Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Death to the false emperor, IT'S ALIVE!! (40k)  (Read 56191 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the false emperor, Sector control complete! (warhammer40k SG)
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2015, 04:06:55 pm »

That's C) A well ordered and equipped force and B) Build war machines of the normal types.?
i miss typed the list.

Yes.

I say we also build some defenses on strategic points and be prepared for what is to come next.

Bunker Fortresses are notoriously difficult to take. Especially when theirs Space lasers keeping orbital ships from hitting them and atmospheric interceptors/AA catching bombers.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2015, 08:22:14 pm »

That's C) A well ordered and equipped force and B) Build war machines of the normal types.?
i miss typed the list.

Yes.

I say we also build some defenses on strategic points and be prepared for what is to come next.

Bunker Fortresses are notoriously difficult to take. Especially when theirs Space lasers keeping orbital ships from hitting them and atmospheric interceptors/AA catching bombers.
hmm bunker forts with a a series of underground tunnels with hidden entrances to allow for better ambushes; and if they get invaded we will have charges set up to collapse certain sections.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2015, 11:16:17 pm »

i miss typed the list.

Yes.

hmm bunker forts with a a series of underground tunnels with hidden entrances to allow for better ambushes; and if they get invaded we will have charges set up to collapse certain sections.

Work soon start on a net work forts linked together by underground tunnels.
The years pass slowly as the eight pointed star of chaos rises on Ioumia IX, your nine bunkers riseing to sky.
Each of the bunkers is a massive fortress of plasteel and ceramite, built to house thousands against the worse the Imperium can throw at it.

Outfitted with a mix of super-heavy defence lasers, macro cannons and orbital missile battery's there ready to fight off any armada.
Under the cover of void shields, the heavy mining equipment from Stapus V is put work digging in to the rock of Ioumia IX.

A warren of deep tunnels criss-cross from bunker to bunker, there dark maze like depths conceal endless traps and hidden routes.

The weapon forges of X work night and day to equip your army, as there trained them in to disciplined fighting force.
Your army is well equipped with suits of heavy carapace armour and las weapons, they should be equal to any of the Imperium regular forces.

After 3 long years of controlling Ioumia IX for you governor Leutke van der Tarasova passes away in his sleep and the governorship is passed on to his granddaughter Yuliya van der Tarasova.

Another two years pass until finally the imperial tithe is due...

---------
Your loungeing the Throne room, idly enjoying a company of young man on your throne when
Yuliya enters the room followed by a grey haired man.

"You've come to demand why we haven't got the emperor ready haven't you?
Mary tell this bothersome little man why were not paying, he irritates me to much."Yuliya

You let your throne carry you up to the clerk general.
His eye open wide as the wiggling mass of naked contortionists carry's you up to him.

You look him in the eye and slide out your long leach tipped tongue.
"This system is mine now, it belongs to me!
I am Bloody Mary and Ioumia IX belongings to me and the dark gods!.
Now you can knee before me or return to your master like the dog you are.
Go back to your masters dog, be gone."

The man scurry's away as Kastor stand up knocking his chess game to the floor
"The die is cast.
We will make a stand and bait the trap with spikes." his voice fills the hall as long standing plans start to become reality.
The next few weeks are marked by nothing as you wait scanning the heavens for any sign of attack.
For a month things are quiet, too quiet...

Slowly far out beyond your guns range a fleet of war ships exits the warp, perhaps they hoped to hide there approach.

But what use is such stealth against one that eye can gaze in to the warp?
Your orbital cannons are ready for them, and you shells hammer home, punching the plasma drives of the lead ship crippling it.
A missile hit the second ship, blasting it in half with an atomic fire ball.

After your ambush the first battle starts, a slow at almost glacial duel as the warships work there way slowly down to the planets surface.

With your forces concentrated the imperial forces have an easy time landing on the other side of the planet.
Slowly they march towards your fortress, some 350,000 men with thousands of tanks and guns.

Standing out in the open against your artillery there first attack is repulsed with heavy losses.

The Fortress is soon surrounded by imperial forces as they start to dig in for a siege.
Striking from the hidden tunnels you extract a heavy toll as the days turn in to months.

Time passes slowly as the months tick by until the next attack...

-------------

The roar of bolter fire shocks you awake.
You leap from your bed, drawing your pistol as you rush towards the main void shield generator and sounds of fighting.

As you enter the generator room, a space marine in blue and red armour jumps down from the walkway above.

Faster than you he strikes, driving his sword hilt deep in to your chest.
Blood drips from the wound as you kick him, your claws slicing his leg away from his hip.
Looking up at the catwalk you can see a dozen marines crowding a control box.

Shouting Hermine rushs on to the catwalk, like a human bull she chargers at the massed marines knocking them to the ground.
Bolter shell glance off her mechanical body has she grabs the fallen marines and hurls one by one them down in to the generator shaft.

A thud echoes from the shaft bore the control box explodes filling the room with smoke and broken metal.

When your ears stop ringing it dawns on to that was the main control box for you void shields, now there stuck on stopping your guns from fireing.

The second attack is larger and longer, a rolling artillery barrage covers the advance and without your heavy guns, there massed ranks over whelm the fortress walls.

The fighting moves in to the tunnels, in that dark maize of false ends and hidden doors, the Harlots of Sin are waiting.

In a week of bloody tunnel fighting your slowly pushed back deeper and deeper in side your fortress.

It's sixteen days since you least looked at the surface when Rachele rushes over to you
"He's here! Him! Maria! The inquisitor!
Here listen to this." Rachele thrust the receiver at you

"I repeat this is Inquisitor Gunthrop Delveechio, I am personally taking command of this campaign.
All unit are ordered to hold there positions until informed other wise."

It's him! you have no doubt.

Now all you have to do is decide how your going to get to him.
--------------------

A) Teleporter
Your fortunate and have a "working" teleporter, it could send a small strike team of no more than a dozen straight up to the inquisitor's ship.

B) Thunderhawk
Ragnar's Thunderhawk is both small and fast enough to reach the inquisitors ship.
You could take a force of up to 30 with you.
--------------------

Spoiler: Chaos Space Marines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Haakinson Forces (click to show/hide)

----------------------
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the false emperor, The Final Assault (warhammer40k SG)
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2015, 12:22:25 am »

teleporter
let's take yuliya, kastor, us,hermine, and 2 space marines.
the ground force will try and clear us a path and damage their force.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2015, 06:57:39 pm »

teleporter

+1 Bring our best equipment.

While on the ship stay as stealthy as possible to catch in the inquisitor off guard. The way things are going were going to forcefully convert..nah just kill him. Teleport in and kill everyone whilst we have Hermine take control of the controls. Then accidentally crashland somewhere within the fortress.

Also send a request of aid to Abbadon the Despoiler. We'll join his legions if he helps us hold these planets and promise to take on whatever missions he sees fit. Even the Suacidal kinds.

The Inquisitor dies no matter what..

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2015, 03:18:08 pm »

teleporter

While on the ship stay as stealthy as possible to catch in the inquisitor off guard. The way things are going were going to forcefully convert..nah just kill him. Teleport in and kill everyone whilst we have Hermine take control of the controls. Then accidentally crashland somewhere within the fortress.

Also send a request of aid to Abbadon the Despoiler. We'll join his legions if he helps us hold these planets and promise to take on whatever missions he sees fit. Even the Suacidal kinds.

We should target the reactor if anything. So fight our way to the reactor by going through by routs and the unused space in the ship. Once there we throw multiple krak and frag grenades into it before we go towards the bridge and from there to secure a ship to flee to safety.

also poke
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2015, 03:49:40 pm »

also poke
Close's DF and restarts the up date.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the false emperor, Beyond Mortality (warhammer40k SG)
« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »

teleporter

------------

Before you head to the Teleporter, you visit the astropath's chambers.
There sat in the centre of the room slowly rocking back and forth.

He takes a bow as you enter the smoky room.

"Mistress Mary, I have a message for you."

"Well lets hear it, and remember if you lie i'll eat your tongue."
The astropath nods and the incense smoke starts to thickens and coils it self to a form.

Now stareing out from the smoke is a horned face.

"You call for my master, you a woman yet a man, a lover yet a fighter.
Well "Bloody Mary" or should that be Maria Dominica, you have long petitioned my master so tell me.
Why shroud he come to add you and your fallen sisters?"
What do you offer him? come closer, the mind massager need no know, just you i and my master..."
You start to whisper in the demons ear...

------------

The teleporter chamber is a vast carven of arcane machines that buzz with power as a maze of twisted pipe cable glows with a shifting light.

Yuliya stands at the centre on a raised platform under a dome of wires.

"What's the matter with you, K you look nervous." Hermine asks her voice muffled by face covering respirator.

"I don't like teleporters, never have there just too dangerous to risk.

I've seen them fail, men, women and animals, they where all fused in to one "creature", a bag of mismatched tissue and twisted limbs.
Lucius was still in there, as he spent the next 3 days going mad as the medics tried to cut the the rest of gamma squadron from him.
I guess he was one of the lucky ones, at least he wasn't eaten by demons or possessed."

"You want to stay here and get blown to pieces?" you ask him as the walls quake a little.
He shakes his head as you enter the teleporter platform and the count down starts.
The humming grows louder as air starts to wobble, time starts to gets slippery and your hair floats as the gravity fades.

--------------------

With a flash of pain you materialize, back in reality.
Your ears ring and spots flicker across your eyes as your numb limbs tingle.

Then as the ozone fades and it hits you, the old smell it's the unmistakable reek of a space craft, a mix state of sweat, old farts and worse.

You stick close to each other as you head towards the grand cabins, keeping out of sight in disused crawl spaces and pipes.

As you wade thru waste high pool of sticky human filth, you hear voices.
A patrol!
You lower your self in to the pool of human detritus as they approach.

Slowly the guards men walk past your hideing place, until till suddenly a boot slides off your helmet.
The guards man land on top of you with a splash.
You pounce on him wrestling his head down under the slime.

Hermine erupts from the filth, a monster of livening metal, she leaps at the patrol.
With iron talons and monstrous strength she tears in to the guardsmen

You smash the guard man skull down in the floor and finally rise in time you see, Ragnar throw his dagger in the leaders patrol throat.

With the patrol dealt with you issue some orders before you all split up.

"Hermine, you and Ragnar take the marines and get  control of the ship.
Kastor you get to the transport deck we may need another way out.
Yuliya give us a distraction.
I'll deal with this Inquisitor.."
----------

You pull the iron bars of the vent cover apart and slip down in to the hallway.
The Inquisitor's cabin doors have a pair of ornate inquisition rosette's on them, nice of them to make finding him easily.

You push open the door to find Inquisitor Gunthrop Delveechio sat at his desk ans awaiting for you.

"I know you, you where the bed warmer of that traitorous bitch Jeni van Herpes." Gunthrop's barely even looks up from his paper work.

"Van Heppel! Get up!" you roar at him as you draw your sword.

"Oh so i was right!
And now, you've come here to tell me you want vengeance for her?" Gunthrop voice is calm as put his pen down.

"You killed Jeni and that day you ripped out my heart!
Now there is only the darkness left behind.
I will rip yours out and offer it to my gods!". You fight to keep your rage under control

You summon up your magic, letting chaos fill you with it's black power.
Gunthrop backs away, stumbling on his chair.
"I can see the fear in your eyes, you know the powers i command,
You've have heard them whisper in the night, offering this power to you.
But you where to weak, blinded by the dogma of corpse."

"You mock the Emperor of Mankind!
Taste my steel chaos whore!" finally he draws his sword.

Griped with rage you swing wildly at him smashing aside his guard and forcing him in to the conner.
You run him through, driving your blade deep in to his chest.

As you pull your swords from his chest, his weapon darts out, slicing at your hand.
Pain grips you as your thumb and swords fall to the ground.

He spits out a mouth full of blood and kicks your swords across the room.

As he advances you lash out with a burst psychic energy that arcs from your hand, like rippling thunder.
Energy courses around his head making it swelling and bubble until with a bang it explodes, tearing apart his skull and spattering the room with flying chunks of meat.

As you stand over Inquisitor Gunthrop headless body, you can feel the eyes of chaos god turn to you.
The gods are decided what shall be your fate, your services to chaos are weighted in the balance against eternal spawndom.

Suddenly the great hands of chaos lifts you up as the last treads holding you down to the mortal plane fade away.

You start grow taller and more imposing as your body swells, a pair of twisting horns sprout form your head.
Your damaged eye is resorted as they start blaze with power as you embrace demon hood.
As the power of demon hood power fills, you start to feel your self getting pulled away in to the warp.

By the force of your will you push back against the force, trying to dig your fingers in reality.
If your going to remain in reality you have to find body to inhabit, some kind vessel for your new demon self.

---------------------------------------

Doing this up date has reminded me why i stopped actually rolling for Hermine's fights, she just a monster in close combat, anything she hit gets no save so it automatically dead
I mean i edited Maria's fight so she didn't just kill the Inquisitor with one spell straight off.
-------------

Spoiler: Chaos Space Marines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Haakinson Forces (click to show/hide)

----------------------

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 08, 2015, 05:18:12 pm »

Our army of executioners look to still have quite a few troops left. We can just use one of their bodies or if not enough time demand that one of guards on the ship be taken to  you for possession.

EDIT: Wait is this the end or will we continue?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:53:53 pm by 3man75 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2015, 07:33:29 pm »

Our army of executioners look to still have quite a few troops left. We can just use one of their bodies or if not enough time demand that one of guards on the ship be taken to  you for possession.

+1
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2015, 01:12:11 am »

I considered having this be the end but i'm more than willing to continue if you are.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2015, 05:12:00 pm »

Sure i'm in.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2015, 05:19:46 pm »

me ttoo
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the false emperor, Eternal Champion (warhammer40k SG)
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2015, 12:03:55 am »

Our army of executioners look to still have quite a few troops left. We can just use one of their bodies or if not enough time demand that one of guards on the ship be taken to you for possession.

Have Hermine take control of the controls. Then accidentally crashland somewhere within the fortress.
(Some how to got nothing but 6's and 5's this turn.)
--------

You leave the bloody remains of the Inquisitor behind and head towards the command deck.

No one even try's to stop you and you soon find your self with the others on the bridge.

Ragnar stands at the centrer the bridge, overlooking the blood spattering remains of the captains guards.

"So the god have chosen you to be an eternal champion for them, Glory to chaos!"
Ragnar shouts as you enter the bridge.

The others raise there hands in salute praising you and your dark masters.

You turn to Hermine, she's sat cross-legged in the captains chair, enjoying her command over the terrified remains of the crew.

"Hermine can you fly from here?" you ask her
She nods and sits upright in the chair.
"Good, we have to wake up our unwelcome visitors.
Ramming Speed! Dead Ahead!"

You are all pushed back as Hermine fires the engines setting your deadly course.
There's a crunch as she smashes the controls, locking the ship on course.
The deck slowly starts to vibrate under your feet as the engine rumble in to life.

You run to the shuttles, pushing past ship's men and forcing open doors until you bust in to the shuttle bay.
Kastor slides out from under a large star hawk bomber, surprising the service crew.
The pilot is swiftly removed from the controls and you clamber aboard.

You can hear the guards getting closer as they chase after Yuliya.
Las bolts flash as Yuliya dashes across the hanger on to the star hawk.

The engines roar in to life as you blast out of the hanger and hurtle through the void back to the planet.

Its easy for you to land well ahead of Inquisitors ship and start bunkering down for the impact.
And what an impact it is, over a kilometre of steel and adamantium plate, comes crashing down from the void.
The impact kicks up a great cloud of ash and dust that covers the sky, bringing with it a sunless frozen night.
Inperail forces die in there thousands, freezing in the cold or disappearing in the darkness.

In the dark night you take on a new moral body, letting one of your army host your demonic essence.
It's a more stable but less powerful residence as you find the new body limiting your powers.

From your base you watch as a chaos vessel arrives and the system is slowly picked apart, world by world.
Until finally a chaos shuttle lands, an important visitor to see you, now how to handle the meeting...
--------------------

As a demon prince your due 2 new spells so i'll let you choose the types.
A) Battle
B) Demonic
C) Elemental
D) Illusionist
E) Necromantic
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:55:15 pm by Funk »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23