Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 800334 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3240 on: November 12, 2015, 09:18:19 pm »

ok, now im pissed.

i fought the structure building interface for HOURS to build a fuckin fence around sanctuary. natural obstacles even hinted so much that the devs intended me to do that. the only entry to sanctuary is the bridge, guarded by 4 heavy machine gun towers, 2 spotlights, and a few construction site lamps.

HOWEVER: i just had my first attack, and the raiders just spawned in the middle of my village.thats so dumb and, i dont even.
also only two of them. thats so pathetic, they could just not attack at all. my sttlers had beaten them up with fists alone. plus, both spawned on excacltly the same spot. i just put two towers there now and proably be done with that part of the game.
very sad. this whole build and defend part is quite half assed. the good news is however, there is absolutely no reason to torture oneself fighting the buidling interface any mroe then  it takes to place some matraces , turrets and crops on the mud.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: November 12, 2015, 09:20:17 pm »

@Astral
The Pitt in FO3 also allowed recasting ammo, seemed like it was a reward for "completing" the DLC.  (I haven't played it, but my brother did)

So, what are the worst bugs you guys encountered so far?
Put the fusion cell in the power armor, got in it, ran to grab the minigun, and as soon as I grabbed it I shot up into the air super high with incredible velocity flying 3/4 of the way to diamond city before falling into about 6 bandits. I killed them all and felt like a badass ODST trooper even though this is fallout and I was so far from where I was supposed to be it wasn't even funny.
You didn't die, huh?  Kinda want a mod for that, eventually.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »

Real Time Settler did it a little better, and without the restriction of you must build in spot X Y or Z; you could feasibly make your settlement anywhere, but mountainous areas tested your patience a bit. They also spawned things a bit further off to the side, and then told it to go attack roughly to where the town center was, rather than putting them in the middle of everything.

I'm a bit irked that you have no ability to see how you place things before finalizing it, or no "overview" mode that allows you to view/place/remove things from a bird's eye view encompassing the whole settlement. But it is baby steps in the right direction.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 12, 2015, 10:31:53 pm »

I just discovered that your character changes when he's drunk. Hehehe.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 12, 2015, 10:38:01 pm »

So I guess 1-int stupid runs aren't *entirely* discarded, my character just needs to drink constantly.
(mission accepted)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 12, 2015, 11:12:37 pm »

Put the fusion cell in the power armor, got in it, ran to grab the minigun, and as soon as I grabbed it I shot up into the air super high with incredible velocity flying 3/4 of the way to diamond city before falling into about 6 bandits. I killed them all and felt like a badass ODST trooper even though this is fallout and I was so far from where I was supposed to be it wasn't even funny.
You didn't die, huh?  Kinda want a mod for that, eventually.

No fall damage while in powerarmor, isint it?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: November 12, 2015, 11:54:49 pm »

I finally managed to scrap EVERYTHING in Sancturary and built a pretty organized and neat community. All the non ruined houses i cant scrap become 3 bed bunk houses with a living room area and electric lighting. All houses have a tiny tato garden in front and at least one farmer per house assigned to their houses garden. All houses have water pumps where a mailbox would be, facing the house. Wires are strung from roof to roof, using the wall mounted connecters. Turrets are randomly placed along the streets. One of the ruined houses foundations is used as the central market. Radios play Diamond City radio EVERYWHERE. It could be said my new community is better then it was prewar.

tl;dr: i love the construction in this game. Takes some getting used to, but after being a DF player for years gave me a bit more patience for it.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: November 13, 2015, 12:03:59 am »

So I guess 1-int stupid runs aren't *entirely* discarded, my character just needs to drink constantly.
(mission accepted)

I've also recently encountered a legendary weapon effect that increases damage based on how many different types of drug withdrawals you're experiencing. And there's another perk that increases your Luck while drunk if you travel with a companion. So yeah, idiot boozehound junkie barbarian is a viable build.

Also: gun sounds are pitiful in this one. They sound like toys.
Same question as the first one: how far are you in? At 6h it's probably not much--most of what you're encountering is still almost exclusively shit-tier pipe guns firing .38 pistol rounds, with a few weak short-barreled hunting "rifles". Right now I've got a fully kitted set with a .308 sniper, .45 DMR, combat shotgun, and 10mm pistol. The shotgun's the only one that doesn't sound quite as meaty as I'd like it.

Also, if we're talking about sounding like toys, the new sounds for laser weapons make up for a lot of sins.
17h as it stands. I haven't played with the laser weapons much, but the ballistics all seem too quiet to me. I've played with sawn-offs, .45 SMGs, .308 rifles, and others, and my current primary weapon is a four-crank laser musket.

I'm convinced that this is caused by playing too much Red Orchestra 2 before playing F4. I'm used to pulling the trigger drowning out literally every other sound in the game, so my expectation is somewhat skewed. :P
Oh, if that's the standard you're judging it by, then yeah:P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: November 13, 2015, 12:05:55 am »

Hype cautiously recharging
(I want today to be three days from now so I can actually play!)
She/they

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: November 13, 2015, 12:39:55 am »

so, since someone spoilerd me how to steal power armors i now have 4 power armor frames (two of with wont even say steal but enter when i highlight them \o/)
i also know of more power armor frames, and anyway, as i can steal them, there are proably MANY power  armor frames.

now my question is: is there any reason to have more then one power armor frame? i dont think i can give it to npc (and anyway, i dont take companions and if i would i would only need two...)

Pretty sure you can tell NPCs to interact with them through the dialogue interface, and put them on like that. Or maybe just putting it in their inventory and having them equip it as you would regular armor.
hm, but you cant pick up the frames. they will stay where you leave them and you can only enter them, or put in modules.

Well I haven't actually tried as I have yet to acquire a second frame but I would guess that setting up a frame on a power armor station would let you direct an NPC to wear it.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: November 13, 2015, 01:05:51 am »

Previous fallout power armor was just a suit you could don on yourself instead of clothing and such. But in this one.... playing with the poer armor you FEEL like a tank, soaking up damage like nothing, jumping from heights and such... Man i love the new power armor system.

Damn adhesive being so rare.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: November 13, 2015, 01:10:04 am »

Keep in mind you can use cooking stations to make a utility item that counts for 5 adhesive.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: November 13, 2015, 01:19:06 am »

At least they added economy wonderglue and mil-spec/3-pack duct tape. :x

Know that legendary weapon effect that causes AoE explosions on impact? Got a combat rifle with it, absolutely deadly. Also the explosions make huge mushroom clouds of water when you shoot them at it.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Attention To Detail
« Reply #3253 on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:56 am »

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Sigged
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: November 13, 2015, 01:40:40 am »

You know, it suddenly occurred to me, one thing that Bethesda did that I think works really well but nobody has mentioned? Scrapping DT/DR, changing everything to the four damage types and resistances. It makes for deeper and more easily comprehensible interactions, as well as creating a valid reason to use more than one weapon/weapon type, and making it so that there isn't one "best" armor that you feel obliged to use.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 462