Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 792913 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Attention To Detail
« Reply #3210 on: November 12, 2015, 04:30:23 pm »

I found a hatch near the Abernathy farm (I think that's the family) that says E) Detonate. Using it, the hatch opens as though it was an entrance to another area, but does nothing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 12, 2015, 04:33:38 pm »

Pics?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: November 12, 2015, 04:55:58 pm »

Pics?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also - as I was playing in windowed mode, and have a habit of using alt-printscreen to grab a shot of the active window only - I promptly threw a molotov, which destroyed the hatch. So... Bug solved!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: November 12, 2015, 05:01:27 pm »

I should totally try to see if it's there in my game.

Random hatches labeled "Detonate"; what could go wrong?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3214 on: November 12, 2015, 05:06:41 pm »

Well, honestly, the world can't get that much worse anyway, so...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 12, 2015, 05:09:38 pm »

I'll see if I can find it too.

Meanwhile, I finished building all the Tier 2 store types, finally.
And in this night, people decided to derp around it.
(Don't mind the graphics. Old graphics card magically running the game - and if anyone knows how to fix the pixelation on the actors' edges, lemme know.)

Spoiler: Just a market pic (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Oh, if you want to make sure an NPC is easy to find, equip him with a Mining Helmet (or cap?), it has a bright light on it, effectively turning your settler into a beacon.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:12:24 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: November 12, 2015, 05:12:52 pm »

Is that how the game looks when you play it, or are there some image artefacts going on?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: November 12, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »

Do you have a Radeon 6xxx series?

I have a 6950, it's a problem with the godrays setting. There is a console command to shut them off, I think it's gr 0 but I can't remember.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: November 12, 2015, 05:24:35 pm »

Is that how the game looks when you play it, or are there some image artefacts going on?

Nope, it really looks horrible. But I think something's wrong. I mean, I could play Skyrim and Fallout 3 with all the graphical mods and it would look better, and wouldn't lag.

Do you have a Radeon 6xxx series?

I have a 6950, it's a problem with the godrays setting. There is a console command to shut them off, I think it's gr 0 but I can't remember.

Yep, mine's a 6850. Turning godrays off on the launcher already made it work better (and everything is looking much less terrible), I'll see if I can find that command.
EDIT: It really is gr 0. Thanks  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:28:08 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 12, 2015, 06:05:44 pm »

One thing I'm surprised they did not add, with all the crafting currently in there, is an equivalent to New Vegas' loading bench. The ability to break down ammo and reform it as other types would be a godsend, as ammo is otherwise expensive to buy in large amounts.

May be something I look into adding when they release the construction kit. Along with the Darude Sandstorm sound replacer for the laser gatling gun, and the baby deathclaw chestburster ammo for the syringer.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: November 12, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »

The thought alone of gatling guns going dududududududududu cracks me up.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 12, 2015, 06:33:40 pm »

so, since someone spoilerd me how to steal power armors i now have 4 power armor frames (two of with wont even say steal but enter when i highlight them \o/)
i also know of more power armor frames, and anyway, as i can steal them, there are proably MANY power  armor frames.

now my question is: is there any reason to have more then one power armor frame? i dont think i can give it to npc (and anyway, i dont take companions and if i would i would only need two...)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Massachusetts Driving Habits
« Reply #3222 on: November 12, 2015, 06:37:21 pm »

So, what are the worst bugs you guys encountered so far? I just had my first CTD for unknown reason, but 15+ hours in and with a autosave system that fires roughly every five steps its merely inconvenient.

During my first sitting with the game, after just meeting Dog Meat, I tried to cancel out of a conversation with the dog. This froze up the entire computer and put the mutt's panting on an endless loop until I forcibly shut down the computer. Kind of amusing, in a way, and haven't encountered it again.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: November 12, 2015, 06:45:00 pm »

I spent the first six hours or so playing this game on Survival. Then I went through many ghoul-induced deaths and at least fifteen deaths from raiders in the same factory. Those molotovs are death. I've resigned myself to playing on Very Hard for now.

Gunners, ironically, are less trouble for me to kill than raiders. At least gunners have frags that give you a chance to run. I'd take that town full of gunners over a town full of raiders.

Also: gun sounds are pitiful in this one. They sound like toys.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: November 12, 2015, 06:52:54 pm »

Welp, today I learned that you can't get a refund from Green Man Gaming once you have your key.  Lesson learned, now I see why they were offering a discount on a preorder.
I still haven't had a chance to launch, but from what I've seen, most of my fears were right on.  Guess I'll have to mod the hell out of this.

First mod:  Replacing all instances of "Fallout" and "Nuka-Cola" with something unique.  This'll fix 90% of my issues with the game, I can go back to wishing for a proper sequel.
Second mod:  Alternate start, so I can create my own characters
Third: Mute the protagonist and fix the dialogue system
Fourth:  Change that ugly fat font all over the UI.  I really thought that was placeholder art, months ago, yet here we are.

Glad people are enjoying it, I'm sure I'll enjoy the base building part.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 462