Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 792810 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Casuels Killed The Video Game
« Reply #4905 on: December 17, 2015, 10:29:10 pm »

Anti-radiation is Vodka. Drink enough of that and it'll remove all radiation from your body. Maybe some kind of vodka mini-nuke will help the ghouls...
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:02 pm »

Well there is no "radiation" in the Fallout sense :P  Fallout's radiation is a combination pulp "sci-fi" ideas and misconceptions.  So an energy ray (particularly a very rare one) which counters radiation would fit just fine.  Or just... nice friendly radiation which fixes cells (and causes ghouls!  I like my theory)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: December 18, 2015, 02:33:41 am »

Has anyone had a bug where can't load the game at all?  Apparently it's just stuck loading forever, every time, for a friend of mine.
They have 8GB RAM (more than me) so it isn't that.  Verified the game files and updated video drivers.
Hoping that someone else has encountered this and may have advice.  I had infinite-loading "soft" crashes in NV, but this is every time on startup.
Also tried launching the game as admin, and also launching Steam as admin, no luck.

Unrelated, but I just met the Railroad and...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:35:34 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: December 18, 2015, 02:43:38 am »

Railroad related spoiler:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:45:53 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: December 18, 2015, 02:57:22 am »

Finishing on Institute's side and reactions from Nick:

Is it even possible to ask the Institute guys why they are making copies of people and killing originals? And why they did experiment with FEV?  Seriously, why would they even have any of it? Does everybody have FEV stored in their pockets?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: December 18, 2015, 03:09:19 am »

That's possible?  Huh, definitely not reading that, but I hope it's cool.  Has potential.

Sounds kinda like the

By the way, the third and second tiers of the pacification perks should really be switched.  The progression should be:
1) Stop attacking me!
2) Okay, now let me loot you.
3) Kill your friends!

It should also give at *least* partial XP credit, too.  I'm already hard-pressed to justify walking instead of fast traveling, the last thing I need is for my 10-CHA ability to rob me of XP AND LOOT

I've kinda given in and started murdering people after they surrender, occasionally, depending on mood (mostly animals/super mutants).  The game mechanics strongly encourage it (loot AND XP, no penalty whatsoever).  And again, stealing from a surrendered person makes Nick complain.  Murder them in cold blood, he doesn't break a sweat.  Not that it's an option.
She/they

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:41 am »

Is it even possible to ask the Institute guys why they are making copies of people and killing originals? And why they did experiment with FEV?  Seriously, why would they even have any of it? Does everybody have FEV stored in their pockets?

Actually yes - basically everyone on the planet is infected with some form of FEV iirc.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: December 18, 2015, 08:06:29 am »

Actually yes - basically everyone on the planet is infected with some form of FEV iirc.
Isn't that why the Enclave was so hell-bent on the whole human purity thing?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: December 18, 2015, 08:20:39 am »

Found that during the start of the game, if you go straight to the tv after making your character you can see an ad for the Fat Man.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: December 18, 2015, 08:34:28 am »

I find it unusual given the weapon the Fatman is based off of was a niche weapon.

Though in Fallout 4 it seems like everyone had a Fatman....

THEN AGAIN this area was the area where the Fatman repository was... so if any play is going to have a metric ton of them it is here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: December 18, 2015, 08:38:08 am »

Hey, anyone know the story behind that maze in Fallons Department Store's parking deck? I just discovered it by accident and its fascinating and is there a quest connected to it or something?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: December 18, 2015, 08:38:46 am »

Found that during the start of the game, if you go straight to the tv after making your character you can see an ad for the Fat Man.

'Well hello there Timmy! What's that you got there?'
'It's my Fat Man mister!'
'What's it for? Does it help you throw baseballs further?'
'No mister, it helps me blow up communist invaders!'
'Ahahaha, Timmy you rambunctious patriotic scamp.'

BUY FAT MEN TO PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN FROM THE RED MENACE! ONLY NUCLEAR BOMBS CAN SLAY THE CHINESE! PRAISE DEMOCRACY OR DIE!
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: December 18, 2015, 08:49:50 am »

Hey, anyone know the story behind that maze in Fallons Department Store's parking deck? I just discovered it by accident and its fascinating and is there a quest connected to it or something?
None that I could find, but I found it a very cool little side thing.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:54 am »

I've had fallout lock up on loading very frequently, I assumed it was just steam being bullshit. I force quit steam and try again.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: December 18, 2015, 09:24:03 am »

None that I could find, but I found it a very cool little side thing.
HA! I got the mini nuke and fusion cores flawlessly on the first try.

In other news, am I the only one who really REALLY likes Travis (Diamond City Radio host) better while he's spineless? On the radio I mean. After THREEEEEEE DAWWWWWWG and Mr. New Vegas I feel having a total ditz as the host to be refreshing and also ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS.

Favorite has to be when he's introducing Magnolia's "Train Train" and then immediately regrets it :P
That's also gotta be my fav song in this now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 462