Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 798763 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #5535 on: March 07, 2016, 08:29:47 pm »

I prefer to think of them more as a bunch of dicks with an airship. As in, dickery first, amazing one-of-a-kind tech second.
Black lives matter.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: March 07, 2016, 08:42:20 pm »

BoS strikes me as losers, based on a FO4-only interpretation. They march around in power armor yet I'm always finding them dead, or pinned down by some shit I kill casually. Every one of them is a regulation asshole. So far their excursion into the Commonwealth looks like a comedy of errors.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: March 07, 2016, 10:42:33 pm »

Well. They're not. They are however douchebags except for Fallout 3's group which is now the FO4 group I think? Point is, they're really not that shit when they're coordinated and not being super-dicks.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: March 07, 2016, 10:50:33 pm »

They'd generally survive 100x better if they didn't use vertibirds.  Vertibird crash has to be far and away the primary cause of KIA reports among the BoS.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: March 08, 2016, 12:13:29 am »

Well. They're not. They are however douchebags except for Fallout 3's group which is now the FO4 group I think? Point is, they're really not that shit when they're coordinated and not being super-dicks.
I still haven't played past the initial scene of the Institute but...
They're kinda douchey in FO4 though it's in direct response to the Institute abducting people and replacing them with synths, supposedly.  And also definitely filling the area with murderous killbots.  So they don't trust synths or the Institute.
And they don't trust super mutants because East Coast super mutants are idiotic cannibalistic kidnappers, with like 2 (possibly temporary) exceptions.
As for ghouls, I never actually saw them do anything hostile towards a non-feral ghoul.  But maybe in light of the killer death bots and super mutants everywhere, they may be rude to a ghoul you bring onto their high-security fortress.  (Particularly since it's probably Hancock, I mean, the guy runs a weird libertarian commune and is chill with his cohorts being murdered, sometimes by his own hand.  I wouldn't trust him.)

Basically they aren't so bad in FO4, but were never bad in the other games either.  Just disrespectful until you earn respect, which seems to rub some gamers the wrong way (mainly thinking about my brother here, not you).

Edit:  Oh but it is funny how they keep dying because they suck at vertibirds.  Also the first time my brother showed me the vertibird travel system, it flew straight through a tree.  Only didn't die because apparently it just noclips when you're in it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: March 08, 2016, 08:51:12 am »

The FO4 Brotherhood are the same as the FO3 ones, but they've developed into a new branch of Brotherhood under Maxson, much like they had under Lyons. They follow a more militarised command structure (started by Lyons) and have more power centralised in a single Elder when compared to the west coast Brotherhood.

Maxson's generally dickish behaviour comes as a result of being raised in the Capitol Wasteland, which was more of a mess than the NCR region they lived in on the west coast. He was appointed to be leader after a number of ineffectual Elders kept making bad decisions while trying to keep to Lyons' philosophy of helping people and being guardians of the wasteland settlements. Maxson basically said 'screw that shit' and decided that it was more practical to focus on scouring the wasteland of mutants, feral ghouls and other such threats. He also managed to get the more traditional Outcasts back into the fold, which probably affected the rest of the Brotherhood's outlook on things.

Since the Brotherhood had been struggling under previous Elders they took to this new more authoritarian rhetoric promising change like ducks to water. There's an element of historical revisionism among the Brotherhood in FO4, some of the NPCs comment in passing that Lyons was a weak and bad leader, even though he was quite popular, if controversial, among them in FO3.

The Brotherhood of FO4 are different from the other versions in that they're basically an authoritarian military junta lead by a demagogue. They do care about civilian life to a certain extent, but they place their own needs and goals above the sanctity of human life. Compare to the west coast Brotherhood who cared about people, protecting technology from the ravages of time and were willing to make deals with other groups, and were lead by a council of the oldest members, and to the FO3 east coast Brotherhood who placed protecting people above technology and had a largely civilian leadership headed by their oldest member who held his rank as a result of the traditional power structure they had left behind.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: March 08, 2016, 08:53:59 am »

They'd generally survive 100x better if they didn't use vertibirds.  Vertibird crash has to be far and away the primary cause of KIA reports among the BoS.
METAL MAN NO FLY
IF METAL MAN MEANT TO FLY HAVE METAL WINGS
LIKE JETPACK
JETPACK FINE

So anyway have they seriously STILL not released the modding tools?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: March 08, 2016, 10:21:11 am »

METAL MAN NO FLY
LIKE JETPACK
JETPACK FINE

They have shitty expansions to sell first.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:52 am »

I didn't know you have inside knowledge of Bethesda's offices and content, BigD :P
They're releasing them some time in April.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: March 08, 2016, 12:33:19 pm »

Combat rifles with .308 are fun. Really fun.

Killing-deathclaws-in-roughly-30-rounds fun.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: March 08, 2016, 01:57:28 pm »

METAL MAN NO FLY
LIKE JETPACK
JETPACK FINE

I highly recommend the mod that amps the survivability of vertibirds. I don't know what the devs were thinking with these 1hp ones.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: March 10, 2016, 08:04:04 pm »

METAL MAN NO FLY
LIKE JETPACK
JETPACK FINE

Then why are they releasing it in april, when they'll only have one dlc out by then?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: March 10, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »

METAL MAN NO FLY
LIKE JETPACK
JETPACK FINE

Then why are they releasing it in april, when they'll only have one dlc out by then?

Shhhh, don't interrupt the circlejerk in its natural habitat.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: March 10, 2016, 10:36:41 pm »

And on top of that, its the cheapest DLC to.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: March 11, 2016, 01:48:34 am »

You say that like people buy DLCs individually.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 462