Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 180955 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 13: A Bit Beastly
« Reply #1185 on: June 18, 2015, 09:13:30 pm »

"My fellow gods, a Pact has been sealed. I formally join my followers with Patronius and thus join the Pantheon of the High Church."

Tell the CRDs that their state religion should now be the High Church, which includes the worship of both Patronius and Mavnon. Orcs, due to their lack of central governance, will continue with their Mavnon-only spiritualism. As part of this change, a new dedicated priesthood will be formed to administrate the new religion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 18, 2015, 09:25:38 pm »

Include Mavnon in the Pantheon of the High Church; all members and worshipers of the church will now also pay their respects to Mavnon. However, those who strictly worship Mavnon or strictly worship Patronius are still allowed in the High Church; though, a small tax must be paid in order to shirk the worship of one and still remain in the church.

Grant Illyria the Ring of Courage. As a Ringbearer, she takes on the Aspect of the Warrior with all privileges and responsibilities that come along with it. I will also watch over and protect her now, as I do all Ringbearers.

Inform Frederick of his new religiously unified neighbors. Encourage him to make an alliance with them.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:29:22 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 18, 2015, 09:28:45 pm »

Include Mavnon in the Pantheon of the High Church; all members and worshipers of the church will now also pay their respects to Mavnon. However, those who strictly worship Mavnon or strictly worship Patronius are still allowed in the High Church; though, a small tax must be paid in order to shirk the worship of one and still remain in the church.

Grant Illyria the Ring of Courage. As a Ringbearer, she takes on the Aspect of the Warrior with all privileges and responsibilities that come along with it. I will also watch over and protect her now, as I do all Ringbearers.

((Didn't you already give her that ring?))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »

((Didn't you already give her that ring?))

(( Neither of us were sure if it was actually granted (having seen no evidence that the PM was actually done), so we decided to do it in public. But yes, she should already have it. ))
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 19, 2015, 12:13:47 am »

Create 7E's worth of Dragoons and spread them. Use 5P to increase the fertility of Wisps and dragons.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 19, 2015, 01:44:35 am »

"Patronius, due to recent developments, I must back down from my conditional offer of joining your pantheon. It would simply not be in my best interests."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 19, 2015, 05:31:11 am »

Izgamlo continues to teach more random mortals a variety of magics. Nine seem to be ecstatic with a lesson from the God of Magic himself, with the tenth being slightly dissapointed and only interested in the "True Magic".
Use essence to make the tenth mortal Immortal. Tell him I haven't gotten around to releasing true magic on the universe yet but here's a blessing anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 19, 2015, 07:14:10 am »

Create a race of dog-sized, sapiant spiders, that are apt at weaving, and have the ability to weave more space into reality (1m³ per day/spider), place them at the grand tower. Their name is Aragna
Appear before the dwarves of the Grand Tower and speak:
"Do not fear these spiders, they are brothers in constructing and able to increase space. Also their silk cloth is quite spectacular. Accept them as brethren, and you will profit immensely."

Appear before Space Clan:
"Brothers, a sacred duty is upon you. To add to the tasks of conquering space, you all have the holy obligation to protect the Aragna. Beings of space, they are able to create more space which is holy in itself. If you protect them, they shall empower the entire Clan."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 19, 2015, 10:59:38 am »

Tell the Aag nation to add technocratic elements to their nation. People who prove successful shall get higher position in their field. These people who earned the highest positions will also serve as counselor to the various councils, to help them make better decision. Councils members will still be elected by the population. Tell the Yaag interested in science to begin working right away in this field. Their massive intellect will greatly boost scientific progress.

((I also slightly changed the post in which I made the Yaag to make them curious.))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:02:38 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 19, 2015, 11:03:37 am »

"...I see the Saplings as being...an ecosystem, perhaps...like a colony of bees, in which the queen and hive are one and the same....after all, if the Saplings wished to, they could probably kill the Great Trees easily....ay least compared to anything else....but why would one wish to kill their own mother...?...their own home...?...I do not know if normal concepts of culture can even be applied...."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 19, 2015, 07:03:01 pm »

<Lorash, God of Metals and Memories>

Create Golem Magic
Spoiler: Golem magic (click to show/hide)

With war going on, there should be quite a few those who lost a limb or two and were discarded by those who commanded them. Give them an offer - become a priest of Lorash and spread my faith, and in return, I would restore lost limbs and grant them knowledge of magic.
If they accept, use power to forge good quality replacement limbs from metal in the ground. Stop giving offers when my power reaches 3. Tell them that the knowledge of Golem making magic is to be kept among priests, and taught to apprentices as the last of teachings required to become a priest of Lorash. If any attempt to sell the secrets away, scramble their memories before they do.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:06:24 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 20, 2015, 01:06:14 am »

Tick 14: Cold War?

Human Revolutionary: I just found out about this injustice! I know nothing of the Clan's military yet.

The Flying City was apparently once a Not-Flying-City, until it was plucked from the ground by a powerful force and moved at high velocities somewhere. Nobody seems to have been hurt by this event, and the city seems to be continuing to fly near the other flying particles with its Sister Cities. They seem to be from different parts of the world, though most where in the path of the conquest either the New Kingdom or Clan Rilem. They seem to have enough random farms with different-colored Dirt to sustain themselves.

Space Clan Dwarf: Meditation, and other Labors related to truly understanding Space.
Musling Minstrel: That was strangely specific. Thanks!

Presumably after asking an Obelisk Watcher who knows everything I already wrote last tick regarding the Dwarven forces, Iliseth raises a military in the most literal way possible! Several thousand muscly, bald Humans shamble around. Their eyes appear completely milky white, and glowing slightly. They are given a suit of linothorax and a long spear, and as the knowledge programming enters them, enter a perfect formation and begin marching to their goals. (Iliseth -6P)

Next, the first Angel of Iliseth is created! As no description or other abilities are mentioned, it Goes to Default "Human with Cosmetic Differences". Iliseth then proceeds to beat up this weaker-then-Human with a stick, gaining the invaluable knowledge that she is stronger then a single particularly weak Immortal.

Iliseth then continues to find revolutionaries in the captured Human Tribes, organizing the rebellion.

Fedrick's ring seems to protect him from Iliseth's Soul Sense, and he seems fairly annoyed by this action.

Uztot prayers:
Maag Obelisk Watcher: So...What is up with Azem?
Lizardman Recruit: I want to join the Military, but I think I am too empathetic to kill if I need to. What should I do?
Adventurous Naiad: Ah! I wish to explore the dungeon so badly, but can not leave my pond...

Nilva Investigation: Go ahead.

Nilva can't seem to find the people from before, there seems to be no trace of them.

Nilva Prayers:
Semi-Sentient Wolf?: Bark, bark bark, howl, snarl! *tail wiggle, sit down* Soft growl?
Thirsty Nomad: That town won't us drink from the well anymore! They think we poisoned it. What else can we drink?
? ? ?: Honey, could you get wolf-milk on your way home from work? Love you, bye!

The Unnamed Massive Tower is further blessed by a new God! Teburshe grants it the ability to absorb material to help it grow faster. It proceeds to devour all the Workers jut into the sky an an even further increased rate, as well as growing inside. Most workers have now moved into their new Tower home, creating a true city. Using the new ability many add Gardens to the side, letting them farm on the tower. (Teburshe -1E)

The first underwater Sapients are born! The Great Reefs and Polyps, essentially underwater Saplings. With no real way of contacting other races, or much to find outward in the Ocean, they mostly stick around their trees and hunt Wolf-Fish for food. The water is perfected to be beneficial for Growth, which probably means keeping it clear and free of competition. (Teburshe -9E, 3P)

Iliseth commits more pointless murders! First, she finds a group of Normal Dwarves training their military, to better prevent events like the Armory Raid. While they are in position, she fires two blasts at them! First a Fireball engulfs the line, killing several of the Dwarves! Next, she soul-blasts them, killing a few more! They seemed to have about the same power. (Iliseth -2P)

A race of Orcs is created in Captured Human Territory! They proceed to develop quickly, focusing mainly on taming wildlife as ordered. They stay in place for a short time, learning from the Clan Dwarves, before moving off on their own as Nomads. (Mavnon -2E)

Lan Cao investigates the revolutionaries. First, she discovers that "Art" seems to be a Magic system focused around the use of the Soul. It seems to be a flexible and powerful system, though risky and difficult to master. She learns this while interrogating several Revolutionaries who where captured. Almost as soon as she leaves them with the military, they are freed with the other she captured. Lan Cao seems to believe a God is helping them...

Illyria is given 1000 of the existing Durazni. She continues her weapon development by having them test them out, while also advancing knowledge of Durazni-using tactics. She seems to have plans to make weapons and armor out of fallen Durazni.

The CRDs are almost insulted that you think they wouldn't know about charcoal and sulfur, somewhat disgusted about the saltpeter you told them of, and completely in awe of the steel-making granted to them. They go from having essentially no metal making to being more advance in this field then their standard Cousins instantly, and quickly begin to upgrade their militaries with this technology. (Mavnon -9E)

The CRDs believe they are using the Durazni to great effect, sending them from battle to battle as they take cities. They report they are great for the front-line, but are not very effective at putting down revolutionaries.

The Ritual Stone Squad states they can do this alone, and begin spreading what they know to the others.

((GM only actions will be resolved Via PM.))

Beast: You shoot me, then ask for the weapon you used back when I manage to take it? It was fortunate enough for me that you where distracted and underestimated me the first time! Do you think I am some kind of idiot?

Lithus/Luthus blasts the Beast with pure Energy! A duel colored burst flies toward the beast! A bluish white square of force appears from nowhere. As the Destructive energy hits it, it disperses around it like a rock in the river, leaving the Beast unharmed. (Lithus/Luthus -3P)

The Beast proceeds to make another grab for the artifacts, starting with the Ring! It grabs the ring in its tentacle and pulls quickly, removing it from the Ant's head in an instant, taking the head with it. The adventurers run away, dropping their Orbs as they do so, which the Beast then grabs as well. Not seeing the Dwarven kings, it retreats deeper into the Dungeon.

The True Ant King and the Dwarven Kings then appear behind a rock. It seems that the Fearless Dwarf Kings had made a plan, which the Ant King had performed with an unknown magic while the Beast was distracted with getting shot again. They had created a Decoy Ant and Kings, hiding away as the Beast attacked those instead. The Ring Bearer then opens a portal, returning them home once again. The Adventurers really where running in Fear, dropping their artifact as they did so.

The Yaag are created! They join the others in the Aag nation. Oddly, they don't seem to get along incredibly well with many of the other Races in the nation already, with some traction between the physically inclined and emotional Lizard Men. Despite this, they are welcomed for their mental prowess, and Huan immediately begins altering the current clothing designs to fit the new beings. (Lithus/Luthus -2E)

The Aag begin expanding! Most of the Desert is unclaimed and easily taken by the Aag. Of course, the territory seized by the New Kingdom is a different story. Though not by much (CRITICAL SUCCESS!). The Invaders are driven out with minimal casualties on the Aag side, in minimal time, with minimal collateral damage. Despite the power of the Invaders, they are still at the edge of their territory, while the Aag had advantages such as the environment on their side, and where able to make effective use of these. The Saag seem to enjoy using the new stone material to make massive clubs, often adding wooden spikes, making good use of their still-limited war technology.

Additionally, the Aag societies are granted a raised birthrate! The new race still isn't incredibly numerous, and the biggest visable increase seems to be in the Races that are already larger (Lithus/Luthus -4P)

Mount Aagius is blessed once again to be filled with metal, this time with the hope of more permanence. The Aag nations finally discover this, having used their trained diggers, and begin simple metal production. They seem to have found Copper, and have begun adding it to their weapons to fight off the invasion. (Lithus/Luthus -4E)

To face the Rebels, Mavnon creates his own army! Many shards grow out of the ground, becoming an entire army of Durazni! Tens of thousands appear, more then even the Human Horde. They are put under Illyria and the Rilem Regent, who proceed to assault the enemy position. (Mavnon -7P)

The Human and Durazni armies finally clash! The Battle takes place near the captured Human Tribal towns, in fields and farmland. The Temporary Humans march forward like a single beast, preparing their weapons fearlessly as they draw near, the Human Rebels who support them running along disorderly in comparison. On the other side, Illyria is commanding her armies using her expert knowledge of combat, with the Rilem Regent acting as a lesser officer. Their formation is, if anything, more impressive and larger, with the CRDven weapons ready. Illyria looks incredibly angry at Iliseth's latest assassination attempt of her, which may even had succeeded if she wasn't both cheap and experimental about it.

In any case, the Human Rebels take the initiative, and begin charging the enemy formation. The Human Army follows suit, dropping their spears into position as they rush forward with speeds unmatched by their more permanent cousins. Thus the battle starts, with the attack killing many more Durazni then humans. They lose this momentum quickly, however. The Durazni begin fighting back powerfully, getting into good position as they begin slaughtering the humans. The humans try to break the enemy formation, failing as the Durazni start encircling their enemies while dealing massive damage. The Human notice this, and manage to fight back enough to stop the move. The humans manage to turn the tables once again, pushing back hard on their opponents, leaving many shattered crystals on the battle field. This time they follow up on this momentum, and begin cutting through the masses of their enemy. Illyria looks even more annoyed, and opens up a portal behind the enemy lines, flanking the enemy with hundreds of Durazni. The Durazni hit hard from both sides, killing many of the remaining Humans. The few remaining Rebels at this point begin retreating, fearing being encircled! Illyria uses her magic in a different way, opening a portal on the ground and above the enemy lines, ordering Durazni to drop large rocks and other objects as if they where fired from a catapult. This is incredibly effective, scattering the fearless Temp Humans. The Durazni are winning at this point, outnumbering the remaining humans by a large margin. Illyria decides to wipe out the enemy completely, and begins once again to have her troops surround the enemy. Impressively, the Humans hold the line for a long time, losing little ground. Both sides sustain heavy casualties, whittling each other down steadily as the combatants march toward each other. Unfortunately for them, it was not to last. The Durazni finally made some expert moves, with the logistic help of Illyria, start slaughtering even more Humans as they begin surrounding him. This time, they where successful. They cut inward, killing the Humans to the last man as they attempt to take as many enemies as they can with them.

The Towns are kept under CRD control!

Mmm, so using unwilling sacrifices appears to be skill-based, since Illyria managed it before. Interesting!

((I think it is a good time to note that there is a pretty big difference between a God of Magic specifically preparing sacrifices for a certain goal VS normal magic use. You should not assume that something can be done under any conditions just because it is done once here.))

Skolld troubles:
A Human is running from the CRD towns holding a baby in her arms. Her husband was a revolutionary, and she fears that either she or the town will be punished.
In the Great Tribe, a group of Guards is searching frantically. Some POWs from a conquered tribe recently escaped, and they fear what they may do this deep in these lands.
A Hunter gets lost from his party deep into the woods. Alone, he meats a Great Beast- an absurdly massive Bolf (Bear+wolf)-that is preparing to charge him.

Stellarion orders a particularly Space Dwarf (Are...they considered a Tribe? I thought for a second that you meant a human? Action may need to be retconned) and orders him to make the Caste of Bookkeepers! He doesn't feel particularly thrilled to do something so mind-numbingly boring with his intelligence, but accepts anyway. His first missions are essentially to do all the most boring work of his job.

There seems to be few Space Clan Dwarves on the Tower, most seem to prefer to stay near the rest of their Clan in order to assist them better. Those who do participate:

Stellarion Space Clan Tower prayers:
SCD: So why was this tower started, anyway?
SCD: How can I convince the Space Clan Dwarves to help build this Tower?
SCD: Ah, we need to name this wonderful construct! What should we call it?

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Lizardmen: Why is our name so Different? Could you give our race an unofficial Aag name?
Yaag: These Lizardmen are so...illogical and emotionally driven. Isn't it better to be ruled by Logic?
Maag Council-member: I have reason to believe that someone voted dozens of times to get their favored Councilman in office. What should I do?

Lithus/Luthus then continues to chat with the Aag! This continues to be a popular event, the lines are now long enough that booths offering items and games while they wait, making a kind of festival. Several bring minor problems before Lithus/Luthus, such as the best color for uniforms, how to use metalworking technology safely, and helping to make their baby grow up big and strong.

The High Church further creates is doctrine with the Ideas of Aspects! Many Patronius followers begin to devout themselves to a single Aspect, trying to emulate it in the best way possible. Others believe that a good Leader should show all Aspects, and do their best to emulate all of them at once. Many ask which is preferred through prayer.

Frederick continues to do as he wishes. He was, after all, doing this before. He continues to be the most Pius of the Ringbearers, spreading his Great Tribe to other races, and generally running his Tribe. Currently, he has created several "Refuge Tribes", formed from those who have retreated from War, usually from the Unnamed Kingdom's conquest.

The Ringbearers continue to be watched over, with Patronius's luck in protection continuing to hold out. He notices Iliseth attempting to kidnap Illyria! He easily protects Illyria from Iliseth's clumsy attempt to knock her out, only for the Soul God to pull out a FN FNAR that she fires at the Ringbearer using Art! However, she fails to learn from the Penguin, the attack fails to harm her even without protection. (Patronius -0)

Human Tribal Leader: Is ruling under another truly ruling at all? I suppose this is my best choice. For everyone...
Maag Trader: (That is certainly an interesting way to describe Capitalism  :P) This sounds like a great system! Why don't we use it already? I will share it as much as I can!

The Engineer Duel begins! Each gathers a large supply of materials and enters their worskshop. One week later, Sankis emerges with a simple repeating crossbow that he says would work great against unarmored opponents. It fires multiple shots as a crank is turned, being based off of a different weapon, according to him. The Dreamborn emerges with a simple mechanical reaping device that cuts the ears off of grain, when pulled by wattle. He insists that it will lower the amount of labor in farming significantly, and let less farmers do more work. They each insist that their invention is best, and they decide that you would be the best judge for this contest.

Patronius questions: You seem to have one of the least amount of followers among the Active Gods, likely due mainly to the fact you have not created your own race. They are most prevalent in the Great Tribe, and least prevalent in the Unnamed Kingdom.

Patronius prayers:
?Maag??Councilman?: *Garbled Static*
Fredrick's Underling: I heard from a Obelisk Watcher that you have been declared the enemy of the Aag. Is this true?
Musling Conductor: How can I lead multiple musicians at once?

The Ring of Empathy is probably created! Considering all the bad luck past ring bearers have had, one must wonder if it is really a blessing at this point! (Patronius -4E)

CRD: Even as you return their memories to them, they are lost again immediately. They seem to be having trouble recovering memories sacrificed for magic power, even with your assistance. It is likely possible to force them back in, but you feel it is likely a little more expensive then the Average prayer is.
Ant Mage: I see. But, is it not more like eating your own leg to starve of starvation? I will caution others to avoid it, unless it is unavoidable.
Saag Miner: Is it not? That is the brotherhood on which my nation thrives! We buy metal items, but they have a monopoly on them, making them expansive. This naturally makes metalworking a well-guarded secret. I simply want to dig up the material myself!

Verruckt finds five Adventurers who appear to have potential, a mighty Human Warrior, a sneaky Maag assassin, a Dragoon pyromancer, a Dwarven Hunter, and a Dreamborn mage. Each is eager to train with you, jumping at any chance to gain strength. Their Orbs are further advanced, helping them get the most of their training. (Verruckt -2E)

Aurosseu prayers:
Musling Dreamer: Can I be granted a Dream that is nothing but Music?
Dreamborn Totem User: My family has been Spirit-callers for generations, but no new spirits have been produced! Can we get some more types Spirit Friends?
Hearthspirit: *sigh* I dream of one day walking around as the other Mortals....

Lithus/Luthus declares Patronius to be his enemy! Communications are cut off, leading many of the Patronius worshipers among the Aag nations feeling uncomfortable and confused. Many are making plans to leave the country, or finding work around such as declaring Patronius Churches foreign soil. Several Patronius followers abandon him, at least outwardly, not wanting to face the consequences.

Patronius tells this to his Ringbearers! Most meet this news with a "meh", but Fredrick is angered at this. He states that anyone who declares Patronius an enemy declares him an enemy as well, and begins preparing his nation for large-scale warfare. He sends diplomats, saying that if Patronius worship is banned in the Aag nations, not only will he ban Lithus/Luthus in the Great Tribe and work on suppressing it in friendly nations, but he will be forced to retaliate against this persecution with force of arms.

Nilva examines the miniwolves for tampering. They seem to be completely and utterly adorable, with no tampering at all. Scary-Wolf Dream seem to be on the rise on both the planet and moon for some reason...

A pantheon is formed between three members! Uztot,  Lithus/Luthus, and Iliseth. The only current definition of this pantheon is "all public actions done by members will be considered to have been done by the entire pantheon." Further rules are undefined.

Iliseth prayers:
Human Farmer: Ah, this is the life! By Iliseth, this Great Tribe is the best thing that ever happened to us!
Human Hunter: These Great Beasts must have hundreds of pounds of blood in them! What should we do with it if we kill one?
Human Artist: How can I preserve blood for use in Art?

Iliseth the cheapskate attempts to grant the few unaligned humans several abilities with a single point of essence. She teaches them how to ride domesticated Holfs (Horses+ wolf), though most of the others are either already owned or more costly then she is willing to spend. She then teaches the users how to risk their life to improve them.

The Aag are learned the knowledge of Art! It is now being researched alongside other Magics.

Frightened Teeththief: ((No, they do not appear to be anything you had created.))
Shadow Kobolds: That is a great idea! You are brilliant! We will do this right away.
Teeththief: That is a ton better then my ideas! I will share this with the others!
Human Totem Magic Practitioner: Of course. I was about one step from doing so anyway. (Lauxal -1E)

The CRDs take the High Church pantheon as their state religion! Fredrick seems to enjoy this change, and is now much friendlier with the CRDs. He now offers increased operation between the Great Tribes and Clan, willing to go as far as an alliance. The new priests seem to be doing well spreading the religion, the automatic blessings seem to attract many followers by itself.

Many thousands more Dragoons are created, and spread through the Fragments! Now with the numbers and spreading, they begin to form relationships with other nations. They seem to have a particularly good relationship with Hearth Spirits, who can be found near most settlements. (Char -7E)

Additionally, the Wisps begin to spread, and many Dragon eggs are laid. There still seems to be only a small number despite this boon to their advancement, but both races are seen as invaluable where they are used. (Char -5P)

The Tenth Mortal is granted immortality! He seems grateful, and promises to keep studying with the hope he will one day be able to use True Magic. (Izgamlo -2E)

This tick seems to be a good one to create a new race! Joining the other new comers, the Aragna are created! They begin spinning Nothing into the Grand Towers. While they insist more space is being created, it doesn't seem to effect the size of the tower. The Silk, however, is seen as valuable and is quickly sold, helping to finance the project. (Stellarion -11E)

The Aag once again change their governing system! Many skilled workers become counselors, though many disagree on how to judge the skill of certain workers, and what necessitates a "field". The Yaag who are interested are pushed towards Science and Research, which they begin to do with great gusto.

(Golem magic: What is the power for this magic? Sorry, I have to know. This will be considered to have been done on this tick. I am too tired to have it make sense anyway  :P.))

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:11:28 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 20, 2015, 01:30:45 am »

New magic?

Appear before the Ant Ringbearer as a wizened old ant. Ask him about this unknown magic he used.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:01:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 20, 2015, 01:37:04 am »

"As they say in the parlance of the haired clefts Iliseth, 'good game'. Rematch in a decade? I'm sure a far greater battle would be the result of such preparation."

Waiting for the Blood Goddess' reply, Mavnon descended to the mortal realm to deal with the consequences of victory. Illyria had shown an interest in the remains of the Durazni. She would have to ensure their collection. Perhaps some new inventions could be made, perhaps some that could help the mortals as a whole.

The Clan had shown their mettle, and more importantly, some competence. While Illyria had been the key to victory, the Dwarves had been intelligent enough to devote none of their soldiers to the battle. The rebels had lost their fighting men and the Dwarves only some automatons which would be replaced in due time. Excellent.

With the rebels dead or routed, further insurrection was unlikely. That said, preventing any more was probably for the best. Mavnon would be sure to direct some boons and laws in their favour in due time...Of course the other tribes still posed a threat...Mavnon decided to try diplomacy.

Send a Clan embassy to the Great Tribe bearing gifts to both the Divine Lieutenant and Fredrick once again proposing an alliance. Knowing Fredrick's happiness with the Clan's Conversion, this should be a formality.

For the High Church. holy days are to be dedicated to the Aspects, Gods and historical events throughout the year. Currently, the only current commemorated events are 'Dimourgia' 'Imermetrotropis' and 'Synthikis'. They celebrate the establishment of the High Church, the conversion of Clan Rilem and the alliance between the Great Tribe and Clan respectively. While all three are in the Rilemi language, their names change depending on culture.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:43:43 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 20, 2015, 02:11:34 am »

Musling Dreamer: Can I be granted a Dream that is nothing but Music?
Dreamborn Totem User: My family has been Spirit-callers for generations, but no new spirits have been produced! Can we get some more types Spirit Friends?
Hearthspirit: *sigh* I dream of one day walking around as the other Mortals....
  • Wish granted. A beautiful sonata plays and forms shapes and colours through synesthesia.
  • ((See PM.))
  • Aurosseu constructs a humanoid-shaped and -sized statue out of stone and makes a shikigami out of the Hearth Spirit.
"Lorash, that Golem Magic of yours... I'm curious whether a golem or a shikigami is more powerful in general. Should we stage a practice fight?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 137