Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 799888 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Massachusetts Driving Habits
« Reply #3165 on: November 12, 2015, 09:29:40 am »

Nexus Fallout 4 site is already up, and there are already mods for the game on it.  If Bethesda wants to take control of their modding scene, they've already failed.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: November 12, 2015, 09:35:41 am »

So, what are the worst bugs you guys encountered so far?
not a single crash, the only thing ive seen i would consider a glitch is sometimes dudes got randomly hostile when i stole stuff in vault 81, despite i was hidden, noone was near, and the dudes that got hostile often where in an entirely different region of the vault.
not TO serious, but realy annoying as it was hard to tell if someone just went nuts on me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: November 12, 2015, 09:40:45 am »

Mods I saw in two minutes on the Nexus:
-Different/better game/night textures
-Dogmeat retextures
-No power armor power drain
-Different gun/firing sounds
-X person/character the Sole Survivor
-No 'cha-ching' XP gain sound
Every one had at least one other version. Jesus.
Black lives matter.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: November 12, 2015, 09:44:17 am »

Those are 'hack' type mods though, not stuff made with the GECK.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:58:10 am by MasterFancyPants »
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: November 12, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

-X person/character the Sole Survivor
These really aren't mods; they're save games. And there are surprising few of these compared to what Skyrim had in its first days. Rather, Nexus is being cluttered with ENB and Reshade stuff this time around.

Those as 'hack' type mods though, not stuff made with the GECK.
Are you suggesting the theory that the GECK will be designed to let Beth control mod distribution, or are you suggesting something about the legitimacy of "'hack' type mods"?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: November 12, 2015, 10:16:37 am »

So, what are the worst bugs you guys encountered so far?
I ran into a little bit of a nasty bug where the Diamond City event in which the security guards gun down one of the two brothers (who was holding a gun on the other brother because [REASONS]) breaks down after they open fire.  This locks up most, if not all of the vendors in the area, because they're part of the crowd watching the event.  I've had multiple CTDs so far, but I actually assumed that was because my hardware is old enough that the game can't even recognize it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:18:18 am by Culise »

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: November 12, 2015, 10:17:57 am »

Are you suggesting the theory that the GECK will be designed to let Beth control mod distribution.
That part, Hacky mods are fine.
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:48 am »

See plastic figures of bostoners yelling on plastic redcoat mannequins : we have freedom . go with your tea back to england.
Yankee doodle starts playing, enter the room from where music comes .Wall is painted with minutemen holding american flag, some ww 2 guys with american flag, american bombers bombing someone, american flag being planted on the moon, and of course soldier in t-51 standing in front of american flag.
Read the inscription : freedom is privelege of those, who dare to take a gun and fight for it.

It was so american, that my tears turned in coca cola.

The worst bug I had encountered was shoulder armour parts of power armour floating one metre above me. This looked really stupid.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: November 12, 2015, 10:39:34 am »

american flag being planted on the moon
From what I have seen of that plaque there was fighting on the moon. Which sounds awesome and DLC worthy.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: November 12, 2015, 10:41:36 am »

I could fight moon Enclave. Somewherevin the lore they were planning to evac to other planets.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:31 am »

And 111 is probably an experiment for it, seeing effects of long-term suspension on humans. Hell, 13 was probably testing a generation ship, 114 probably seeing how little they could give people, and 108 was probably for testing cloning for once they get to wherever they plan to be headed.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:06 am »

what if enclave is the ayy lmaos???

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:26 am »

Are you suggesting the theory that the GECK will be designed to let Beth control mod distribution.
That part, Hacky mods are fine.
Beth would lose sales of the main product and DLC if they were to do that, and there wouldn't be any significant mods in the early days to make up for those losses. That alone is enough for Beth to stay away from centralized content control. Besides which, the previous experiment showed that Beth doesn't have any interest in doing anything that requires effort on their part to watch over modders. Any "publish to Workshop" button that may appear in the GECK is for convenience, not control.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Attention To Detail
« Reply #3178 on: November 12, 2015, 11:13:08 am »

Pfft, few thousand lost sales don't mean anything. Besides whole modding is very small scale thing, I hear barely 1% of players use mods in first place.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Attention To Detail
« Reply #3179 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:21 am »

Pfft, few thousand lost sales don't mean anything. Besides whole modding is very small scale thing, I hear barely 1% of players use mods in first place.

That's the kind of thing you want to source before you state it as a given.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 462