Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 180916 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 13: A Bit Beastly
« Reply #1200 on: June 20, 2015, 02:39:30 am »

Nilva Prayers:
Semi-Sentient Wolf?: Bark, bark bark, howl, snarl! *tail wiggle, sit down* Soft growl?
Thirsty Nomad: That town won't us drink from the well anymore! They think we poisoned it. What else can we drink?
? ? ?: Honey, could you get wolf-milk on your way home from work? Love you, bye!

Semi-Sentient Wolf?: Bark, bark bark, howl, snarl! *tail wiggle, sit down* Soft growl?
Apply calming headscratches and earrubs~ Figure out what the problem is and solve it in a preferably nonlethal manner. Using at most One Power. Also interpret further things from wolves in words and feelings for convenience.

Thirsty Nomad: That town won't us drink from the well anymore! They think we poisoned it. What else can we drink?
Appear before the town and point out their logical fallacy. "Why in the Three Shards would they poison the very water they intend to drink? That makes literally no sense. I mean. Seriously. What? Have your noggins melted in the heat or something? Do you need hats to protect from heatstroke? The Aag Nation has some nice hats. Maybe you should import some?" Nilva uses 1-2 Power to make the villagers think about it logically, come to the conclusion that their likely emotionfueled nonsense is what it is. Nonsense. They will come to the conclusion that nobody would poison the water they intend to drink because it would be utterly moronic. Due to that conclusion, they will determine there is no reason not to let the nomads drink water. They are there to trade with the town after all. Why would they poison themselves and a potential trading partner?

? ? ?: Honey, could you get wolf-milk on your way home from work? Love you, bye!
"Kay~" Nilva gets the person milk~

Dreamborn Totem User: My family has been Spirit-callers for generations, but no new spirits have been produced! Can we get some more types Spirit Friends?
"I have something in the works~"

Nilva listens to moar prayers~
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 04:39:12 am by Kevak »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 20, 2015, 04:00:07 am »

Use essence to improve the general intelligence of all non-Beta Ants, trying to get them to Beta levels, hopefully removing the Beta distinction entirely.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:07:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 20, 2015, 04:38:24 am »

Alicia listens to prayers

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 20, 2015, 05:01:04 am »

Quote from: Prayers
Maag Obelisk Watcher: So...What is up with Azem?
Lizardman Recruit: I want to join the Military, but I think I am too empathetic to kill if I need to. What should I do?
Adventurous Naiad: Ah! I wish to explore the dungeon so badly, but can not leave my pond...
"There are many ways I could answer that question. What do you wish to know that you have not already read on the Obelisk?"

"Perhaps you should find a more peaceful way to serve if your gift is that strong."

All Naiads are offered the ability to no longer be bound to their watery homes and to walk on land.

Uztot appears before Frederick.

"I think perhaps we should talk."

Uztot offers Frederick a glass of Moon Nectar.

"All I ask is that you hear me out."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 20, 2015, 05:35:35 am »

(Jesus Christ that was a long update. Kudos, Stirk. Kudos.)

All the things that I do this Tick that cost Essence I'll do with Crux if I have none, unless specified otherwise.

Create the afterlife I was going to make after attacking Utther except with 7E instead of 9E. Use the pantheon discount to lower the price. It is a paradise where you can do anything you want and it takes a lot longer to get bored of doing stuff. If you get bored, you can do something else for so long you'll forget the boredom of the old thing and go back to doing that. "Dying" in the afterlife will respawn you immediately. The afterlife is called Inelisum.

I make an announcement that I have made an afterlife and I order my priests to spread the word. Primary worshippers will automatically enter it, but anyone who has Iliseth's Rings (my symbol without the cross and without the filling) drawn on their chest or equivalent with mud/paint/ash/other temporary adhesive and blessed by an Iliseth priest will go to the afterlife. This is for those whose gods didn't make an afterlife. If they've been baptised and then their god made an afterlife, they will instead go to that afterlife. Blood is not used unless requested as that would send them to Inelisum regardless of whether their god has an afterlife or not.

I tell the souls around the gods of my new afterlife. I lead those who want to go to Inelisum to it.

Next, the first Angel of Iliseth is created! As no description or other abilities are mentioned, it Goes to Default "Human with Cosmetic Differences". Iliseth then proceeds to beat up this weaker-then-Human with a stick, gaining the invaluable knowledge that she is stronger then a single particularly weak Immortal.
(I have a fairly large problem with this. Ok, so the "power-decreased" thing is only relative to other angels, i.e. the ones that cost 4E. With 1E, I can make 2k Humans. With 1E, I think I can expect whatever angel I make to still be a few times more powerful than an ordinary Human. Humans with wings, by the way.)

Iliseth then continues to find revolutionaries in the captured Human Tribes, organizing the rebellion.
(I'm guessing you mean I did this through my Leader angel rather than personally.)

Iliseth commits more pointless murders! First, she finds a group of Normal Dwarves training their military, to better prevent events like the Armory Raid. While they are in position, she fires two blasts at them! First a Fireball engulfs the line, killing several of the Dwarves! Next, she soul-blasts them, killing a few more! They seemed to have about the same power. (Iliseth -2P)
(I would've thought it extremely obvious I meant the Dwarves currently invading my lands. I'll be more specific next time.)
Bring the Dwarves back to life with Essence. Apologise profusely. Use 2P to grant their wishes. Gotta be honourable about these kinds of things.

Lan Cao investigates the revolutionaries. First, she discovers that "Art" seems to be a Magic system focused around the use of the Soul. It seems to be a flexible and powerful system, though risky and difficult to master. She learns this while interrogating several Revolutionaries who where captured. Almost as soon as she leaves them with the military, they are freed with the other she captured. Lan Cao seems to believe a God is helping them...
Spoiler: GM/Pantheon Only (click to show/hide)

-the great big battle where lots of stuff happened and my dudes were awesome despite being outnumbered-
(I don't see any mention of the Humans using Ar or the Leader employing any tactics with the revolutionaries (was meant to be a separate army from the Temps. Could've flanked and stuff.) Also, did the Leader not train the Revolutionaries? Should I be more specific next time? Did the angel manage to help develop horse-riding? That too wasn't mentioned.)

The Ringbearers continue to be watched over, with Patronius's luck in protection continuing to hold out. He notices Iliseth attempting to kidnap Illyria! He easily protects Illyria from Iliseth's clumsy attempt to knock her out, only for the Soul God to pull out a FN FNAR that she fires at the Ringbearer using Art! However, she fails to learn from the Penguin, the attack fails to harm her even without protection. (Patronius -0)
(FN FNAR? Very well. I had this in mind if you were curious. :P)

Iliseth prayers:
Human Farmer: Ah, this is the life! By Iliseth, this Great Tribe is the best thing that ever happened to us!
Human Hunter: These Great Beasts must have hundreds of pounds of blood in them! What should we do with it if we kill one?
Human Artist: How can I preserve blood for use in Art?
*interesting*
"Sacrifice some of the blood at one of my shrines. Afterwards, you may anoint yourself with the rune of the hunter with its blood as a sign of pride."
(I don't even play Bloodborne. I literally typed in "rune of the hunter" in google images and that's what came up. That the rune is written in blood is a nice bonus. :)))

Human Artist: How can I preserve blood for use in Art?
(I don't know how to do this IRL. Can I just do something like "I tell him of X ingredients that can be used to preserve blood"?)

Iliseth the cheapskate attempts to grant the few unaligned humans several abilities with a single point of essence. She teaches them how to ride domesticated Holfs (Horses+ wolf), though most of the others are either already owned or more costly then she is willing to spend. She then teaches the users how to risk their life to improve them.
(I actually created actual horses back in Tick 5. TBH I'd have been surprised if they hadn't learned to ride them on their own by now, especially since I told them to learn to do so. Can you tell me which of the technologies they already know? See the GM/Pantheon Only section above for the life-risking thing.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:57:40 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 20, 2015, 05:40:31 am »

Investigate the flying cities
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:26:59 am by Demonic Spoon »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 20, 2015, 06:46:11 am »

What is the power for this magic? Sorry, I have to know.

((Err, what do you mean what is the power?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 20, 2015, 06:55:28 am »

((What is it powered by? Is the magic powered by essence, sunlight, lifeforce, souls, gold, prayer, blood etc.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 20, 2015, 07:06:37 am »

((What is it powered by? Is the magic powered by essence, sunlight, lifeforce, souls, gold, prayer, blood etc.))
((Can't be. Ritual magic isin't actualy powered by anything, and I bet there are few other magics like that.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 20, 2015, 07:08:48 am »

((Can't be. Ritual magic isin't actualy powered by anything, and I bet there are few other magics like that.))
((Ritual Magic is powered by essence and spell components))

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 20, 2015, 07:17:36 am »

Skolld troubles:
A Human is running from the CRD towns holding a baby in her arms. Her husband was a revolutionary, and she fears that either she or the town will be punished.
In the Great Tribe, a group of Guards is searching frantically. Some POWs from a conquered tribe recently escaped, and they fear what they may do this deep in these lands.
A Hunter gets lost from his party deep into the woods. Alone, he meats a Great Beast- an absurdly massive Bolf (Bear+wolf)-that is preparing to charge him.
[Skolld, god of Binding and Bone]

Approach the running human, and speak.
"If you want to avoid punishment, I will give you the means for a choice to avoid it."
Skolld binds The human's soul to the spirit world.
"The spirits that roam the lands, they can be of great aid to you. You can share this curse with others by putting on a collar of initiation."
Skolld gives her the knowledge on how to craft the collar of initiation.
"You can use it to aid in your escape, maybe even with the others of your town. But if you are to initiate others, make sure they know the impact of it, and are willing."
Skolld leaves to check on others.

Approach the guards, and speak.
"You wish to catch the POWs? I will grant you power that will aid you."
Bind the spirits of dead Air Wolves to the guards.
"If you let the spirit change you, you'll find your senses enhanced, and capable of bending the very air to your will."
Skolld leaves to check on the last troubled.

Skolld stands behind the hunter.
"You wont survive with only what you have. I'll give you the means to defend against this creature."
Bind the spirit of a dead Earth Jaguar (or Earth Wolf) to the hunter, and with it, allow him to change so he can bend the earth to his will.
Skolld leaves the hunter.

Skolld goes to look for the water wolves.

Spoiler: Shamanism (click to show/hide)
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 20, 2015, 09:43:45 am »

Create a race of dog-sized, sapiant spiders, that are apt at weaving, and have the ability to weave more space into reality (1m³ per day/spider), place them at the grand tower. Their name is Aragna
Appear before the dwarves of the Grand Tower and speak:
"Do not fear these spiders, they are brothers in constructing and able to increase space. Also their silk cloth is quite spectacular. Accept them as brethren, and you will profit immensely."

Prayer Answers:
"The Tower was created to prove that a mortal can conquer space, by having so much of it in one building. All races can coexist happily in this High Tower of Unity"
"The Space Clan has much to offer to the tower. The knowledge of Space helps construct this building. The fearless of the tribe can climb it, and jump over gaps, carrying heavy materials to the highest locations. The Wise of the Clan can help with the planning of the entire architecture of this evergrowing tower. The Bookkeepers can structure the infrastructure and check the needs of the high tower, whilst keeping in mind that it WILL grow. This tower is the embodiement of Space conquest, therefore it is a matter of Space Clan. Now take this fine garment and these leather shoes of masterful quality and prove that you can lead the space clan to greater heights."
"I like the sound of High Tower of Unity, as the tower proves to be a symbol of helpful coexistence amongst my peers and I, also it is a High Tower. If you like this name, try spreading it. If you wish, try bringing the word of space to the population. Conquering space breaks the limit of your reality."

Visit the poor Bookkeeper, watch over his life and protect him from harm. Aid him, without his knowledge, to create situations to bring a beautiful and wise woman to his side. Aid him and his woman for the rest of their lives when they are in dire need.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 20, 2015, 12:22:32 pm »

((Ok, I think I figured out what Stirk wanted))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 20, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »

((Ok, I think I figured out what Stirk wanted))

((Actually, the others where closer  :-\. I need to know its power source, like how Portal Magic uses life force and memories to power it. If left unspecified, it will have to run on Essence, which costs more and is a good deal less effective then most other power sources.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 14:Cold War?
« Reply #1214 on: June 20, 2015, 05:19:11 pm »

"It is apparent that Iliseth is hostile to both myself, Mavnon, and our goals. She has attempted to strike at one of the Aspects and proven that she is an enemy of the High Church. While I was also going to attempt such an action, the difference is that I never CARRIED IT OUT. The mortals and her children in particular should know of her true nature.

Start spreading the Truth of Iliseth: her true nature (whether these are simply rumours/lies or truth) and many crimes against mortalkind (his attempts to get rid of Frederick and take the High Tribe for herself, attempting to kill the Aspect of the Warrior, etc.). Focus this on the High Tribe; enlist the aid of the Ringbearers in spreading this.

Let my worshipers decide for themselves how best to emulate the Leader.

"Both of these inventions are extremely useful for their own purposes...neither can truly be judged on the same scale. However, a decision is required. Though military technology is extremely useful in military matters, inventions that assist matters such as agriculture can stretch to every aspect of a civilization. It is for this reason that I have decided to name the Dreamborn the winner." Grant the ring to Dreamborn, and teleport him back to his home. If he expresses any interest in going to the Great Tribe and being revered as an Aspect (and thus granted all he desires for his research), do that instead. Spend 1E and 2P on blessing both of them.

Create 10K Aurors. If this would dip into Crux, don't perform this action. Spread them throughout the Worlds, but focus them in the Great Tribe. Tell Frederick that they are sacred.
Spoiler: Aurors (click to show/hide)

(If applicable) Grant the Ring of Empathy to the first Blessed One leader of the seven missionaries sent to the Great Tribe by Utzot.

Fredrick's Underling: I heard from a Obelisk Watcher that you have been declared the enemy of the Aag. Is this true?
Musling Conductor: How can I lead multiple musicians at once?

"This is true; a rival God is wary of knowledge that goes against his own beliefs, and has therefore banned worship of me." Answer any other questions he has of this.
Teach the Musling Conductor about orchestrated music and leading multiple musicians in unison. "This will allow you to play music more beautiful than any one Museling could play by himself."

Create a High Church Afterlife Seed. For now, it is simply a gray plane in which all who go there wander indefinately feeling content. "Mavnon, this should serve a simple purpose for now. I transfer control over the Seed to you; I am unsure how much Essence my other actions cost, but I will match any you input without pushing me into Crux."

Continue to protect the Ringbearers.

Listen to prayers.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:05:31 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 137