Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Ice Station WereZebra  (Read 53547 times)

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Station WereZebra
« Reply #270 on: November 17, 2015, 12:49:10 am »

What version was this fort on?

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:28 am »

What version was this fort on?

Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2015, 12:13:50 pm »

I have an idea so I'm grabbing the save and checking it out, but I need to reread the thread and make sure I'm conversant in the details. I don't want to kill the fortress in my confusion. I've only down early turns in succession forts.

Edit: It seems to work with just a little texture confusion. If I made DeMarco a character DDDragoni, what would he be in for? I'm tempted to say he was sent to Icehold for running an illegal exotic animal market, smuggling dragon whelps. People like em when they're small and cute but then...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:50:32 pm by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2015, 04:21:41 pm »

Edit: It seems to work with just a little texture confusion.
Since it's a vanilla game, here's how you can fix the texture confusion:

* Go to \Dwarf Fortress\data\save\Icehold\ and delete the folder called "raw".
* Now go to \Dwarf Fortress\ and copy the folder called "raw".
* Finally, paste that folder back into the first spot: \Dwarf Fortress\data\save\Icehold\

This will completely reset the save back to default ASCII. You can then use the LNP to set it to whichever tileset you prefer (or do it manually if you're hip).

Note that this will also reset any mods. If you want to keep the mods, I think you need to copy only the "graphics" subfolder of \raw\. Icehold is vanilla, though, so that won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 04:24:50 pm by QuQuasar »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2015, 04:45:16 pm »

* Finally, paste that folder back into the first spot: \Dwarf Fortress\data\save\Icehold\

This will completely reset the save back to default ASCII. You can then use the LNP to set it to whichever tileset you prefer (or do it manually if you're hip).

Note that this will also reset any mods. If you want to keep the mods, I think you need to copy only the "graphics" subfolder of \raw\. Icehold is vanilla, though, so that won't be a problem.
Replacing the raws may require the reset of the population cap. This can be done easily using the loading page of the launcher utility thing.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »

I am so not hip. I had to literally phone a friend to remember how to use BBCode a month or so back because the only regular forum going I ever did was during the glory days of Homestuck. I'll try the copy and paste thing, I do know about the population cap in the launcher at least. I make use of it in my personal forts in a sad attempt to thwart lag. It works for awhile. The caverns always do me in eventually. Speaking of my rediscovered ability to do URL links in BBCode, since I'm doing a reread maybe I'll make a sort of recap post linking to all the stuff missed in the OP. Probably not totally helpful but it might help me keep things straight.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:50 pm »

Icehold is probably overdue for a new thread in order to provide it with an up-to-date cover page.

I keep wanting to do so myself, but I'm sposed (totally a word) to be maintaining both Breadbowl and Bonepillar, which is enough for me. Adding another one would probably tip me over the edge into unbridled power madness. Cue "In the year 2015, Quasar laid a series of oppressive edicts upon the Bay12 forums."

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2015, 08:32:15 pm »

I have an idea so I'm grabbing the save and checking it out, but I need to reread the thread and make sure I'm conversant in the details. I don't want to kill the fortress in my confusion. I've only down early turns in succession forts.

Edit: It seems to work with just a little texture confusion. If I made DeMarco a character DDDragoni, what would he be in for? I'm tempted to say he was sent to Icehold for running an illegal exotic animal market, smuggling dragon whelps. People like em when they're small and cute but then...

Do whatever you want with DeMarco- I think I forfeited any claim I may have had on him when I forgot he existed. As far as textures go, I used ASCII, so LNP should be able to fix it.

Icehold is probably overdue for a new thread in order to provide it with an up-to-date cover page.

I keep wanting to do so myself, but I'm sposed (totally a word) to be maintaining both Breadbowl and Bonepillar, which is enough for me. Adding another one would probably tip me over the edge into unbridled power madness. Cue "In the year 2015, Quasar laid a series of oppressive edicts upon the Bay12 forums."

I may take a shot at this later, if everyone's alright with it.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2015, 10:41:28 pm »

Do whatever you want with DeMarco- I think I forfeited any claim I may have had on him when I forgot he existed. As far as textures go, I used ASCII, so LNP should be able to fix it.

I may take a shot at this later, if everyone's alright with it.

I'd be in favor of that. I could do it but I feel obligated to admit that I'm not the most reliable internet going. Sooner or later, something will come up and I won't visit these forums for a month or six and Icehold's already been through that once.

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2015, 12:12:22 am »

If I take a turn it will have to be after.thanksgiving. The plant I work at is working me 6-7 days a week till then.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2015, 12:36:25 am »

So I guess I'm starting a new thread then. Send me quotes/excerpts/pictures/things you want me to include on the front page post and I'll start putting something together!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:02:16 am by DDDragoni »
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2015, 02:03:47 pm »

At least you'll be able to give a more accurate name... I swear I'm going to get rereading this thread just as soon as the damned dizziness from my stupid, stupid ears passes.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2015, 04:18:29 pm »

I FOUND WHAT THE THREAD NAME IS REFERENCING

Quasar, why did you have to write your turn in so many parts? It's like you were trying to make a coherent and well-written story or something. Linking is annoying...

Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2015, 04:24:14 pm »

I FOUND WHAT THE THREAD NAME IS REFERENCING

Quasar, why did you have to write your turn in so many parts? It's like you were trying to make a coherent and well-written story or something. Linking is annoying...
Wow, that's actually clever. Nice find. almost makes you not want to rename this thing after all.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2015, 04:37:03 pm »

What image should I use for the new OP?

Spoiler: Armok Vision (click to show/hide)

Or something else?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20