Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.25, still in testing] Feesh Fortress  (Read 2673 times)

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
[31.25, still in testing] Feesh Fortress
« on: May 31, 2015, 11:42:31 am »

Dumb hipster newbie modder presents to you, Feesh Fortress! (tentative name)
Still in testing. Very much so.

File is here.

EDIT: I made a major oversight in the file - underground trees weren't growing. This has hopefully been fixed.

Changelog (from vanilla):
-Added two new playable races (kuhlians and bettaris, details will be posted below).
-Added several new creatures (full list will be posted below).
-Added a bunch of new aboveground crops. Some of these were inspired by garden crops from DF2014.
-Changed a few vanilla plants around (full list will be posted below).
-Changed all subterranean flora. New crops, new trees, new grass (full list will be posted below). The list is actually a bit shorter than it was before, though.
-Removed grazer tags from all creatures. (This was due to a personal annoyance.)
-Changed all vanilla common domestic creatures into wildlife - I wanted to keep a theme, but I didn't want to remove the vanilla domestics.
-Removed several vanilla creatures (mostly monkeys and a couple of looters - again, due to personal annoyances).
-Changed all [PET_EXOTIC] tags to [PET], and added a few.
-Changed certain megabeasts around a bit (dragons and hydras are now 'great dragons' and 'great hydras', with lesser versions of them appearing in savage biomes).
-General breeding alterations for certain creatures (such as helmet snakes).
-Added reactions for making and glazing a variety of different ceramic furniture - doors, tables, chairs, floodgates, querns, millstones... and so on and so forth.
-Changed certain reactions to give more of a product (bituminous coal and lignite are now more efficient, alloy-making has been drastically improved, beehive products have been improved, a few ceramic reactions have been altered).
-Added bread, cake and jam (as plant cheese).
-Removed aquifers from all (regular) stone layers, as well as puddingstone. Instead, aquifers appear in aquastone, which forms small clusters throughout any stone layer and is significantly more valuable than regular stone.
-Added some new equipment, instruments and toys (full list will be posted below).
-Added a few soil types (full list will be posted below).
-Added some aboveground trees (full list will be posted below).
-Changed noble positions for playable civs around. Dungeon masters can be appointed manually, and mayors are supposed to also be appointed manually, but I haven't had a fort big enough to actually test that yet.
-Changed a few graphics to be more appropriate/thematic. (Others are still the same.)
-Removed a lot of vanilla notes from raws. (Sorry!)

I think that's everything - if you spot something I missed, let me know! (I have terrible memory, and a lot of this stuff was imported from my personal mods.)

Also, the init files have been heavily altered for my personal preferences. Feel free to change them!
In addition... I'm not sure if it qualifies as copyright infringement to port in creatures from newer versions, so please let me know if this is a problem.

New creature list-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vanilla plant changes-

New flora-

New soil types-

New items-

Playable civ details-
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:14:03 pm by Molly Renata »
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [31.25, still in testing] Feesh Fortress
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:46 am »

This is great and I love it a lot. I've only just adapted to .40 so I won't be playing it for a while, but love me a fish and love me a dwarf fortress.

Bettas as a warlike race makes *so much sense*.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
Re: [31.25, still in testing] Feesh Fortress
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 03:27:36 pm »

This is great and I love it a lot. I've only just adapted to .40 so I won't be playing it for a while, but love me a fish and love me a dwarf fortress.

Bettas as a warlike race makes *so much sense*.

=D

Yeah, it originally started with, "well what if I made a DF mod focused around fish?" And it naturally led to angry bettas. :V
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.