Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 183049 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 12: Digging Deeper
« Reply #1110 on: June 17, 2015, 10:04:39 pm »

"I feel rather excellent. I've accomplished one of my three life goals and no one has tried to kill me. I see some things have happened, however."

"Uztot, with the creation of Art I feel able enough to interact with your soul and mind. This should let me find this "Azem" and remove it from your mind, assuming you still wish me to do so. Could you give me access?"

Check up on that Human leader. Does he still worship me as I dictated when I created Humanity?

I listen to 3 Human prayers and 2 non-Human prayers.

I look for the location of the gods. Are they spread over the void or are they in one metaphysical location?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 17, 2015, 10:06:20 pm »

Listen to prayers.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 17, 2015, 10:22:28 pm »

Listen to prayers.
Slap the slap with a trout~

The slap is obviously not intended to be harmful.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:37:08 pm by Kevak »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 17, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »

"Let the record state I oppose my own removal. Unless it somehow involved a mortal body and a nice cave."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 17, 2015, 10:39:39 pm »

"I like Azem so far. More interesting then Uztot~"

"On a completely unrelated note. I'm sorta wondering what happens if gods procreate with each other. Like. Does it make more gods? Does it just rend reality? Does it make lil baby abominations? This is an interesting subject. Also I wonder what happens if it's done with mortals."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 17, 2015, 10:42:43 pm »

"I'll try not to be insulted by that."

"I do have a few thousand years over you you know."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 17, 2015, 11:34:43 pm »

Tick 13: A Bit Beastly
Yeah, still don't have those income up. Lot of work still getting over the sick thing.

Nilva investigates Nothing! Several mortals tell them that the worship of "Nothing" is simply an interpretation of not worshiping anything. Others are more tight-lipped about this. Izgamlo helps.

Lovecraft seems to have written a large amount of anachronistic babbling that may or may not have anything to do with the Nothing. Some interesting samples:

Spoiler: Lovecraft Quotes (click to show/hide)

How bizarre, and no doubt plot irrelevant!

Maag Architect: Well....Thanks for the advice, I guess. The question kind of got outdated.

Interested Teeththeif: Doesn't that describe most life on the fragments?
Frightened Teeththief: He seems to have been attacked by some form of spirit while in the Dreams of another, which had driven him out.
Infatuated Shadow Kabold: Flowers? Shiny things? Well, I can't change who I am by joining those freaks, but I will try with the rest. Thank you so much!

The New Kingdom indeed seems to be spreading into the edge of the unnamed Maag desert, taking over several several small settlements near the edge that have not yet been able to alert the Maag as a whole.

Lithus/Luthus appears before the New Kingdom's King! He seems to be a strong young Human who wants to further build his kingdom. No divine meddling can be found in anything near the kingdom, though a small amount of Mortal activity is obviose.

Worried Maag: If the Gods fight, does it matter how far we are? I would not trust something like distance in such a battle!
Worried dwarf: I will be sure to do that! Hiding time!
Beta Ant: I can wait. We will focus on magic, as we had decided with your assistance, in the meantime.
Maag Architect: His works seem to be primarily large public buildings, utilizing stone from the mountain. Most are impressive and ornate, with vaulted ceilings and in-built anti-air conditioning to make them as hot as possible. The most popular seem to be a large Drink Hall, a local Forum for the leadership to meet in, and several temples to numerous Gods.

The Transmutation seems to have failed! The metals returned to stone, releasing a significant amount of radiation into the surrounding area as they do so. Fortunately, no Mortal seems to have been harmed by this.

The Aag begin to, once again, prepare for war! Many volunteers begin training for combat as the nation puts its research efforts into warfare. The largest supplier of high-tech weapons before, the Dwarves, are still recreating their own armory. However, the Aag nation seems to manage to purchase several weapons that appear to have been taken from the Dwarves, though at a large price, in various black markets. Huan the Clothier does his part, and is currently going over ideas for military uniforms and banners to help group cohesion.

A new caste of space Dwarves is created! Many of of the Dwarves lacking the willpower for the intense regime offered to them join this caste, helping the Clan as a whole by doing the necessary jobs such as farming and brewery.

Writhe: Huh. That explains a little big I guess.
Maag: Ah.....I am now confused. What does this mean?

The Space Dwarf is taught how to make paper, and take measurements. He does little to these immediately, preferring to meditate on them during his long required activities.

Hemp fields are planted around the village! Somehow, many of the FC Dwarves find out that for some odd reason, this material has hallucinogenic properties that where unintended by the God who planted them there! Its starts to be used recreationaly among the Free Caste Dwarves, as its main use.

Maag Obelisk Watcher: He has pleasant and insightful dreams for the first five days, and is thankful for the gift. The next five days he is assaulted by numerous and constant nightmares. As he awakes, he begins to meditate on the meaning of this.
Nightmaring Ant: The Wolves themselves seem to be causing the nightmare, and they flee as you appear. At that point, it is Trivial to give him pleasant nightmares for the rest of the dream.

Iliseth, apparently unconcerned with the multiple conquests of the race she created, attempts to raise a mountain using the mysterious Art! Nothing obviose happens, and the attempt seems to fail. The Dwarves' bodies seem to have long ago vanished.

The Tower continues to jut upwards, now surrounded by a virtual city dedicated to growing it more and more. The materials near the base glow slightly, being blessed to hold the massive weight above them. More work is being done on the inside now, with plans being made to move the city into the tower completely. (Izgamlo, -1P, -1E)

Izgamlo continues to teach more random mortals a variety of magics. Nine seem to be ecstatic with a lesson from the God of Magic himself, with the tenth being slightly dissapointed and only interested in the "True Magic".

The earth wolves have their curse lessened momentarily! They seem to take the orders to "teach them a lesson" differently. Several go into the Nations and Towns of Mortals directly, explaining the powers of their Kin and how they can help lower their pain. Others take it to mean assaulting the Mortals until they stop, and begin forming a coherent Pack with the intent of invading Mortal settlements. They seek out the Immortal Wolf, hoping he would lead them in this. (Skolld -1E)

Skolld then offers to transform many of the Earth Wolves into Jaguars. The majority agree to this change, happily taking their new forms. A few, mostly those living in naturally colder climates, reject the change to keep their long fur. (Skolld -2E)

Next, Skolld begins wandering the lands as the possessed Wolf. The Mortals seem to see him as an elemental Wolf due to his strange nature. Some Mortals seem to fear him, either running at the sight or trying pathetically to attack him. Others are reverent and respectful, leaving out a plate full of raw meats for him to eat. He runs into a bizarre group of Nomads that seems to really like the wolves, who take turns petting him before moving along.

Illyria reports that the CR Dwarves have indeed attempted to use livestock. The have also experimented with using plant life, enemy combatants, captured enemies, and sharing the burden between groups. None are particularly successful, and this is only the beginning of the list of their attempts. She reports that it seems almost impossible for the average Portabanii to borrow energy from an unwilling being, the limited success they have was when the Portabani had raised the livestock themselves. Never the less, they follow your orders and begin raising livestock as demanded.

The CRDs are then given a new Doctrine called Military Professionalism. They seem to know many of the basics, but are grateful for the knew knowledge. They continue to use this ability to expand their Kingdom further.

All clans of Dwarves seem to be well antiquated with Masonry. The CRDs do as ordered, creating more fortifications around particularly vulnerable or valuable areas.

Illyria begins inventing new weaponry for the Clan, taking some of her more interesting designs in the past and what the normal Dwarves have already created. But first, she starts observing the Clan, noting its society and physiology to see what designs will work best with them.

The CRD forces seem to use several designs based off of other race's equipment, made to make use of their limited metal supply. The main infantry weapon seems to be a long spear, based off the hunting Weapons of the Human Tribes they absorbed. This only takes a small amount of metal to create, while allowing for easy formations and avoiding close combat where the Dwarves would be at a reach disadvantage. They have some artillery in the form of simple catapults and trebuchets, but generally only use them to attack fortified positions. The main ranged weapon seems to be bows, which are favored by the Portabanii in particular. They are used for many of the same reasons that the spears are.

The Ritual Stone Squad reports what it knows. It seems they picked up scatterings of different techniques, technology, and other knowledge from all over the Fragments. Many of the details are still vague and will require research, but they feel confident in their ability to copy anything mortal since they went on this mission.

The Adventurers are sent on a Holy mission! Several prominent Revolutionaries seem to have partaken of the fountain as well, and warn the others of this event. Many Adventurers leave the Dungeons or world in hopes of taking this reward, though so far none are particularly successful.

Lorash considers creating 1g of antimatter to destroy the beast! He may or may not realize how expensive it is to create a 43 kiloton explosion, 3 Hiroshima equivalents, and just how far that would go. He may or may not want to price check this city destroying blast before considering something so drastic.

Patronius saves the endangered leaders by teleporting them away from the angry beast! The Beast itself seems dissapointed, though the leaders feel a mixture of gratitude and confusion (those that can feel, at least.) (Patronius -3P)

The Human Leader is dubbed Frederick, and is granted the Ring of Protection! He continues to lead conquests of the Great Tribe, now leaving only a few scattered Human settlements not under his control. He seems to want to expand into other races, though seems to prefer doing it more peacefully to avoid all out warfare. (Patronius-2P)

Patronius creates the High Church! The Ringbearers all agree to join, fearing that if they don't they will loose their precious rings. They don't, however, agree to go to a single location together. They seem to be paranoid about the other Ringbearers attempting to steal their rings away, as many Mortals have before. He dedicates 2P a tick to blessings of this Church, which seems to immediately help it spread.

Most Ringbearers seem to take other actions above spreading your faith, with the exception of Frederick who is much more serious about worshiping you.

Patronius prayers:
Human Tribal Leader: Ah, there is no way I can face the Great Tribe, but I don't want to give up my position of Leadership! What should I do?
Maag Trader: My Countries' economy is totally stupid! Patronius, what is the best way of getting more Things then everyone else in my nation without having to share?
Dreamborn Engineer: That Dwarf Sankis thinks he is the world's greatest engineer, eh? I will challenge him to an engineer off! Winner gets the Ring!

Luthus summons a Plasma Rifle, appearing before the Beast! He swiftly aims and pulls the trigger, hitting it in the side with an explosion like an extremely small spherical sun. A quarter of the beast is removed! It begins regenerating the damage! In addition, while Luthus attempts to leave to give the rifle away assuming his mission is done, the Beasts attempts to steal the rifle! (Lithus/Luthus -3E)

Lorash prayers:
CRD: My Husband was a Portabanii who forgot I even existed...can you try to revive some of his memories!?
Ant Mage: Is it a sin to use memories for Portal Magic?
Saag Miner: If you are the God of Metals, why have you not spread metals to the races yet!?

Verruckt takes a look at the monsters and adventurers, presumably before they are teleported away. The Beast seems to have been created in the dungeon, recently at that. He can easily tell that the adventurers stand no chance, the Beast seems to be Angel or even Archangel quality in terms of raw strength. Alone, it would be able to kill all adventurers on the floor without trouble.

Verruckt teleports the Beast to somewhere where it would be much more fair to fight, far, far into the Dungeon. It seems to have kept the Plasma Rifle despite scarily managing to touch it, with the artifact teleporting with it! No doubt this weapon will only make it more powerful. (Verruckt -2P)

((Ah. So much happening at once with the Beast thing I wasn't sure how to handle everything  :-\.))

The Aag are told that the cultural exchange thing will be approved or disapprove later, which they inform the CRDs. They accept this outcome, hoping to never have to go to war, not knowing that it is apparently already declared...

Lithus/Luthus creates a mortal body to inhabit and experiment with! Unfortunately, before he can get past the lobby, the Beast, Crown bearers, and Ant King are teleported back to the places they where before all the teleporting happened! There is no sign of the Plasma Rifle. (Lithus/Luthus -0E)

Lauxal bans his worshipers from talking with Nilva! They seem to listen to this, thus are unable to hear the counters from Nilva.

The counter-war seems to be nothing useful.

((AAAAH THEY DON'T STOP! THEY NEVER STOP!))

Frederick, the Human Leader, seems to be a passionate follower of Patronius and Patronius alone. He is incredibly grateful for all the gifts Patronius has given him, including the Nation he rules, Immortality, and a powerful Artifact. In contrast, he feels Iliseth has given him nothing.

Iliseth prayers:
Human Revolutionary: Why have you let these off-brand Dwarves conquer my hometown? Are we not better then this!?
Human Toaster: Where would we be without this wonderful Great Tribe? Praise Iliseth for giving it to us!
Human Tribe Member: AAAAAH! MY CITY IS FLYING INTO THE AIR OH ILISETH WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
Space Clan Dwarf: Do all these rituals help me with the Art, and if so, can I use it to teleport?
Musling Minstrel: Is it true that Music is good for your soul?

The Gods all seem to be in the location of the Gods, except the ones who are not. Such as Utther, who was sealed into a mortal.

Lauxal Prayers:
Shadow Kabolds: All these new adventurers seem harder to scare in nightmares! How can I still effect them?
Teeththief: Should Cursed Wolf-teeth be worth more then human teeth? Should we value them by size, or how much the being needed them?
Human Totem Magic Practitioner: So many of my Friends cause nightmares! It is fun when there is only one or two, but if I want to talk to several of my Friends at once not even I can take it! How can I resist nightmares longer?

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:25:31 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 13: A Bit Beastly
« Reply #1117 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:11 am »

Iliseth prayers:
Human Revolutionary: Why have you let these off-brand Dwarves conquer my hometown? Are we not better then this!?
Human Toaster: Where would we be without this wonderful Great Tribe? Praise Iliseth for giving it to us!
Human Tribe Member: AAAAAH! MY CITY IS FLYING INTO THE AIR OH ILISETH WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
Space Clan Dwarf: Do all these rituals help me with the Art, and if so, can I use it to teleport?
"All will be well in due time. In the meantime, I need you to pray to me about everything you know of the Dwarves, their military, their occupation of the town, etcetera."
*appreciates*
Check what's going on with the flying city.
Check what kind of rituals this Dwarf is talking about. Are they Artistic rituals or are they based on a magic system?
"So long as the music doesn't drive those who listen to it insane, it most certainly is."

Once I get the military information from the Human Revolutionary, I create 4P worth of military-oriented, non-sentient Humans and use 2P to arm them and give them martial knowledge. I command them to free the town and other settlements from the invading Dwarves and fight them as long as they can afterwards. They are to avoid collateral damage towards Humans as much as possible.

I create a power(as in physical ability)-decreased, charisma-increased angel with 2E. I will designate this kind of angel as a Leader angel. I spar with it to compare my combat ability with its. It will go to Humans fighting the Dwarves (so long as they don't live in Frederick's lands), teach them Art, form an army, and lead them to the defence of Humanity's lands. The false Humans might not win the war by themselves, after all, and they can't prevent anything. Maybe the angel can help with the horse-riding thing?

Soul sense on Frederick. Does his ring shine?

I throw Frederick high up into the air. While he's in the air and safely away from anyone, I fire a Soul blast with 1P and then a Fire blast with 1P. Which blast is bigger? Does my primary sphere make up for the inefficiency of the discipline? Catch him before he hits the ground and possibly falls on someone.
"I wouldn't worry about Frederick, Patronius. His Ring of Protection is more than powerful enough to withstand my blasts and the fall, assuming I wouldn't catch him.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:08:06 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 18, 2015, 12:22:36 am »

Listen to prayers.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 18, 2015, 12:26:22 am »

Nilva investigates all names, locations, festivals, or anything remotely notable in Maag Lovecraft's writing for anything of remote interest. Nilva also investigates the people who are being tightlipped about worshiping Nothing. Atheism is fine, but worshiping unknown entities begets investigation.

Also prayer listening. Do that.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 18, 2015, 12:34:00 am »

I throw Frederick high up into the air. While he's in the air and safely away from anyone, I fire a Soul blast with 1P and then a Fire blast with 1P. Which blast is bigger? Does my primary sphere make up for the inefficiency of the discipline? Catch him before he hits the ground and possibly falls on someone.
"I wouldn't worry about Frederick, Patronius. His Ring of Protection is more than powerful enough to withstand my blasts and the fall, assuming I wouldn't catch him.

"Nonetheless, you'll toy with Frederick over your dead body. You will stop your plans immediately or I will expend every ounce of my strength to combat you. If you desire to play scientist with the mortals, do it with your own angel."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:18 am »

Help with the massive tower. Give it some limited capability to 'absorb' materials and integrate them into it's structure, so that it can help it's builders by growing on it's own to fill out scaffolding and create supports where necessary, as well as shift to accommodate it's greater size. Still needs materials, and it still will need builders to grow at an appreciable rate, of course.

Create the first Great Reef, and 10k Polyps to go with it. Please tell me you can guess how a Great Reef works, more or less(thugh they probably grow down and out a lot more than they do up...)? Polyps are basically aquatic kelp/coral versions of Saplings. They have fins/a tail instead of legs, usually(they have some of the same limited bodyshaping ability the Saplings do). Spend 3 Power on ensuring good underwater and to an extent surface 'weather' so it can grow nicely. I'm guessing that would have more to do with life in the area than literal weather, at least underwater.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:23 am »

"Nonetheless, you'll toy with Frederick over your dead body. You will stop your plans immediately or I will expend every ounce of my strength to combat you. If you desire to play scientist with the mortals, do it with your own angel."
"Good. Now you know what it is when the lives of your creations and followers are threatened. Just as you did before, I will acquiesce to your request and withdraw my action. I find it a bit amusing that you would categorise an angel as a mortal."

I fire a Soul blast into the lines of a Dwarven army with 1P and then a Fire blast with 1P. Which blast is bigger? Does my primary sphere make up for the inefficiency of the discipline?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 18, 2015, 12:53:35 am »

Iliseth prayers:
"All will be well in due time. In the meantime, I need you to pray to me about everything you know of the Dwarves, their military, their occupation of the town, etcetera."
*appreciates*
Check what's going on with the flying city.
Check what kind of rituals this Dwarf is talking about. Are they Artistic rituals or are they based on a magic system?
"So long as the music doesn't drive those who listen to it insane, it most certainly is."

Once I get the military information from the Human Revolutionary, I create 4P worth of military-oriented Humans and use 2P to arm them and give them martial knowledge. I command them to free the town and other settlements from the invading Dwarves and fight them as long as they can afterwards. They are to avoid collateral damage towards Humans as much as possible.

I create a power(as in physical ability)-decreased, charisma-increased angel with 2E. I will designate this kind of angel as a Leader angel. It will go to Humans fighting the Dwarves (so long as they don't live in Frederick's lands), teach them Art, form an army, and lead them to the defence of Humanity's lands. The false Humans might not win the war by themselves, after all, and they can't prevent anything. Maybe the angel can help with the horse-riding thing?

Use 7P to sow Conflict within these humans, forcing them to fight one another. Foiled by the Blood Gods

Create 4000 Orcs, nomads of the plains who ride worses and horses. Settle them in conquered human territories. They are free to migrate to other areas. While independent from Rilem, they are to have amicable relations with them. Rilem is in turn to teach them everything they know.

Lan Cao is to use her spies to infiltrate the revolutionaries and attempt to subdue them. More importantly, she is to discover what exactly is Art.

Grant Illyria control of 1000 Durazni for her personal use.

Grant CRDs knowledge of sulfur, charcoal (if they don't already) saltpeter and steelmaking.

Advise the CRDs to make greater use of Durazni in their armies.

Congratulate the Ritual Stone Squad and ask them if they require any aid to make sense of their data.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:06:02 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 18, 2015, 01:19:29 am »

Spoiler: GM Only (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:27:56 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 137