Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 800369 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4935 on: December 18, 2015, 05:40:44 pm »

I repositioned me behind the monters until the other bots couldn't shoot at me then immediately vatsed his face repeatedly before he could invisibilitate himself.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:47 pm »

I used med-x and psycho and took care of the robots with my shotgun (unperked, at the time).  I had to use some stimpacks too, but Nick seemed to distract him pretty well.  When he finally decloaked, I unloaded with my shotgun (including a crit).

Shotgun was definitely my anti-boss gun, since it's good for bursts (then running back into cover).  Kinda like my shiny +25% damage 6-crank laser musket, heehee.  I should put a scatter on it instead of this scope, I'm not having any luck with sniping.  I bet I could have one-shot the courser that way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: December 18, 2015, 07:43:30 pm »

6-crank crit shots to the face solve almost all the problems.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: December 18, 2015, 08:05:37 pm »

The Last Minute ends any significant problem with ease.

Do Laser Muskets deal more damage than standard Laser Rifles, to compensate for the bothersome cranking? I haven't been able to find any laser competition to Danse's almost fully upgraded Righteous Authority on a per-shot basis.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: December 18, 2015, 08:15:48 pm »

The Last Minute ends any significant problem with ease.

Do Laser Muskets deal more damage than standard Laser Rifles, to compensate for the bothersome cranking? I haven't been able to find any laser competition to Danse's almost fully upgraded Righteous Authority on a per-shot basis.

The base damage isn't any better, but the crank multiplier is pretty beasty. A six crank musket deals 6xbase damage with a fully cranked shot which is then multiplied by any relevant modifiers like criticals or sneak attacking. A sneak attack from a fully upgraded musket nukes most non-giant enemies.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: December 18, 2015, 09:11:08 pm »

Its also very easy to get at very early levels. Or the soonest you take the Castle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: December 18, 2015, 09:17:58 pm »

Or the soonest you take the Castle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: December 18, 2015, 09:23:50 pm »

I just sniped out all his buddies in vats while under the effect of a mysterious serum, and then used my skills honed from spotting stealth characters in heroes of the storm to shoot him in the face a few times with a 50 cal sniper rifle while he was stealth boy'd.

I wish I could of said something along the lines of 'You know I can still see you, right?' during the fight.  But I suppose the inch and a half long bullets entering his braincase said that well enough.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: December 19, 2015, 09:23:55 am »

Guys, at one point you have to choose a faction to help you. Are there any negative consequences with the factions you didn't pick? Am I locked out of their quests or something?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: December 19, 2015, 10:09:46 am »

Guys, at one point you have to choose a faction to help you. Are there any negative consequences with the factions you didn't pick? Am I locked out of their quests or something?

Not if it's the quest I'm thinking of. I think it can lock you out of 1 mission, but even then I'm not sure if it does.

The quests that determine your final faction loyalty don't happen until a bit later, any factions you oppose become full time enemies.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: December 19, 2015, 10:19:26 am »

Not if it's the quest I'm thinking of. I think it can lock you out of 1 mission, but even then I'm not sure if it does.

The quests that determine your final faction loyalty don't happen until a bit later, any factions you oppose become full time enemies.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: December 19, 2015, 10:22:55 am »

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: December 19, 2015, 01:21:47 pm »

So I visited a quarry. Then I found a place where people turned into ghouls (?) with a nice melee weapon.

Also, X-01 armor with Hot Rod paint and glowing blue eyes looks awesome.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: December 19, 2015, 03:27:32 pm »

IIRC all the missions which lock you out of other factions explicitly tell you so in a popup.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:46 pm »

IIRC all the missions which lock you out of other factions explicitly tell you so in a popup.
This. It'll pretty much tell you "Doing X will permanently make you an enemy of Y."
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 462