11:42:08 am »

(Lauxal: -0E)

The first Godly creation appears on Lauxal's head, an itsy bitsy spider dubbed Ewubuhr. It proceeds to make the first mortal creation, spider silk, in her coal black hair.

(...Jumping spiders don't make webs, do they? Doh!)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:44:51 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 11:43:21 am »

My creation will inhabit the scorched half of the world, I can imagine hundreds of ways to adapt them to this life. The torus will be big enough that there will be no need to fight for the favored territories. The temperates portions, despite being in minority in this system, will still be plentiful. I support the growing torus if this what we need for an agreement. It will need to expand in radius as well as in height to prevent it from going too close to the sun.

"The growth is slow...the change in position, minuscule...the diameter of the torus compared to the distance from the sun...is tiny...but if that is what you require, very well."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 11:56:00 am »

"The growth is slow...the change in position, minuscule...the diameter of the torus compared to the distance from the sun...is tiny...but if that is what you require, very well."
I was concerned by the potential for trouble a constant growth could cause. If the change is too small to cause any trouble, I am fine with it being as you suggested.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 12:20:50 pm »

I believe we have reached sufficient consensus for now. Shall we begin construction a sun? A crystal spiral sun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2015, 12:22:58 pm »

I believe we have reached sufficient consensus for now. Shall we begin construction a sun? A crystal spiral sun.
"Why a spiral? Agreement has not been reached...as to it being a spiral."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 137