Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 792898 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Do You Know What Makes YOU S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?
« Reply #1845 on: September 21, 2015, 08:50:51 am »

The best automatic guns on NV were pretty good though. The 12mm submachinegun was pretty good, even tho the ammo was expensive and it looked ugly as hell, and the miniguns were pretty awesome. As for energy weapons, a fully modded or unique gatling laser did absurds ammount of damage to anything, specially with overcharged ammo.

I can't deny that the single shot weapons were great though. The dinner bell was my main weapon for almost the entirety of the game, since it could to decent damage to pretty much anything with the wide variety of (rather cheap) ammo and the crit rate and damage. Combined with the shotgun specific perks, you could kill pretty much anything, specially with the "And Stay Back!" perk. Legendary deathclaw? Pfffft.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:39 am »

I'm still extremely excited for the weapon customization.
It's like, got a shitty 9mm? With 100 metal and 150 fiberglass, plus a bottle, you've got a SNIPER RIFLE!
Plus a barrel and handle you can put on your other, shitty sniper rifle to make a .384 PISTOL!
Unless, of course, removed weapon parts aren't inventory items.
...I hope they are.
Black lives matter.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 21, 2015, 10:02:09 am »

I'm still extremely excited for the weapon customization.
It's like, got a shitty 9mm? With 100 metal and 150 fiberglass, plus a bottle, you've got a SNIPER RIFLE!
Plus a barrel and handle you can put on your other, shitty sniper rifle to make a .384 PISTOL!
Unless, of course, removed weapon parts aren't inventory items.
...I hope they are.
All I want for christmas is a fully auto AMR with exploding bullets.

I don't care if the ammo is expensive and the maintenance rate atrocious. Just gimme.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 21, 2015, 10:38:11 am »

I just want to creat the hand held equivalent of a tank gun :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 21, 2015, 11:12:33 am »

I mostly used energy weapons in my NV playthrough (didn't do any of the DLC, they didn't exist). Assassinated Caesar in his tent with a ballistic fist, though. While running around inside the tent, over tables, etc, to avoid being killed by his guards.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 21, 2015, 11:29:54 am »

Hey guys, what do you think about the dog? I like how it was handled in Arcanum better, btw...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 21, 2015, 11:42:36 am »

Besides the fact that Arcanum ist the best game of its time, I found it bad that you could have the dog die on you if you didn't act fast when first arriving at it's location. Eventually the dude would kick it to death...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 21, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »

Party Member Dogs in RPGs fall into three categories:

Suicidal Liabilities: Dogmeat (all Fallout dogs basically), Dragon Age's Barkspawn

Regular Party Members: Red XIII, Fable 2 dog

Hyperpowered Death Machines: Dog from Arcanum (i.e. the reason all character builds are equally viable in that game)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 21, 2015, 02:35:56 pm »

Well... I found Barkspawn my most reliable teammate. No idea why, but it became a great tank and also had decent damage*.

Agree with Dogmeat and friends though. Wonder if they revamped the AI for the new dog (and the game in general). Usually that's a highlighted change if it happens, but I don't recall it being mentioned...

Edit:fixed typo, no idea why my phone likes skipping input
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:25:37 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 21, 2015, 02:39:01 pm »

SetEssential 1 will fix dogmeat for you :) or something like that.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 21, 2015, 02:40:09 pm »

Unless you are a console player. Then why are you even playing a Bethesda games if you can't mod them?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 21, 2015, 02:56:34 pm »

Well... I found Barkspawn my most reliable teammate. No idea why, but it became a great tank and also had decent age.
I always found him and Sten to be harder to keep alive than other characters, but I've not doubt there's a way of playing them well.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 21, 2015, 03:31:50 pm »

Or you know, maybe it could not charge deathclaws or try to take guys with shotguns head on.

A good example is the varren I wrote about in the How did you last die thread. The damn thing is programmed to take a flanking route where it's behind cover and can easily get to your back undetected.

Or make it so melee disrupts aim enough that a machine gun doesn't easily turn poor dog into mash. Something like considering barrel length when determining firing range would help too...
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 21, 2015, 06:17:38 pm »

On NV guns: I am extremely disappointed that I missed the most amaze exploit ever. Apparently there used to be a exploit where you could load weapons with ammo that didn't go to them from the ammo screen. So you could power your Fat Man with 9mm ammo and such craziness. Best part though is that apparently someone got the bright idea to load the laser detonator from Lonesome Road with actual ammo, and it would still count as unlimited/wouldn't actually use up the ammo.
Twelve nukes per second go!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 462