Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Steam refund program!  (Read 40892 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam refund program!
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2015, 02:04:37 pm »

It's an FPS, dude, not a CYOA. How much meaningful choice did DOOM have, or COD?
(SO:tL was the "exception" that proves the rule- it was still over 99% rails)
Yes, but DOOM never pretended to be meaningful and artistic.
You're right, the plot to DOOM is literally "John, you must fight the demons!". However most "modern" FPSs do offer plot (and no choice) - they're supposed to be action movies with (IRL) skill checks in the middle.
Considering the original doom was also made as a bet along the lines of 'bet we can't make a game using this engine!'  So..... yeah.

On the topic of the actual refund program, dear god thank you.  So many games I've bought recently that claim I can run them fine who won't actually play... time to make a massive list and see if I can get refunds on them all dispite being bought a long time ago since 'I didn't know the refund system existed, but it'd be swell if you could...'
Nom nom nom

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2015, 02:27:36 pm »

What's SO:TL?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2015, 02:28:25 pm »

What's SO:tL?
Spec Ops: the Line. Aka story shooter the game.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2015, 03:18:50 pm »

The main character's personality or lack thereof also comes into play when they're not only the main thing that has carried over from the first game to the sequel but also apparently some kind of messianic figure; that whole part of the Half-Life 2 plotline kind of reminds me of the Adventure Time episode where the goblins made an inanimate statue their king, it's also sort of reminiscent of The Life of Brian, but it doesn't work when played straight though, it only works in a comedy.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2015, 12:03:00 am »

The main character's personality or lack thereof also comes into play when they're not only the main thing that has carried over from the first game to the sequel but also apparently some kind of messianic figure; that whole part of the Half-Life 2 plotline kind of reminds me of the Adventure Time episode where the goblins made an inanimate statue their king, it's also sort of reminiscent of The Life of Brian, but it doesn't work when played straight though, it only works in a comedy.

You clearly have a lot to say about this game. Perhaps you should start a thread for it? Or write a game review on Steam, or on a blog?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]