Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 182505 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 14:Cold War?
« Reply #1335 on: June 24, 2015, 01:07:20 am »

"I'm assuming only Church Followers are affected by that afterlife? You will meet direct opposition should that not be so."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 24, 2015, 01:09:06 am »

"Of course."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 24, 2015, 01:13:45 am »

Nilva check to ensure that only church followers are affected by the vault afterlives.

"I have to ask. What the feth is the point of the lower two vaults? They only classify with people who aren't following the church."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:20:48 am by Kevak »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 24, 2015, 01:15:17 am »

"Hey Wolf-God did you notice that I am a black genderless cube? How about building our own afterlife, one of space and wolves where all are gendered how they wish to be."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 24, 2015, 01:20:33 am »

"Because effectively all my followers already can be gendered how they wish?"

"Also you're sorta stereotyping based off spheres. Please interact first before doing such."

"I intend to aid the God of Binding in creation of a pseudoafterlife that enables spirits to take a more active affect on life soon actually."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 24, 2015, 01:21:03 am »

Nilva check to ensure that only church followers are affected by the vault afterlives.

"I have to ask. What the feth is the point of the lower two vaults? They only classify with people who aren't following the church."

"Some sinners can still have faith in their gods despite everything they've done or not done. It is the belief in the Church amongst all else that makes one a follower."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:22:37 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 24, 2015, 01:23:49 am »

"True. I don't expect them to be used very often however."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 24, 2015, 01:24:52 am »

"Sorry you all seem very alien and interesting to me. I must confess I am not the wisest communicator."

Stellarion takes the form of a squirrel and watches over space clan.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 24, 2015, 01:29:49 am »

"I dooon't think all that many of us are alien in nature. Besides that one who thinks he's a computer."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 24, 2015, 01:43:29 am »

"... oh well."

Use all my Power. Infuse the dwarven nations with a single idea: that of a perpetual motion device. Leave the Clan out of it.

I'd greatly prefer for you to not criple scientific progress of dwarven race. Cease this.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 24, 2015, 09:03:07 am »

"You have a point."

Instead, use 4 Power to infuse a tenth of the dwarven engineers with the idea for a perpetual motion device, not including the Clan.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 24, 2015, 08:06:43 pm »

"You have a point."

Instead, use 4 Power to infuse a tenth of the dwarven engineers with the idea for a perpetual motion device, not including the Clan.

Still rather interested in why you'd distract even a fraction of dwarven scientists with an impossible task. More interested in why you'd exclude Clan Rilem though.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 24, 2015, 09:00:56 pm »

"Who is to say...that it is impossible...?...magic is very real, my friend...and even if it is...then they will learn from that, as well...on a another note...Gai-gen...could I ask for your aid with something...?...I wish to create a race of machines...magnificent towers which build themselves...and it would be easier with your assistance..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 24, 2015, 09:20:29 pm »

Tick 15: No War?

Another series of Holes seems to have been ripped in reality! More Nothing is exchanged through the portal at a rate greater then even before.

Izgamlo appears before the Ant King!
Ant King: It was a Trick the Ring Told me. Neat, huh?

Fredrick naturally accepts the offer of an Alliance between the Nations, Piously making the new suggested days National Holidays. He begins discussing matters of Trade, Military, and the High Church with the Clan Leaders in his personal estate.

Musling Dreamer: Wow, this is perfect! Thanks! Why can't the real world be like this!?
Hearthspirit: Wow! Now I am almost a real boy! I had better tell Mr. Geppetto right away!

Semi-Sentient Wolf?: The Headscracthes seem to have been what he had requested, and he wags his tail happily.
(Not)Thirsty Nomad: I don't know what you did, but they are letting us drink from it now! Thank Nilva! (Nilva -2P)
? ? ?: Thanks!

Nilva Prayers:
Worried Nomad: A Wolf bit someone in the Great Tribe, and they captured it and are preparing it for execution! What should we do?
Semi-Sentient Worse: (Feelings of mild annoyance at having to drag Nomads around)
Nomadic Nomad: Is it still safe to travel through Orc Lands?

Izgamlo attempts to remove the inequality of intelligence in the Ants! A general boost seems much more difficult then granting abilities to a small section, but the gap seems to lower somewhat. The constant study of the Betas seems to keep them ahead even further, in any case. Many Normal Ants join the Beta group, gaining respect as equals. (Izgamlo -3E)

Alicia Prayers:
Musicless Ant: Oh, woe is me! We have no real instruments, musical Voices, or even good ears! Why must we Ants be without true Music?
Nighttime Human Minstrel: Ach! Those toneless Nomads keep howling all night, ruining the Music I am trying to perform in the Chiten moonlight!
Confused Townsman: OH GOD WHY ARE WE STILL FLYING WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Maag Obelisk: Is he real? Is what he says true?
Lizardman Recruit: Such as what?
Adventurous Naiad: I...can leave! I will become the Fragment's Greatest Adventurer!

Uztot grants a handful of Naiads the ability to leave their homes! Most seem content with staying in their bodies of water, with the more adventures and lonely ones accepting the new gift. This is fortunate, for removing such a large burden is rather expensive if applied to the entire race (Uztot -3E).

Frederick accepts Uztot's invitation to talk! He does, however, turn down the drink, instead offering Human-made alchol which he says he has a taste for.

(I have a fairly large problem with this. Ok, so the "power-decreased" thing is only relative to other angels, i.e. the ones that cost 4E. With 1E, I can make 2k Humans. With 1E, I think I can expect whatever angel I make to still be a few times more powerful than an ordinary Human. Humans with wings, by the way.)

((There is no "Other Angels", let alone a 4E one, to compare it to.))

(I would've thought it extremely obvious I meant the Dwarves currently invading my lands. I'll be more specific next time.)

(No Dwarves are currently invading your lands.)

Iliseth brings the pointlessly murdered Dwarves back to life! She offers to grant them wishes, but they are generally things like "DON'T KILL ME AGAIN!" and "GET AWAY YOU MONSTER!". (Iliseth -3E)

(I don't see any mention of the Humans using Ar or the Leader employing any tactics with the revolutionaries (was meant to be a separate army from the Temps. Could've flanked and stuff.) Also, did the Leader not train the Revolutionaries? Should I be more specific next time? Did the angel manage to help develop horse-riding? That too wasn't mentioned.)

((The Humans do not have Assault Rifles, which is why they didn't use any. The Revolutionaries where more or less poorly trained equivalent to conscripts who can't do much in the way of tactics, and had a difficult enough time just standing there and stabbing things.))

(FN FNAR? Very well. I had this in mind if you were curious. :P)

((If it isn't stated, I get license to do whatever I want~. Your little Helsing gun wouldn't have been much different.))

Human Hunter:Hmmm, this seems to be a good use of it! Thanks!
Human Artist: X ingredients? I will try this, I do not know if we have those kind of resources...

(I actually created actual horses back in Tick 5. TBH I'd have been surprised if they hadn't learned to ride them on their own by now, especially since I told them to learn to do so. Can you tell me which of the technologies they already know? See the GM/Pantheon Only section above for the life-risking thing.)

The majority of normal Horses have been devoured by the wolf-based wildlife. The Humans gave up on your orders long ago. Horses are now an endangered species, living in small groups on the planes where they struggle not to be devoured by megawolves, Great Wolves, and wolfers. There seems to be no real large-scale taming done. Worses seem to have had a much better time surviving in this world, on top of being less afraid of literally every animal in existence, harder to spook, and more loyal then regular horses, making them the preferred choice for domestication for most of the world.

Izgamlo investigates the flying city! It seems to be near the other flying fragments, being held up by the same forces. The Alicia-born seem to be capable of living on it, and trade has begun with the Muslings who inhabit nearby.

Skolld creates Shamanism! This might be more expensive then he thought (Skolld -7E)

The Human Woman accepts the gift gladly, using the form changing abilities to disguise herself as she retreats. She places her child in a far away land, before returning to help her allies and accomplices escape with the same transformations.

The Guards also enjoy the gift, beginning to sniff at the air for the traces of their prey's scent. They locate the POWs easily with the new ability, putting the shackles to them once again.

The hunter feels he has no choice but to accept, and immediately uses the ability to retreat underground, away from the Beast's assault. He feels the Pain as the beast attacks, and vows revenge against it.

Skolld then tracks down the water wolves! Like the Earth wolves, most seem to avoid the other creatures. This is made much easier by their ability to go deep in the Oceans, where nothing is near to harm them. A large minority lives much closer to civilizations, often taking residence in water inhabited and thus protected by a Naiad.

((Race already made))

Tower question: Well, what is Space then?
Clan Question: I see, I will try using these arguments then.
Tower Name question: High Tower? A little on the nose, don't you think?

The Bookkeeper has a woman brought in as an assistant! They begin to form a relationship. The Book keeping job seems to have brought him a good amount of esteem among the Space Clan, who perform his missions with great gusto. He doesn't seem to leave his home often, and has no real problems at the moment, but his God keeps a watchful eye.

The Mortals are left to decide for themselves whether to devote themselves to one aspect or multiple. The two ideologies spread throughout the High Church, becoming a popular theological debate among those who hold the Aspects in esteem.

The Dreamborn is declared the winner, and given the ring! Sankis doesn't seem to be happy about this. He tracks the Dreamborn to his home, knocking on the door with the crossbow he made on his back. Sankis then points the weapon at the Dreamborn's head, stating that while Agriculture tools may be useful in some cases, the man with a weapon can always take from the man without one. Is he behaving differently from normal? (Patronius -1E, 2P)

Patronius then continues to make a new race, the Sacred Aurors! They are quickly accepted into the Great Tribe, though many seem to want to make their own land where they can be the leader. Fredrick declares the day that they are created a Holy Day, and asks that Aurors be celebrated on this day. (Patronius  -8E)

I really have to check if the Ring Of Empathy was made later, but if it was, it was granted to a mortal! If they exist, they proceed to look at it questionably, seeming to be empathetic to the ring.

Fredrick's Underling: Oh, not good. Now that this is confirmed, how should we respond?
Musling Conductor: Thank you! I am off to make a choir, a band, and a choirband!

The afterlife seed is created! As it has no essence in it yet, it is just a thought seed that doesn't physically exist.

The Ringbearers all seem safe, except the Dreamborn who has a crossbow to the head. What do you want to do about that?

Patronius prayers:
Shadow Kabold: Does controlling someone like a puppet count as Leading them?
Ant: Is it better to have one strong Leader, or many weaker ones?
Human Tribesman: Why do those Nomads have so many weird animals with them?

Uztot finds his high priests! They all seem to feel the disappointment of the other races he had created that where not chosen, and the excitement in each other. They are the sent to the Great Tribe, where they are more or less welcomed.

Iliseth attempts to make an Angel for cheap and fails. This negates the ITH actions, unless she did that herself.

Lizardmen/Kaag: Kaag, I like it! I will spread this around the others, so we may be true members of the Aag!
Yaag: If these gifts where so useful, why has Empathy been lowered for us? You had not made the Maag stupid, nor the Kaag weakness. Why must we have the negative ability?
Maag Council-member: So long as we continue improving our Wonderful system, I will be happy.

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Human Revolutionary: We have taken a huge blow with that last battle! How can we recuperate this loss?
Kaag Dissector: Who is that new fellow you brought in that we aren't allowed to get near?
Outskirt Maag: My Lord! The New Kingdom is advancing on our lands once again!

The Aag nation once again changes its policies! They begin producing paper for record keeping purposes, and giving out identification to the citizens.

Lithus/Luthus once again chats with his people! The festivities happen once again, with the Councilpersons taking advantage of the situation to give out IDs to those waiting in line. Lithus/Luthus then appears in smaller towns, this time without the masses appearing. The few who chat seem to do so for longer and on a more personal level, though they don't expect the visits.

New Kingdom King:
Peace? There will be no peace. You are a being whose only goal is your own amusement. The Aag nation was made by you to worship you and fight for you. I will free them from you. Do all you want, but a god is simply a demon with a pretty face.

The Aag nation then continue to prepare for War! Fortresses are built and maintained. The lack of resources needed to feed and water the Maag makes it much easier to create self-sustaining fortresses, though they are having difficulties building and arming them all.

Fredrick is undaunted by Lithus/Luthus's impressive appearance, though his guards look shaken. (c -1P)
Fredrick: So, you say that we would miss out on not worshiping you, yet you do not fear your entire nation falling apart from lack of leadership? My Great God allows us to easily advance without you! We have venerated Aspects that are completely independent from you, we will lose nothing. You, on the other hand, have nothing to replace Patronius's guiding hand! I will show you how quickly a good Leader can tear apart a poor nation!

The Aag nation is then given the obviose intelligence of their enemies. They seem to know most of it, but begin making plans based on your more perfect version.

((Alright then. Golem magic will be powered by direct contact with fire.  Puting a Golem magic marked metal in fire will not heat it, but instead charge the engravings within the metal. An hour of charging would be enough to serve for a day, max ammount of charge would hold for two weeks. The limbs are suposed to be detachable.))

((Alright, that will work. Very interesting power source.))

Uztot tags along with Lithus/Luthu's usual visit! There seems to be a much smaller group visiting him, with most going to the God of Progress before visiting him. He seems to be popular among the Hearth Spirits who can't visit him themselves.

The Immortal Ant now knows divine art!

The Saag now have their protective instincts spread to protect the other Aag nations! The races are then blessed, but it does not seem to have a very noticeable effect on any of hte Races that had been blessed. (Lithus/Luthus -4E)

New Leader:
You have not earned the right to know my name. I serve no one, I came to power through my own strength, and my goals are simple. The gods are callous and selfish. Whole races have been created solely to worship you, fight for you, to be your entertainment. You are parasites on your own creations, and I will free my fellow mortals from your grip.

All hostile actions toward Iliseth this tick have been canceled.

((Acknowledged. I may or may not have missed some, since I work from last tick down.))

Frederick reluctantly withdraws all his hostility, returning the relations between the Nations to normal. The military still seem to be expanding, just in case...

The Chitin Moon is finally linked to the Planet! Many beta ants begin coming down to investigate. The King himself makes an appearance. Most seem to be confused by the sheer size of the other Races, as well as being in awe of all the resources. The Beta ants begin taking in the scientific knowledge collected by the Aag, advancing them swiftly. (Lithus/Luthus -5E)

Teburshe continues to plant things and mess up weather/weather analogue. The territories of the Saplings continue to grow, becoming a fair sized nation. (Teburshe -6P)

Rifle Stealing beast:
(For the record, it seems to understand Godly language just fine)
Once again, you threaten me, while asking me to arm you further? You might as well be mugging the Blacksmith! I refuse to give a brute like you a weapon that he would no doubt shoot at me once again. Besides, as you can see, I do not have it on me. If you kill me, you will never get it back.

A new, large pantheon is created! It seems to be called the Elemental Council, for now.

The church of Lithus/Luthus begins giving charity to a certain subset of people. In addition, they start a contest, promising rewards to promising inventors. Money doesn't seem to have been invented yet, however. Clan Rilem and the Great Tribe seem to welcome these events as orders of the High Church, making the events well attended by representatives of multiple races and nations.

The Academy of Stones is opened! It seems to be a popular stop by the Dwarves and Great Tribe Humans, who join happily to bring knowledge back to the their homeland.

Next, the Adventurer's Guild is set up! It proceeds to make a small fortune in trafficking Evolution Orbs from the Dungeon to the fragments, making it simple to expand further. Many adventurous individuals now partake of the Fountain before simply traveling around, as a simple Traveler's boon. Some nations don't seem to welcome the Adventurer's Guild nearly as well though...

The Orcish Nomads happily begin raiding anything they can find poorly defended outside of civilizations. Naturally, they become the enemies of many races quickly. Ironically, many Adventurers end up as the targets of Orcs, having valuables without a lot of visible protection.

The CRDs don't seem to value the gold, silver, or jewels. They don't seem to have a monetary system, even the literal tons offered by the Soul Goddes do not attract them as much as expected (Iliseth -2E)

Lan Cao determines that the independent countries doesn't seem to have participated with the Rebels, and owe no loyalty to the Tribes that had been captured.

Several Rebels are captured under Mavnon's orders, though most seem to prepare to fight to the death if given any option. The Rebels get better at hiding as more are driven out, though many seem to retreat due to the help of a certain Shaman...

Many Artists are captured! They seem to be loyal to Iliseth for the most part, and are currently being studied.

The Dwarves seem to be broken into many Kingdoms and fiefs. The largest are those of the Crownbearers, who seem to be popular rulers. All the Dwarven nation work together as one for the most part, working hard to keep the monopolies they can manage and their technological edge. While the borders are there, they are freely crossed with little law changes from one to the other.

The Dwarves still seem to be well ahead of the other Nations in terms of technology, except for several key items that other nations have advanced on them. They had discovered Iron long ago, but do not use it, feeling that it is inferior to their Bronze which they continue to develop.

The Priests of Lorash are given new orders, and begin creating Golem Forges in all temples as they begin replacing lost limbs with golem parts. This seems to be working well, and making them popular with the local peoples.

The Leader Angel is sent to the Great Tribe, where it spreads Art. Fredrick seems to be keeping a close eye on it, prepared to act if anything odd happens.

Orders have been given to capture Orcs! They seem to avoid the slower-moving armies of the Aag, attacking only lightly armed enemies and leaving before a proper retaliation can be given. The numerous forts keep them from piercing too far, but once again the frontier seems to be an unfortunate target.

A series of Academies are created! A sort of rivalry begins between the different schools, trying to out do each other with their given sphere.

Some Yaag are given a fey mood, and begin inventing Iron and Steel! They are successful, and begin upgrading their equipment with this new weaponry. The technology of steel, or other simple metal working, seems to be spreading to many other races at this point. (Lithus/Lutus -4E)

Alicia grants a young Musician Mage an enchanted instrument! She seems to have been a Human mage who plays the clarinet as a hobby. She thanks you, and begins easily advancing in the Academy, becoming one of the most skilled mages while researching the abilities of this rare form of magic. (Alicia -1E)

Verruckt continues training the Mortal adventures! They each seem amazingly skilled at this point. While they are grateful for all the training they have been given, their adventurous souls burn for exploration! They each seem ready to take on whatever challenge lies before them, and are very eager to do something other than training.

Important secret action that only works this turn.

I didn't get a PM about this, what do you want  :-\?

Iliseth then orders her priests to wear an enchanted symbol that lets her access their powers! Interesting turnabout, eh? She then begins abusing this to fire a pointless blast at a mountain. It seems to be fairly small and weak.

Rilem missionaries begin going into the Dwarven lands and spreading their religion! They seem to be welcome in some areas, while unwelcome in others.

There seems to be little religious Friction among the Dwarves, with many already worshiping the God of Conflict before this.

GM only actions are solved through PM.

The Aag are finally told the cultural exchange will take place! Plans are made to do this in the near future.

Char creates more whisps! They join with the others, now filling up many of his churches (Char -5E)

Izgamlo trains his Power! This seems to be incredibly effective. (Izgamlo -4P)

Nilva bothers Writhes with random cubes! They seem to investigate these cubes with great curiosity, poking and prodding them before they vanish (Nilva -4P)

The High Heavens seed is planted! Many pledge an uncertain amount of essence to it. The results will probably have to wait until I can get the darned Income done.

Stellarion watches the space clan in the form of a small animal! Most seem to be practicing the orders that they have been given, boringly spending much of the day doing things such as meditating. Each seem to be detracted by this unique and non-wolf based animal as he appears. Some appear to be researching the spiders as they spin space.

Many Dwarves turn away from their other projects to work on a perpetual motion machine! After many attempts using mundane machines, they decide this is impossible with known physics. Many decide to attempt it with magic. The best current attempt seems to be an incredibly simple set up, one small permanent portal is put directly above another one. A rock is then dropped into the portal, falling what is effectively forever. They know that even this is a failure, as the stone will wither away in time (Gai-Gen -4P).

(DOOONE! Gawds, this takes forever. I hope I didn't miss anything sent in the PMs)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 06:31:43 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 24, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »

(DOOONE! Gawds, this takes forever. I hope I didn't miss anything)
(You did. You missed a pretty major thing here. First real paragraph, paragraph after that, and the sentence after that. I mentioned the edit here. Fourth sentence in the spoiler.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:33:12 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 137