Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 800408 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Bad Bugs and Gutbusting Glitches
« Reply #3255 on: November 13, 2015, 02:24:09 am »

Huh, I found vault 81, seems interesting, certainly more stable than every other vault I've seen, wonder if this is the control group of all those experiments vault-tec performed.
Naaaah, who am I kidding, there's gotta be a dirty secret around here, let's see what I can find out about it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: November 13, 2015, 02:40:00 am »

So I only played for about two hours yesterday with my crappy old craptop but these are my main impressions so far.

+ It runs surprisingly well for a computer below the minimum requirements so far. I'm not sure why they put the specs so high, but hopefully I won't find out by my laptop sparking on fire or anything. Maybe the once there's a bunch of NPCs around it will start to show more.

- The game is pretty clunky. I can't judge the flow of the game itself as my computer is probably below minimum requirements, of course, but the pip boy menus are already a bit annoying.

- Fucking dialogue wheel, man. Couldn't they at least gone through the trouble of binding it to the keys you actually have your fingers on?

+ It's a bit early to say yet, but so far I've noticed that there seem to be a lot less random crap items lying around. By which I mean there's not a hundred tin cans and abraxo cartons in every single ruined house. I guess now that you can profess what items are made of you can make individual items more sparse? I'm carefully optimistic. Still, maybe nukacola bottles are just the new tin cans. Coffee cups do still seem to be everywhere too :v

- I didn't get military fatigues in my destroyed house :'(
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: November 13, 2015, 02:42:59 am »

Huh, I found vault 81, seems interesting, certainly more stable than every other vault I've seen, wonder if this is the control group of all those experiments vault-tec performed.
Naaaah, who am I kidding, there's gotta be a dirty secret around here, let's see what I can find out about it.

there are 17 control vaults

Vault 3 in New Vegas and Vault 8 in Fallout 2 are the only two to definitely be control vaults that appear in-game; Vault 3 was massacred by the Fiends and Vault 8 ended up becoming Vault City due to the GECK. Vault 17 mentioned in New Vegas may have been a control vault; all that's known about it is that it was taken over by the Master's army (I guess Lily's from there). Vault 76 mentioned in 3 is also a control vault.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: November 13, 2015, 04:48:48 am »

- Fucking dialogue wheel, man. Couldn't they at least gone through the trouble of binding it to the keys you actually have your fingers on?

+ It's a bit early to say yet, but so far I've noticed that there seem to be a lot less random crap items lying around. By which I mean there's not a hundred tin cans and abraxo cartons in every single ruined house. I guess now that you can profess what items are made of you can make individual items more sparse? I'm carefully optimistic. Still, maybe nukacola bottles are just the new tin cans. Coffee cups do still seem to be everywhere too :v

1. I think it's Shift + WASD as the secondary keys for the arrow keys?

2. Oh, there's cans all over the fucking place; three kinds, too: 'can', 'tin can', and 'aluminum can'. Of course, you're going to be grabbing all of that random stuff that was once useless clutter, because now it's valuable and often scarce crafting materials to make your guns and armor shinier and better. If I had to identify a new successor to the can, it's either be (as you said) empty bottles, or possibly wrenches--both are fucking everywhere, heavier than most miscellaneous items, and yield only extremely common materials.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: November 13, 2015, 04:51:23 am »

1. I think it's Shift + WASD as the secondary keys for the arrow keys?
Actually for the dialogue wheel it's: 1 - UP, 2 - LEFT, 3 - RIGHT, 4 - DOWN. Shift + WASD works only for the construction interface.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: November 13, 2015, 06:34:23 am »

Ah, that's really nice to know. I tried all the shift/control/alt+wasd combinations but obviously they did nothing. Also thanks for the heads up about the construction menu (yeah I'm not far in yet, it's basically my veryveryvery first impressions. Didn't want to mention a bunch of other stuff because of how early it is).

2. Oh, there's cans all over the fucking place; three kinds, too: 'can', 'tin can', and 'aluminum can'. Of course, you're going to be grabbing all of that random stuff that was once useless clutter, because now it's valuable and often scarce crafting materials to make your guns and armor shinier and better. If I had to identify a new successor to the can, it's either be (as you said) empty bottles, or possibly wrenches--both are fucking everywhere, heavier than most miscellaneous items, and yield only extremely common materials.

Heh, yeah. I remember in that space ghoul facility in NV how when you walked through the utility tunnels how there were tin cans and misc shit absolutely everywhere. Really made one wonder who the hell had been tracking all that shit down there.
Love, scriver~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: November 13, 2015, 06:57:19 am »

and making it so that there isn't one "best" armor that you feel obliged to use.
So far the best armor I found was a metal chestpiece. It has WEIRD perk requirements to upgrade though. It has like 6 different levels, and the last 4 ALL require max armorer perk. Very odd.

Also, mods I want to see:
1. ALL CLOTHES BEING GODDAMN LAYERABLE.

2. No level requirement for perks. You should be able to fucking specialize in shit without hitting level 50

3. Base gun/armor construction.

Those are the ones that pop out at me off the top of my head. I'll probably think of more later.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: November 13, 2015, 07:07:24 am »

Wow.
Walking into Diamond City in third person while walking with no radio on is just amazing. They really perfected the atmosphere. Feels like an actual town!
Fallout 4 has one of the best ambiences I've heard, too.

1. ALL CLOTHES BEING GODDAMN LAYERABLE.
Welcome to Cliptown. Population: You.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: November 13, 2015, 07:55:26 am »

Yeah, I've already spotted some bad clipping just in vanilla. Mainly the synth chestplate.

On the bright side, they have cloth physics in vanilla, as evidenced by the distinctive outfit of THE SILVER SHROUD.

3. Run Resize Enable

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: November 13, 2015, 09:25:12 am »

Apparently my machine can run the game smoothly on Ultra settings and 1920x1080 resolution, nice.

Spent the first in-game day rummaging through Sanctuary Hills, found plenty of loot and bugs (mutant and technical - Dogmeat was stuck in a mid-leap animation when I first met him). Overall impressions are quite positive.
Gotta complete the game with the default character, then maybe I'll start a specialized playthrough.

Edit: Classical Radio is a surprisingly good thing to play in the background while fighting enemies or looting stuff.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 09:34:32 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: November 13, 2015, 09:28:10 am »

2. No level requirement for perks. You should be able to fucking specialize in shit without hitting level 50

I think this one's already up on the nexus, though I haven't tried it. There's a bunch of hacked together mods already, mostly cheats, tweaks, fixes, or character saves.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: November 13, 2015, 09:38:22 am »

No level requirements for perks would, in essence, allow you to get the max rank of that 10 Luck perk that can insta-kill enemies, whatever it's called, at about level 4. Which is completely ridiculous, so.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: November 13, 2015, 09:43:23 am »

You know, the funny thing is that it would have been far more fitting to include the Enclave in the faction pileup in FO4, but Bethesda were likely wary of that after they cocked up in FO3 and made them beyond cartoonishly evil with only the vague semblance of an agenda.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: November 13, 2015, 10:25:48 am »

Oh! I forgot the single most greatest impression from last night: CLOTHES THAT AREN'T GENDER LOCKED!

This alone makes this the best Beth game since Morrowind for me. Possibly game of the year even.
Love, scriver~

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: November 13, 2015, 11:11:33 am »

THO THIS IS TRUE AND GUD MY DUDE HAS NOT FOUND A SINGLE BRA YET SO FUCK THAT!
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 462