Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 792846 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4920 on: December 18, 2015, 09:28:31 am »

Found that during the start of the game, if you go straight to the tv after making your character you can see an ad for the Fat Man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

'Well hello there Timmy! What's that you got there?'
'It's my Fat Man mister!'
'What's it for? Does it help you throw baseballs further?'
'No mister, it helps me blow up communist invaders!'
'Ahahaha, Timmy you rambunctious patriotic scamp.'

BUY FAT MEN TO PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN FROM THE RED MENACE! ONLY NUCLEAR BOMBS CAN SLAY THE CHINESE! PRAISE DEMOCRACY OR DIE!
The ad itself is a pair of kids "fighting", then one of them vanishes in a puff of smoke as the fatman appears in the hands of the other, resulting in that screenshot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:33 am »

Hey, anyone know the story behind that maze in Fallons Department Store's parking deck? I just discovered it by accident and its fascinating and is there a quest connected to it or something?
None that I could find, but I found it a very cool little side thing.
HA! I got the mini nuke and fusion cores flawlessly on the first try.

In other news, am I the only one who really REALLY likes Travis (Diamond City Radio host) better while he's spineless? On the radio I mean. After THREEEEEEE DAWWWWWWG and Mr. New Vegas I feel having a total ditz as the host to be refreshing and also ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS.

Favorite has to be when he's introducing Magnolia's "Train Train" and then immediately regrets it :P
That's also gotta be my fav song in this now.
Yeah, I absolutely love the radio host.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:56 am »

I tried using the radio, but it just felt really weird after getting used to the combat theme.  I had some intense long shootouts in the early game, even had to run sometimes when the raiders had height advantage, and the music still carries that tension (even though I'm very deadly.  I still die fast).

The environmental themes are exactly what I wanted, alternating between creepy and forlorn wailing.  The land feels haunted, like it should (to the sole survivor or a vault dweller anyway, I understand why the Courier was more chipper).  And the BoS theme... <3

IDK using the radio feels like turning off the music in newXCOM or FTL.  Combat feels less impactful listening to yet another repeat of Bongo In The Jungle (and I got my fill of *that* in FO3).  I do like Travis though.  Wish there was a news-only intermittent broadcast.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: December 18, 2015, 10:07:08 am »

Yea probably the first mod I'll be looking for once the creation kit comes out is a mod that makes radio freedom do important announcements even when the radio is off (like the quest announcements or artillery calls) or makes the station announcement only and somehow doesn't cut out the normal music.

...preferably the first one, because even with the music in between, the constant 'nothing to report' gets on my nerves.  There's 2 things I use radio freedom for.  A way to know the ingame time without having to bring up the pip boy constantly, and knowing if I just wasted an artillery smoke.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: December 18, 2015, 12:05:24 pm »

Finishing on Institute's side and reactions from Nick:

Is it even possible to ask the Institute guys why they are making copies of people and killing originals? And why they did experiment with FEV?  Seriously, why would they even have any of it? Does everybody have FEV stored in their pockets?

1: Nick does actually comment on it. He's not pleased at all, and while he's not pro-Railroad he quite dislikes the Institute. I had both him and Piper tell me off for siding with the institute.

2. No, it's not explained why the Institute copy people. Presumably it's for intel gathering purposes, or controlling a population remotely, as seen with

3. The Institute is the remains of a high-end university. It is likely that MIT had some distant hand in creating or at least researching the FEV.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: December 18, 2015, 01:16:03 pm »

Some of the synths are used to perform experiments on the surface. One of the settlements has a synth infiltrator who's job is to test modified crops.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: December 18, 2015, 01:25:16 pm »

Found that during the start of the game, if you go straight to the tv after making your character you can see an ad for the Fat Man.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: December 18, 2015, 01:52:51 pm »

Y'know what bugs me about weapon mods?

You can't make 10mm rifles or alien blaster rifles.

Is it really that hard to attach a stock to them instead of a pistol grip?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: December 18, 2015, 01:54:52 pm »

Y'know what bugs me about weapon mods?

You can't make 10mm rifles or alien blaster rifles.

Is it really that hard to attach a stock to them instead of a pistol grip?

You know there is more to a rifle then just attaching a stock right?

Ohh wait I forgot :P that is the only difference in Fallout 4 :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: December 18, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »

I'm really not sure what the real world differences are.  I do think it's funny that the pipe "rifles" probably aren't rifled though.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: December 18, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

Been doing a power armor-less hard mode sneaky sniper run. Kellogg was pissing me off, killing me in one or two shots, until I realized I didn't actually have to talk to him. Grabbed a Fat Man from the fort armory, shot from the doorway and got rid of most of his health. Then I just ran backwards laying a trail of frag mines and he walked into every single one. Fun with AI, folks!

And then when I actually entered the room while nobody was there, the lights came on for no reason? I always thought Kellogg was the one making the lights come on, but I guess not.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: December 18, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »

I'm really not sure what the real world differences are.  I do think it's funny that the pipe "rifles" probably aren't rifled though.

Mostly it's to do with caliber sizes, placement of grips and barrel type as I understand it.

FO4 simplifies it down to recoil compensation and VATS usage based on the stock of the gun.

Mostly what bugs me about it is that it would be fairly easy (I assume) to attach a stock to a 10mm auto in order to dampen the recoil more than a pistol grip can, but you can't do it.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: December 18, 2015, 02:30:48 pm »

And that would basically be a SMG, right?  Like an MP5.
She/they

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: December 18, 2015, 02:51:22 pm »

And that would basically be a SMG, right?  Like an MP5.

Well technically a 10mm auto is a submachine gun already.

A Submachine gun is simply a Machine Gun that uses pistol ammo (ok, and a few other requirements... but still)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4934 on: December 18, 2015, 05:26:33 pm »

There is no "anti-radiation" it's either a different FORM of radiation, or it somehow sucks all radiation out of the surroundings...which would probably include light so it would be a darkness bomb as well.
well technically (in theory) the radiation could consist of antiparticles but that wouldn't heal you. You'd just die because antimatter boom
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 462