Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 180906 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 13: A Bit Beastly
« Reply #1125 on: June 18, 2015, 01:27:21 am »

Iliseth prayers:
Human Revolutionary: Why have you let these off-brand Dwarves conquer my hometown? Are we not better then this!?
Human Toaster: Where would we be without this wonderful Great Tribe? Praise Iliseth for giving it to us!
Human Tribe Member: AAAAAH! MY CITY IS FLYING INTO THE AIR OH ILISETH WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!
Space Clan Dwarf: Do all these rituals help me with the Art, and if so, can I use it to teleport?
Musling Minstrel: Is it true that Music is good for your soul?
"All will be well in due time. In the meantime, I need you to pray to me about everything you know of the Dwarves, their military, their occupation of the town, etcetera."
*appreciates*
Check what's going on with the flying city.
Check what kind of rituals this Dwarf is talking about. Are they Artistic rituals or are they based on a magic system?
"So long as the music doesn't drive those who listen to it insane, it most certainly is."

Once I get the military information from the Human Revolutionary, I create 4P worth of military-oriented Humans and use 2P to arm them and give them martial knowledge. I command them to free the town and other settlements from the invading Dwarves and fight them as long as they can afterwards. They are to avoid collateral damage towards Humans as much as possible.

I create a power(as in physical ability)-decreased, charisma-increased angel with 2E. I will designate this kind of angel as a Leader angel. It will go to Humans fighting the Dwarves (so long as they don't live in Frederick's lands), teach them Art, form an army, and lead them to the defence of Humanity's lands. The false Humans might not win the war by themselves, after all, and they can't prevent anything. Maybe the angel can help with the horse-riding thing?

Use 7P to sow Conflict within these humans, forcing them to fight one another.
Use 8P to counter with Solidarity.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:50:31 am by Vgray »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 18, 2015, 01:29:44 am »

"Foiled. I shall do something else then."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:39:48 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 18, 2015, 01:30:34 am »

Visit the monster who stole my rifle, and begin communicating with it in a way that it will be able to understand.

Greeting mighty beast, it seems I have misunderstood you in the past, will you forgive my mistake? You have fascinating abilities, not everyone is able to steal from a god. I propose you a deal: If you give me back my rifle, I will make you stronger, smarter and more agile in return, and promise to avoid blowing you up again. I need to tell you before that angering a god is never a god idea.

If the beast gives me my rifle back, without stealing it again, use 2E to empower it, increasing it's intellect, strength, agility and regenerative abilities. Otherwise, condense 3P in a blast of pure destructive power, aimed at it's center.

Answer to prayers:

Spoiler: prayers (click to show/hide)

Create 2k Yaag in the Aag desert, near settlements and centered near the capital.
Spoiler: Yaag (click to show/hide)

Another discourse to the nation:
Hello again, I came here for two main reasons. One of them is to announce the arrival of a new species to the nation. Meet your new friend, the Yaag! They have a great intellect that will surely help progress within the nation, and I count on you to take care of them, as they are unsuited for manual labor. Their creation also mark the end of my initial creation, which will allow me to focus more on progress from now on. The second reason for my visit is about the new kingdom which has been expanding steadily. It seems that they have begun conquering some villages at our frontier. This act of unprovoked aggression must not be left unpunished. I therefore order that the aggressor must be driven out with extreme prejudice, while avoiding collateral damage whenever possible.

Tell the Aag nation to extend it's borders as it becomes feasible to defend until they reach the entire desert, with the exception of sapling and great tree territory, along with enough room to allow them to expand in the future. Land claimed by the new kingdom must be seized by force if necessary. Use 4P(don't use crux if I don't have enough) to temporarily increase the fertility of the Maag, Saag, Yaag and Lizardmen that live in the Aag nation, resulting in greatly increased birthrate.

Use 4E to enrich mount Aagius(the mountain were the capital is located) with every metals possible, exactly like last time but with essence instead of power. If it dips into my crux, do not lower me below 5C.

Patronius, would you mind doing me a very small favor? One of my merchant prayed to you, asking how to cheat the system to become richer. Would you mind telling him to move to a place were it is allowed to become richer that the others, or find a way to fix the problem without letting him cheat the system? Letting him do as he wish would set a very bad precedent in the nation, and I do not want to have to deal with the possible consequences of this.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:42:55 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 18, 2015, 01:41:54 am »

Create 7P worth of Durazni and split them between Illyria and the Rilem Regent. Illyria is to lead the defense against the human invaders. Also, use her Portal Magic offensively on the enemy army. Exploit the fact that Durazni gain all the blessings and protections of their master.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:58:37 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 18, 2015, 01:50:13 am »

Mmm, so using unwilling sacrifices appears to be skill-based, since Illyria managed it before. Interesting!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:01:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 18, 2015, 05:44:31 am »

[Skolld, god of Binding and Bone]
Possessed wolf

Binding my power in such a way has made exploration much more interesting.
Walk the lands of the humans, trying to find anyone in trouble or harms way.

((Don't limit it to sphere related problems.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 18, 2015, 08:06:16 am »

Appear before the most intelligent tribesmember and give him the task to create the caste of bookkeepers. This case is to practice the measuring arts to the extreme, as well as taking records of the needed goods of the tribe as well as the stock of goods. They are to give out missions to the Caste of the Free, so they can aid the tribe by doing specific missions.

Listen to prayers of Space Clan workers on the Grand Tower.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 18, 2015, 09:48:27 am »

Listen to prayers. Walk among the Aag nation, chatting and helping the locals with various tasks, without using my resources.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 18, 2015, 10:39:36 am »

Do actions in this order; do not dip into Crux unless it's to protect the Ringbearers from Divine Power. If they're under attack from mortal hands, let them be (except for Frederick and the Ant Ruler).

Patronius, would you mind doing me a very small favor? One of my merchant prayed to you, asking how to cheat the system to become richer. Would you mind telling him to move to a place were it is allowed to become richer that the others, or find a way to fix the problem without letting him cheat the system? Letting him do as he wish would set a very bad precedent in the nation, and I do not want to have to deal with the possible consequences of this.

"Do not worry, your old pal Patronius has a solution that will solve this one's problem without harming you...I hope. In fact, if I'm correct it should end up helping you."

Introduce the notion of Aspects to the High Church.
Spoiler: Aspects (click to show/hide)

Encourage Frederick to do as he wishes. As a mortal, he is blessed with free will. I will not stop him from taking actions, for he is a Leader - and who am I to stop him?

Watch over and protect the Ringbearers. If I notice one is under divine attack, expend all energy necessary to protect them.

Patronius prayers:
Human Tribal Leader: Ah, there is no way I can face the Great Tribe, but I don't want to give up my position of Leadership! What should I do?
Maag Trader: My Countries' economy is totally stupid! Patronius, what is the best way of getting more Things then everyone else in my nation without having to share?
Dreamborn Engineer: That Dwarf Sankis thinks he is the world's greatest engineer, eh? I will challenge him to an engineer off! Winner gets the Ring!

- "Human, it is simple...go to Frederick and swear your allegiance to him. If you solve this matter diplomatically, you will not HAVE to fight the Great Tribe and will still be allowed to rule your people; though under another's banner." If he accepts my advice, ask Frederick to accept the leader's offer.

- "You, my dear Maag, must be introduced to the idea of Capitalism...it's the ability to earn as much wealth as you desire without doing any work for it. I will teach you how." Teach the Maag about Capitalism and help him start a corporation; with any luck, it will boost the Maag economy while also granting this Maag's wish. Spend up to 2E on this.

- I will allow this duel to take place. Teleport the dreamborn and Sankis into Sankis' workshop. Take Sankis' ring and tell them that they have one week to accomplish the most impressive engineering feat that they can. The winner will not only receive the ring, he will receive a major blessing of intelligence (1E on this) and be allowed to ask any questions of me for the following week; a true dream for a scholar.

Listen to Prayers. Also; how many followers do I have? Where are they most prevalent? Where are they LEAST prevalent?

Spoiler: TO ALL GODS: (click to show/hide)

If I have enough essence to do this without dipping into Crux, craft the Ring of Empathy. It allows the user to understand the pain and feelings of any other, while also allowing them to relate to said beings (and take advantage of them if it is that type of mortal). As a side effect, it also grants the ability to heal injuries. It possesses all traits of the Rings of Patronius.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:53:36 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 18, 2015, 11:24:47 am »

Lorash prayers:
CRD: My Husband was a Portabanii who forgot I even existed...can you try to revive some of his memories!?
Ant Mage: Is it a sin to use memories for Portal Magic?
Saag Miner: If you are the God of Metals, why have you not spread metals to the races yet!?

CRD: Find the records of those Portabanii who are still alive within Divine Library. Return the memories to them.
Ant Mage: By sacrificing memories you sacrifice your own life, for can you truly say that you were alive if remember nothing of it? Yet the years you passed do not return with the passing of memories, leaving user at the end of their life with nothing to show for it. Yet it is the choice of user if they desire to trade in their life for power that portals bring. So it is not a sin, it's just as idiotic as burning your own limbs for warmth.
Saag Miner: For it would invalidate the work done by those races that have discovered metals on their own. Would it be fair if two were rewarded equally if only one worked? I placed neither barriers on searching for answers nor any restriction on trade. Separate races excel at different things; some have entirely no need for metals, so I'd recommend either trading goods for metal items or secrets for knowledge of metalcrafting.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:54:35 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 18, 2015, 12:04:43 pm »

Erm... Patronius, this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid with the merchant. I made my society in a way that allows everyone to benefit from it's work without having to fear a lack of funds in their projects. Perhaps you could show him how to improve the economy of the nation as a whole? That would technically fulfill his wish for wealth without ruining my economic model. Perhaps he could start organizing a better trade network which would benefit everyone, himself included? This would be quite close to what you proposed.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 18, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »

Erm... Patronius, this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid with the merchant. I made my society in a way that allows everyone to benefit from it's work without having to fear a lack of funds in their projects. Perhaps you could show him how to improve the economy of the nation as a whole? That would technically fulfill his wish for wealth without ruining my economic model. Perhaps he could start organizing a better trade network which would benefit everyone, himself included? This would be quite close to what you proposed.

"Capitalism benefits everyone; he simply has a different job than everyone else. While everyone else's is to work in manual labor positions, he organizes the corporation and makes the economy more efficient."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 18, 2015, 12:25:07 pm »

What is this? Comunists are rebeling because any individual is more likely to see flaws in others and their work than in himself and his? What a surprise. Yet as Aag has yet to become conquered, I would sugest Mutualism.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 18, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

Verruckt travels through the dungeon in physical form, looking for the most determined and or ambitious adventurers. He continues his search until he finds five worthy individuals upon which point he offers to train with them personally in the dungeon.

Assuming they accept, Verruckt modifies their evolution orbs so that they evolve at an even more rapid pace and begins training them.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 18, 2015, 12:36:30 pm »

What is this? Comunists are rebeling because any individual is more likely to see flaws in others and their work than in himself and his? What a surprise. Yet as Aag has yet to become conquered, I would sugest Mutualism.

Not at all. A single merchant has decided that he wanted to become richer than the others. I am currently trying to prevent him from spoiling my system for his personal gain. And to clarify, my system is not communist, it is merely inspired by it. Mutualism is not appealing to me.

Patronius, I will be forced to ban this merchant from the country or make his action illegal if you continue to push for capitalism. If you really wish to see this system in place, you are free to establish it somewhere else. I do not enjoy seeing my creation being tampered with.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 137