Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 799461 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Massachusetts Driving Habits
« Reply #3150 on: November 12, 2015, 01:16:05 am »

One thing I'm impressed with, is that I'm still finding stuff to loot in Sanctuary, even though I feel like I've picked the place clean a dozen times. Like, while removing all the white picket fences, I found a cellar with some loot inside and wild mutfruit bushes outside. Or while removing furniture in one house, I found a well hidden floor safe (not the one under the crib). I also found a stimpack that had escaped my notice thus far.

This game is really bad for my OCD :D

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: November 12, 2015, 02:28:39 am »

The best part about the new dialog system is that your character says various things when skipping dialog.

Including overly disinterested "mm-hmms", scoffing, "ugh..", "dumb robot" (when talking to Codsworth), and more!
Describing it doesn't do it any justice. It's awesome.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: November 12, 2015, 02:47:16 am »

Man, institute gear is pretty swanky, got myself a focused institute laser rifle and it's been carrying me for a good while now, especially since it's become my sniper rifle.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: November 12, 2015, 03:11:20 am »

I ran out of Steel. Someone help me  :(

One thing no one further praised, is how the urban part of the map is great. I just got to the beginning of it - Cortega Assmebly Plant (or something like that) and damn. Some great combat was had.

Enemy Outposts are really cool. When they have their own guns, generator and lights deployed.
I think they should've used the Siren as a way to alarm a place of your presence, though. Enemy count is much higher than usual FO3, so it would be cool if the enemy was even more organized. For instance, the spotlight is a really neat addition.

Then again, I've only fought Raiders, Gunners, Boomers and Super Mutants, so maybe there's some more different tactics around.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: November 12, 2015, 08:01:48 am »

One thing no one further praised, is how the urban part of the map is great. I just got to the beginning of it - Cortega Assmebly Plant (or something like that) and damn. Some great combat was had.
That's easily 50% of what I've been doing since I started playing.  :P

The best part about the new dialog system is that your character says various things when skipping dialog.

Including overly disinterested "mm-hmms", scoffing, "ugh..", "dumb robot" (when talking to Codsworth), and more!
Describing it doesn't do it any justice. It's awesome.
Oh man, right? It's all these little details that are making it so much more fun.

That was also when I discovered PSA INBOUND that power armor doesn't drain energy from cores when you fast travel. As long as you've got map markers already set you can magically warp it into place for battle and leave the same way.

Oh, and yeah. The big-ass Brotherhood surprise has been in town for less than a week. While I was shooting up some supermutants a Vertibird did a flyover and shot me up. Turns out that there were Gunners inside instead of Brotherhood, so I shot it down.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not sure if this is part of their attempt at a radiant interfaction combat system, letting other factions nab Vertibirds like this. Have to say, though, things really heat up after the Brotherhood shows up to the party. No spoilers.

...and then there are the little things that are actually huge, totally, I swear.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: November 12, 2015, 08:13:32 am »

Power armour is so cathartic to break out when you have to retreat tail behind your legs from something like a deathclaw, come back and stop the bastard.
On the note, I now have three separate unused suits of power armour, it's insane.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: November 12, 2015, 08:24:26 am »

Here's another little thing: the hidden lore details are a lot more grim than it felt like they were in FO3/NV. I've stumbled across five or six really nasty recordings, logs, and tableaus. Not to mention
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:35:54 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: November 12, 2015, 08:34:17 am »

Shouldn't... shouldn't that have been spoilered?
Shitballs, hopefully I can forget that before I get a chance to play the game. Serves me right for reading this thread knowing full well it was a bad idea, though. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: November 12, 2015, 08:50:30 am »

Quick question: are you able to target Suicider enemies' bombs like you can target other enemies' weapons?
Black lives matter.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: November 12, 2015, 08:54:13 am »

Here's another little thing: the hidden lore details are a lot more grim than it felt like they were in FO3/NV. I've stumbled across five or six really nasty recordings, logs, and tableaus. Not to mention killing Red Tourette while raiding that facility and literally stepping over her cooling corpse to find letters written to her from her kidnapped sister. I spent a good three hours real-time tracking down the location mentioned in them only to find that the rival raider gang apparently accidentally killed her.

Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: November 12, 2015, 09:06:48 am »

So, what are the worst bugs you guys encountered so far? I just had my first CTD for unknown reason, but 15+ hours in and with a autosave system that fires roughly every five steps its merely inconvenient.

The worst real bug I encountered was when I first found dogmeat and tried to use the chemistry station. Queue molerat ambush. Exited the station....and realized I was apparently paralyzed turning in circles. Happened a second time when I accidentally a computer another Companion was using.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: November 12, 2015, 09:10:34 am »

Personally I've heard of the Dogmeat Tornado of Death glitch, involving Dogmeat spontaneously rising into the sky and every enemy around him dying inexplicably, with Dogmeat ending up back on the ground right after.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: November 12, 2015, 09:17:46 am »

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: November 12, 2015, 09:19:33 am »

No, that's reserved for Rubber Deathclaw Helicopters.
Black lives matter.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:48 am »

I heard that Beth plans on hosting mods themselves. Has me worried, stinks of the paid modding debacle which you know we haven't seen the last of.

Hopefully we will still have to option to use Nexus.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 462