Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cryptbeards: A fortress of pugilistic traditions where life is cheap.  (Read 924 times)

The_Scoundrel_M

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Cryptbeards is a fortress deep in the grip of whimsy.

It was founded with the intention of being a learning exercise. The idea was to play DF live on twitch and let the community be my guide. Thankfully the fortress-heads came out in support and what could have been a messy and short attempt has become a relatively epic endeavour.

Sure the frame rate is bad, yeah I'm not 100% on top of the fort, of course my ill conceived vampire military has killed more dwarves than any invaders have (this could be hyperbole, I haven't actually checked) but dammit we've learned a lot.

We've learned that no matter the odds, dwarves will attempt to and succeed at killing anything that strays into their territory; with their bare fists.
We've learned that mucking about with water can really destroy your fps.
We've also learned that naming dwarves after viewers in no way protects them from the many grizzly fates that potentially await them.
It's a messy fort, it's an ugly fort but it's still going! Who knows how long we can keep it up?

Thankfully for those of you who's interest has been piqued by this post, the prior sessions have not been cast into the ether never to be seen again. They were diligently recorded and saved for posterity on YouTube. If you have 42 hours and thirty seconds to spare, why not check out the 18 episodes recorded so far? If you want to join us live for some learnology and educationisation you'll have to find us on twitch. Good luck. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL91jYToMgVfpMO-EvGbduhB58m8fqTU3p