Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 792879 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4875 on: December 15, 2015, 10:37:47 pm »

That's actually a great idea.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: December 16, 2015, 04:05:18 am »

On the note of getting PA really early in the game compared to the earlier ones, delaying it just winds up with people either rushing through quests to get it as fast as they can or feeling unable to play the character concept they want to (such as a power armoured badass,) which is especially a problem on replays.

In New Vegas I'd always just rush to the Brotherhood as fast as I could with a build specifically designed to make joining them easy so I could get power armour without having to wait ages for it.

In F3 I did much the same, but leveling was a bit more important to get past some of the more difficult quests in the main story, which always just annoyed me more than anything else since power armour was arbitrarily locked behind the main quest.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4877 on: December 16, 2015, 05:54:44 am »

I never even used power armor in NV/FO3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: December 16, 2015, 06:24:54 am »

On the note of getting PA really early in the game compared to the earlier ones, delaying it just winds up with people either rushing through quests to get it as fast as they can or feeling unable to play the character concept they want to (such as a power armoured badass,) which is especially a problem on replays.

In New Vegas I'd always just rush to the Brotherhood as fast as I could with a build specifically designed to make joining them easy so I could get power armour without having to wait ages for it.

In F3 I did much the same, but leveling was a bit more important to get past some of the more difficult quests in the main story, which always just annoyed me more than anything else since power armour was arbitrarily locked behind the main quest.

I always just grabbed the power armour training holotype at the crashed vertibird site while doing the whole Nipton run around. Defeating the robots there could be hard at low levels (especially with mods) but you could usually manage it with a bit of patience.
Love, scriver~

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: December 16, 2015, 08:50:57 am »

Just in general, I find the fast travel in the newer Bethesda games annoying.

I much prefered the fast travel in Morrowind. Want to go somewhere? Take the bloody bus, you peasant. Or fly there if you're a demigod.

Or call a vertibird. So far I have used it only once and it was nice.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: December 16, 2015, 09:05:07 am »

Just in general, I find the fast travel in the newer Bethesda games annoying.

I much prefered the fast travel in Morrowind. Want to go somewhere? Take the bloody bus, you peasant. Or fly there if you're a demigod.

Or call a vertibird. So far I have used it only once and it was nice.

The only time I used a vertibird grenade was when I was overencumbered. And then completely forgot about that particular utility of it.

Now ARTILLERY grenades, those I abused the fuck out of. Doesn't really help that you can easily end up with 50 pounds of them from your settlements.
Only problem is setting up the damn things.

Y'know what would be nice? Some map option to show artillery coverage areas. I mean they have one for supply lines (btw do those share resources? And if so do you start the line from the one you want to give resources to or take resources from?) so hopefully some enterprising modder will work that shit out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 09:08:24 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: December 16, 2015, 09:19:42 am »

I use the Vertibird grenades infrequently, usually when I've been in entirely too many fights and my armor is about wrecked, and I am critically overloaded.  I have never used the flare gun or artillery grenades at all, because I have no need for fire support, ever.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: December 16, 2015, 09:21:38 am »

All settlements connected to a supply line share crafting materials with each other, yes, and they don't need to be directly connected to every other place.

Also, I can't be the only one who is always critically overloaded, can I?
Love, scriver~

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: December 16, 2015, 09:28:08 am »

It would be great if I could send my companion back to home to offload all junk I have gathered...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: December 16, 2015, 09:42:41 am »

How does the flare gun reinforcement thing work?

Does it just spawn a minuteman nearby to help you?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: December 16, 2015, 09:57:27 am »

How does the flare gun reinforcement thing work?

Does it just spawn a minuteman nearby to help you?
It spawns a handful of minutemen (wiki claims 3-6) nearby who run to your location. You have to use it within range of a settlement for it to work, like the artillery piece (except the flare gun's range is three grid squares, while the artillery's is four).

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: December 16, 2015, 12:03:04 pm »

I donno man I love the artillery.  Could I kill the things much much faster by just sniping them out?  Yes.  Does it take too long for the shells to actually arrive and the enemies treat it as a normal grenade and try to get away from it?  Yes.

But there is just something special about being able to toss a single smoke grenade and getting a personal fireworks show with the occasional flying ragdolling corpse courtesy of Slog Fortress, the Starlight Drive in hovercastle or Hangman alley barracks.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: December 16, 2015, 12:12:37 pm »

When I want flashy pyrotechnics I nuke the Institute, when I want things dead I use my legendary gatling laser, Endless Dirge (ignores 30% of enemy's ballistic/energy resistance).
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: December 17, 2015, 12:07:00 am »

All settlements connected to a supply line share crafting materials with each other, yes, and they don't need to be directly connected to every other place.
I meant how do you get them to share like, water and food? In the settlement resource sense, not the inventory sense.

(except the flare gun's range is three grid squares, while the artillery's is four).
Thank you, this will be helpful to my "always have artillery available" efforts.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: December 17, 2015, 12:15:26 am »

I meant how do you get them to share like, water and food? In the settlement resource sense, not the inventory sense.

(except the flare gun's range is three grid squares, while the artillery's is four).
Thank you, this will be helpful to my "always have artillery available" efforts.

Supply lines share overflow water and food from one connected settlement to the next. It's how you're able to have settlements in areas with zero water access or food access. In my case, Sanctuary is a massive 20 person farm with industrial water purifiers running. They provide massive amounts of food - i think i have 65-70 food and maybe 165 water at Sanctuary.

Outpost Zimonja is set up similarly, but are almost exclusively scavenging. Ten people, one is a provisioner, and the other nine all work scavenger stations.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 462