Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 800166 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Do You Know What Makes YOU S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?
« Reply #1875 on: September 22, 2015, 03:06:36 pm »

Fallout 1 actually adresses the point that there are dogs but no cats.

They ate them.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1876 on: September 22, 2015, 03:16:59 pm »

Fallout 1 actually adresses the point that there are dogs but no cats.

They ate them.
*Ding*
A new vault opens! It was filled with cats!
CATS, CATS EVERYWHERE IN THE WASTELAND!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 22, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »

The lore is strong in this one. When they accept me on to the writing team for Obsidian Entertainment's Fallout: New Brunskwick I'll be sure to include a quest to reintroduce cats to the wasteland from a catsploded vault (where the cats have long since feasted on the remains of the dead dwellers and have learned to operate the food dispenser units themselves).

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1878 on: September 22, 2015, 03:25:05 pm »

The lore is strong in this one. When they accept me on to the writing team for Obsidian Entertainment's Fallout: New Brunskwick I'll be sure to include a quest to reintroduce cats to the wasteland from a catsploded vault (where the cats have long since feasted on the remains of the dead dwellers and have learned to operate the food dispenser units themselves).
The food/water dispenser units might be as well automated for reasons unknown.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 22, 2015, 03:27:56 pm »

That got me thinking, how many average house cats can a single mole rat corpse feed for one day?
Or, how long can an average house cat survive on a single mole rat corpse, provided it does not rot?
How many average house cats does it take to kill a mole rat?

You know, there are no house cats in TES either, are there? Maybe it's the oversized rats that cause it. I can't recall any worlds where both giant rats/R.O.U.S. and house cats exist.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:43:15 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 22, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »

That got me thinking, how many average house cats can a single mole rat corpse feed for one day?
Or, how long can an average house cat survive on a single mole rat corpse, provided it does not rot?
How many average house cats does it take to kill a mole rat?

You know, there are no house cats in TES either, are there? Maybe it's the oversized rats that cause it. I can't recall any worlds where both giant rats/R.O.U.S. and house cats exist.
L

The adventurers' union lobbied to have them all killed to create more entry-level job opportunities for young adults.
Love, scriver~

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 22, 2015, 03:33:26 pm »

I will pay five million dollars for a Fallout: New Brunswick. Because YAY APOCALYPTIC HOME-PROVINCE :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 22, 2015, 03:34:18 pm »

Fantasy settings don't need cats, they have imps and demons :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 22, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

There are, just mostly in the lore.

I will pay five million dollars for a Fallout: New Brunswick. Because YAY APOCALYPTIC HOME-PROVINCE :D
Would it have a vault flooded with maple syrup?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 22, 2015, 04:03:19 pm »

Pony up a 10% advance and I will personally handcraft it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 22, 2015, 04:34:03 pm »

TES has plenty of cats, though...?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 22, 2015, 04:38:50 pm »

A race of like 10% or something sentient housecats, based on time of birth, and we never see one.

Hm... the strange homogeny of khajiit in each area, combined with the moonphase=appearance thing, suggests some interesting ethnic holiday practices.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 22, 2015, 05:04:31 pm »

Big Khajit also count as cats, though.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 22, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »

Totally, I was going off on a tangent :)
She/they

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 22, 2015, 05:14:59 pm »

There are actual cats in the Witcher 2. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 462