Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81]

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 179899 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!
« Reply #1200 on: November 26, 2018, 07:49:39 pm »

I think this might be it guys, it's been nearly 5 months since the OP last logged on. Did someone say they wanted to try and update this themselves?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 29, 2018, 07:00:40 pm »

I think a few people did I hope someone does I liked playing with this mod and would love to see it expanded...and the wiki/guide to be something I can look at again. @.@

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 29, 2018, 08:02:48 pm »

It's not much, but this is my copy of Nidokoenig's very old, first take at a pony mod from back in 0.31.x, which I've updated every version until the last.  It should work in 0.43.x, and probably works in the newest version too but I haven't tested it.

Dropbox Link

To be clear, the mod I'm linking does not have many of the features of Sorcerer's mod, such as research and replacement materials for animal products that ponies probably shouldn't use.  It is a little more sophisticated than Nidokoenig's original mod, however, since it includes ponies (but no alicorns), zebras, yaks, buffalo, "horses" (Saddle Arabians), griffons and diamond dogs (as a proper civilization and with show accurate size, meaning they're very dangerous).  It also has correct body plans and connections for joints, which I believe Nidokoenig's mod didn't.  No idea if Sorcerer's did.  I believe Sorcerer's mod also did some things to ponies to make it so that they didn't have to wear clothes (by removing their lower bodies, I think), but in my copy of the mod they expect clothes like a dwarf would.

The mod linked also does not include anything noncanon, to my knowledge, like my attempts at making draconequuses in my community forts, nor does it include the noncanon species or castes from Nidokoenig's mod.

Edit: Oh, and if I remember right, this mod also includes a sawmill for converting logs into 4 wooden blocks each.  It was made back before multiple tile trees where that was very useful.  There's also a display case, which you might want to remove since I think modern DF already includes one.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:04:36 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 24, 2019, 09:35:56 pm »

What would have to be done to make this mod work with the current version of Dwarf Fortress? And I do mean this thread's mod, not the update of the old one Telgin posted.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 01, 2019, 02:01:15 pm »

It looks like it should work. Will test.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 08, 2019, 01:13:56 pm »

It looks like it should work. Will test.

Any update on the test?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 08, 2019, 06:37:30 pm »

It only takes a second to test since you just have to install it on a modern copy of Dwarf Fortress. I tested it, it works. There are a few minor bugs, but I think those are unrelated to the version.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 23, 2019, 11:02:25 am »

Any update on the test?

Back after a long time. Yes it works, but you've got to setup the keybindings for the [C]ivilizations page, but that's about it.
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 24, 2019, 11:07:06 am »

Oooh, I'd be pretty excited for this to finally be updated
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 05, 2019, 08:18:09 pm »

dead mod

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: September 14, 2019, 12:38:02 pm »

I'd be interested in continuing development for this. Though you'd have to be patient with me, as the most I've done modding wise so far is drugs for FOE. So there'd be a bit of experimentation and guesswork on my end.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 16, 2019, 04:58:25 pm »

Alright, I updated it to 44.12 and added the missing keybindings. Let me know if anything is out of sorts and i'll fix it.

Wondering if I should make a new thread in relation to this. Also gonna be thinking on what to add to the mod (other then bug fixes) so let me know if you have any ideas.

Click here to download it.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 16, 2019, 09:32:34 pm »

I'd strongly recommend the new thread. It'll communicate that the mod is under new management and give your version much more visibility.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81]