Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 182551 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 5: Penguins?
« Reply #615 on: June 06, 2015, 01:31:40 am »

((What are you talking about? Most of your experiments succeeded. That one didn't because you are doing something over the Perverted limit  :-\. To be more technical, when a mortal gets soul-scanned, they get that feeling that someone is watching them. Which completely ruins 'the mood' preventing the action from happening.))
(Ok, but if I ever get to much just tell me. At one point, I was doing too much stuff in Ye Gods and KJP told me to slow down. I wouldn't be upset if you told me to slow down.)

a puppet*.
(Frikkin smeerps...)
I create snakes away from Human settlements.
EDIT: (Wow. I was more accurate with the 'smeerp' thing than I thought. I thought puppets were the wolf snakes.)
I create rabbits away from Human settlements.

Human wife: My husband was bitten by an animal a month ago, and now he is acting strange. Could you please check up on him Uztot, if it isn't too much trouble?
Ask them both what happened and how the husband feels "strange". Soul sense and blood sense on the husband and the wife. If it's just a normal illness, tell them to see a healer. If I can't sense any kind of illness or if I sense something that doesn't match up with any illnesses, do the following:
Soul sense and blood sense on the surrounding area. Anything non-Human outside of the normal wildlife? Get the city/town/village to put the husband under house arrest for a month after informing them of the situation. Tell the husband/wife to pray to me if anything happens. Soul sense and blood sense near the city/town/village on the wildlife. Anything out-of-the-ordinary animals? Soul sense/blood sense on those elemental wolves and ask them what happens if they bite something.

Iliseth continues ogling creations with soul sense. The light from all the essence being used blocks off any useful soul-wise, as she is unable to see any souls combining. After the light fades, they seem to appear to be two souls chained together.
Soul sense again now that Essence isn't being used any more.

((...Giving Iliseth free soul sense was a stupid move on my part, wasn't it?))
(It's literally the only thing my primary sphere has given me a discount on, as far as I know.)

Young Sapling: What happens to souls when they die?
"You didn't think to ask me this? It's common sense to ask the goddess of Souls about souls, young Sapling. As for what happens, no soul has yet been observed to die and so the question cannot yet be answered. If it has happened, you could just check the Divine Library for the answers."

Check the Divine Library if there have ever been instances of souls dying.

Human man: MAKE MY NIGHTMARES STOOOOP! PLEEEAAAASE LAUXAL MAKE IT STOOOOOP!
"That is it, Aurosseu! You have failed for the last time! 3 Ticks I've waited for you to solve the issue of the nightmares and 3 Ticks you have failed to do so! Now mortals are praying to the god who's caused the nightmares in the first place for mercy! You are a failure as a god!"
2 Power to suppress the nightmares of Humanity, regardless of whether they follow me or not (let Heretic Prophet Illyria suffer, though).

Power to allow a Great Seed to be 'born' and planted in the desert
Soul sense before anything else is created.

Lorash uses his remaining Power to create beings with the appearance of Dwarves. Something feels...off about them, and they seem to have no pupils. They go through the lands, helping to spread ritual magic at a faster rate. (Lorash-allP)
Soulsensesoulsensesoulsense *Ahem* Soul sense.

I create horses. I tell Humanity that if they can manage to tame them, they can be trained so Humans can ride on them or else pull sleds and carts. (Mundane creation so free. No auto-domestication so still free.) Invent the wheel if it costs no Essence.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:06:10 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"...'tis rude to answer prayers...not directed at oneself, Iliseth...particularly if the answer amounts to something along the lines of...'figure it out yourself'..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maag Trader: I have fallen in love with a beautiful Naiad, and she loves me in turn...but alas, she is bound to a fresh water spring at the top of a snow-capped mountain! Uztot, why have you forsaken me!?
Ant Soldier: I tire of slaying my brothers and sisters in this senseless war! Please, Uztot, stop the bloodshed!
"How tragic. I'll create a nice pond for her somewhere close by, more temperate. Uztot uses power to create a pond nearby, and transports the Naiad to it.

"Your divine father seems to have the situation well in hand now. Sad as his solution is...please accept this blessing as a sign of my regret that I could not do more. Uztot grants the Ant Soldier enhanced charisma and the ability to calm others, as well as immortality.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:12:35 am by Vgray »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 06, 2015, 02:09:34 am »

"That is it, Aurosseu! You have failed for the last time! 3 Ticks I've waited for you to solve the issue of the nightmares and 3 Ticks you have failed to do so! Now mortals are praying to the god who's caused the nightmares in the first place for mercy! You are a failure as a god!"
"3 Ticks is no time at all. If you haven't noticed, I've been playing the long game in focusing on growth and allies instead of instant solutions. The darkest hour is right before sunrise, don't you know?"

"With that, perhaps it's time to reveal something. I have been working on a system to use certain objects, 'totems', to connect the idealistic realm of spirits and dreams to the more material waking world. Watch as my Influence skyrockets."

Aurosseu creates Totem Magic, using the Dreamcatcher as a template and the co-operation of 3 extra Gods and the borrowed spheres of Magic, Portals, and Souls for their discounts, as well as the 2E contribution a certain God gave to help with the cost. Should he not have enough Essence even with all these discounts, he draws from Power and/or Crux where appropriate.

"Lauxal, now would be a good time to stop angering other gods with the nightmares you've spread. Just a little tip. Maybe you could keep some of your dignity by not making me crush you like the bug you are."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 06, 2015, 02:49:07 am »

"3 Ticks is no time at all. If you haven't noticed, I've been playing the long game in focusing on growth and allies instead of instant solutions."
"Three Ticks is certainly a lot of time for the mortals who've suffered through this. Playing the long game wouldn't have been bad if you'd just asked us for help in dealing with the short-term. Each Tick it always seemed you were going to handle the problem then and there and for that reason we - or at least I - refrained from assisting. You were the god of Dreams, after all, and it was your responsibility."

(Before you counter saying that it's my job to set up an afterlife/reincarnation, know that I'm still waiting on the price checks from the GM for that.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:11:06 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Illyria dear, I believe it is time we continued your education."

Mavnon advises Illyria to go to a Ritualstone and offer carcasses for knowledge. Ensure to explain how exactly they work and who/what the Saplings/Great Trees are.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

Alicia manifests herself on the three planets, and teaches the basics of music to all races she encounters.

She also tries to find the reason of the death of the Alicia-born.

((The fertility boost was supposed to be power instead of essence))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Illyria dear, I believe it is time we continued your education."
"Illyria has abandoned you and become a prophet of Izgamlo. She is an untrustworthy retch and one not worthy of our gifts."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Do I care for what god she preaches? I am not a haughty being who cares about 'factions' sister. And oh yes, I feel it is time for some testing; the mortals need some stimuli."

6P: Cause it to rain on every planet for as long as possible. This will cause flooding.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:13:15 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6P: Cause it to rain on every planet for as long as possible.
(inb4 Maag genocide)

Teach Humanity fishing if they haven't invented it already.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:29:21 am by Andres »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Maag werewolves? Would they keep control over themsevles? The idea is certainly promising, but I will have to stop it if it makes them kill each other.
"I wont let you do that. I spend power on my creations, so I must make it succeed. No matter what I have to do in order to attain my success."
So must I assume that this will put them in a blood frenzy? I said I will not stop it if it does not make them dangerous to themselves and others.
"If it costs a few lives, so be it. I will not let you stop this, even if they kill some of your dear three eyed furry things."
You are again avoiding my question, why is that so? I have noticed that you have taken a very defensive and hostile stance towards me, why? I am not trying to attack you, only trying to understand what you want to do to my creation. Do I not have the right to know?
((and they don't have any fur btw.))
"You speak as if you intend to meddle with my experiment, make all my effort for naught. I don't know what will happen, so your statement of stopping it, fills me with discomfort.
I am Skolld, and I will succeed.
"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Well."

((Sankis.))

I think I have an idea. Use Power to give the trader dwarf a fey mood, which if he succeeds will result in building the first wagon. As for Sankis the immortal, use some quantity of essence to grant him a long-lasting dwarven engineering inspiration and finesse which will be hard to equal by other dwarves, but doable (think legendary skill level from dwarf fortress). Unless this would use my Crux.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 06, 2015, 08:45:23 am »

"3 Ticks is no time at all. If you haven't noticed, I've been playing the long game in focusing on growth and allies instead of instant solutions."
"Three Ticks is certainly a lot of time for the mortals who've suffered through this. Playing the long game wouldn't have been bad if you'd just asked us for help in dealing with the short-term. Each Tick it always seemed you were going to handle the problem then and there and for that reason we - or at least I - refrained from assisting. You were the god of Dreams, after all, and it was your responsibility."

(Before you counter saying that it's my job to set up an afterlife/reincarnation, know that I'm still waiting on the price checks from the GM for that.)
(The point is no less valid for that, considering he actually has done his job of annoying Lauxal enough to make her offer a ceasefire. And the whole bit about you accusing him of being a failure as a god for not being able to completely overcome a different god in three ticks.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 06, 2015, 08:48:38 am »

(The point is no less valid for that, considering he actually has done his job of annoying Lauxal enough to make her offer a ceasefire. And the whole bit about you accusing him of being a failure as a god for not being able to completely overcome a different god in three ticks.)
(I agree with these points, though Iliseth wouldn't. I just didn't want him using an argument that he'd win only for OOC reasons.)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[redacted]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:30:25 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 137