Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185815 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 15:No War?
« Reply #1395 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:44 pm »

"Without the permission of the races or their creators, you afflicted many of them with endless nightmares. You have no right to complain when a god merely looks at one of your own races."
"Hypocrisy...is not proof of being incorrect...moreover...she stopped..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 25, 2015, 11:19:50 pm »

"Unless I am given a good reason why I shouldn't be allowed to see what a race looks like, I will continue my actions."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 26, 2015, 09:12:03 am »

"I must say, if this grand Nation continues to spread so parasitically without regarding the many tribes and nations it succumbs, I shall put a hold to it. I do not like the sight of bloodshed, and am apt to create gaping spaces of despair for the armies about to fight. You better find a solution to this violence quickly, or I shall gather my friends and stop it."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 26, 2015, 10:19:20 am »

"I must say, if this grand Nation continues to spread so parasitically without regarding the many tribes and nations it succumbs, I shall put a hold to it. I do not like the sight of bloodshed, and am apt to create gaping spaces of despair for the armies about to fight. You better find a solution to this violence quickly, or I shall gather my friends and stop it."

I will do my best to end this peacefully. Systematic extermination will do us no good, and only prove them right. This is not the time for violence, this kind of revolt is only empowered by it. Believe me, this is my domain and I know how to deal with this. In the meantime, I ask anyone who might know something about them to reveal what they know, in secret if you feel the need for it. I do not care about how you learned it.

Illiseth, I must admit I have some sympathy with Lauxal's cause. Even though I do not understand this insistence with secrecy, I understand her wish to avoid outside intervention, for the same reasons I had a conflict with Patronius.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 26, 2015, 10:26:03 am »

"Nobody was speaking about extermination, I have much more cruel forms of punishments for this fledgling nation in stock. Say I would take away their ability to communicate, or perhaps I shall curse the soil of the nation, or maybe I shall turn all maidens into ugly beasts, or I could easily copy the king a thousand times, each with a different view on how to run politics, all claiming to be the one true king. I could sow distrust amongst the brethren, leading to revolution. I could bring a plague of ancient Megawolves upon them. I could build a beautiful lever adorned with bands of granite for them to pull, revealing to them that it was connected to a volcano next to their capital city. Or I could simply erase their minds. All of the mentioned above are only a fracture of my ideas, and I believe I would find the most fitting ways to deal with this problem. 

I would be pleased to do so, but I would be pleased even more if that nation was able to keep itself at bay without conquering the entire world."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 26, 2015, 11:09:26 am »

"Nobody was speaking about extermination, I have much more cruel forms of punishments for this fledgling nation in stock. Say I would take away their ability to communicate, or perhaps I shall curse the soil of the nation, or maybe I shall turn all maidens into ugly beasts, or I could easily copy the king a thousand times, each with a different view on how to run politics, all claiming to be the one true king. I could sow distrust amongst the brethren, leading to revolution. I could bring a plague of ancient Megawolves upon them. I could build a beautiful lever adorned with bands of granite for them to pull, revealing to them that it was connected to a volcano next to their capital city. Or I could simply erase their minds. All of the mentioned above are only a fracture of my ideas, and I believe I would find the most fitting ways to deal with this problem. 

I would be pleased to do so, but I would be pleased even more if that nation was able to keep itself at bay without conquering the entire world."

I... Did not know you were the kind of person to be willing to commit such atrocities...
Regardless, this will end up with the same results, and possibly even worse. By doing so you would only prove their claim that gods are callous, inciting further revolts against all of us. I would also take it as a moral obligation to join them against you, if this is what it takes to convince you not to do so.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »

Illiseth, I must admit I have some sympathy with Lauxal's cause. Even though I do not understand this insistence with secrecy, I understand her wish to avoid outside intervention, for the same reasons I had a conflict with Patronius.
"You are confusing intervention with observation, Lithus. Unless I am given a good reason, such as "doing so would kill them" or "doing so would uncover my secrets, lowering my standing among others" or some such, I will continue."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 26, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »

"In the past. Your observing of races has caused them to cease doing things until you stopped looking at them. Something about an Aura of Creepyness being directed at them."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 26, 2015, 05:13:08 pm »

"Races can tell when I use soul sense on them. Lauxal's creations will know I am looking at their souls."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 26, 2015, 05:16:18 pm »

"Let's say you're a mortal. Mortal's tend to bathe in private. Suddenly they feel the eyes of something big and creepy and ethereal staring at their naked body. Replace body with soul. Now you get the issue. It's Creepy."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 26, 2015, 05:27:32 pm »

"That is not at all what it is like. A closer analogy is looking at city lights from above, with the souls of different species being different coloured lights."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 26, 2015, 05:32:13 pm »

"Then why did multiple mortals cease reproduction, action in general, and get weirded out when you stared at them in the past? It's creepy. You'll get the same reaction this time."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 26, 2015, 05:35:13 pm »

"I was watching the Elysium creatures perform soul-fusion in specific detail. That soul-fusion unfortunately only occurs during mating is what created the awkwardness."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:11 pm »

"Those creatures weren't even Sapient. They shouldn't even Have a concept of creepy. Not to mention sapient mortals reported you being creepy to their gods via prayer in other incidents."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:01 pm »

"There are many souls around us that have yet to go to an afterlife. Is it creepy to be able to see them or can we only be blind to them?"
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 137