Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rimworld - Bay 12 Colony!  (Read 3156 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Rimworld - Bay 12 Colony!
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:50:08 pm »

Rimworld is a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress like game. I'll be playing with the Ultimate Overhaul Modpack and I'm going to take Bay 12 forumites to be members of the colony. You can sign up to be a member of the colony below and also suggest objectives for the game until our untimely and inglorious demise.

This first post will serve as an index to all other posts.

List of mods used:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The settings:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Episode list:

Episode 1 - Stranded
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:10:10 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rimworld - Bay 12 Colony!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:51:39 pm »

Reserved.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »

Reserved.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:08:40 pm »

Episode 1: Stranded

As the cryogenic sleep casket opened with a hiss the sound of piercing high-pitched alarms filled the air. Falling to the cold metal floor of the ship Ronin watched as many pairs of legs hurried to and fro through the open doors to the ships hallways. "We've got to move, lets go." The voice came from somewhere above him, but he wasn't able to tell exactly which of the blurred shapes it originated from. All of a sudden he felt himself being hoisted onto his feet, one arm slung around the strangers back. And then he was moving, half limping, half being carried. Red lights flashed by and Ronin thought perhaps he could hear the distant crackle of fire over the sounds of the alarms and people shouting. Passing under a door which was jammed open he looked up to see the bright neon sign "Escape Pods" before blackness rushed up to meet him.

The survivors of the crash:

We should look for other survivors... Surely others made it off the colony ship alive. They might be hurt!
We're in no position to help anyone right now. We lost most of our supplies in the scramble off the ship. There's no sense going off to find other colonists if it means that we'll all end up starving to death, freezing to death, or both.
With such little building material our best hope of survival is to dig into the side of the mountain that we've crashed next to. It's secure and the marble that it's made up of should be relatively easy to dig through.
Agreed, hopefully if there are any other survivors they'll eventually stumble across us. And if they do we're going to need to be able to treat them, house them and feed them. We've got a lot of work before there's not enough daylight left to do it, so let's grab what we can from the wreckage and get started.

Many hours later...

Culise roused from her sleep with a distinct feeling that something was wrong. She rose to a sitting position and came face to face with two glowing orbs.

What the... AGH!?

Before she realized what was happening the wolf lunged at her, scratching her neck. Culise felt a warm trickle of blood seep down into her overalls. Screaming she scrambled up and swiped at the wolf with her bare hand. She missed the wolf but startled it ran out of the man-made cave that the colonists had dug out of the marble rock-face. Ronin bandaged Culise's wound and in the morning Cthulhu and her grabbed their weapons out of their escape shuttle. Culise took her Browning Auto-5 shotgun and Cthulhu his AK-47. Together they tracked the wolf... It had not got far from the entrance of the cave. Cthulhu circled round to the flank of the wolf as Culise hid herself in a bush. The wolf looked up, sniffing the air as if it could smell its impending doom. All was quiet...

Then two shots rang out... And that's when it all went wrong.

RONIN WATCH OUT!
What the hell!?

Firing wildly Culise tried to save Ronin from being mauled from the wolf.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:25:35 am by The13thRonin »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 11:30:15 pm »

Awesome!

Yeah, the game totally seems to be based off Dwarf Fortress (least insulting term I could think of).

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »

Can we write journals for characters? Also, yeah it's like dwarf fortress, BUT WITH SCI-FI Komra save us!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »

This seems fun. I got tired of writing the plot so my lets play ended abruptly. PTW!  :D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.