Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.8): Now on 42.6!  (Read 43188 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod: Ready for general use (but not 100% done)! (A0.6)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 11:19:41 am »

Yes, you need to install DFHack (that's automatic for me, so I forgot about it).

A preview of what is included would be too long to post, but if you download the package and launch the Rubble web UI with it installed you can read the addon description for "First Landing/Base" for detailed documentation, including workshop preview images generated using your currently installed tileset :)

I would like to run an LP or succession fort, but I don't have internet at home so it would be impossible to keep up with. I did do a write up of my latest testing settlement, there is a link to the downloadable Rubble external documentation addon that contains it in the first post (or there will be in a second anyway).

I do need to update my profile, but I am out of room, and can't quite bring myself to sacrifice NOKEAS :)

Anyway, A0.7 will be up shortly, and it brings a lot of bug fixes :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod: Ready for general use (but not 100% done)! (A0.7)
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »

Would you happen to have a download link to DF Hack?  I'm having a bit of trouble finding it alone.

EDIT: Found it

Sorry, but I can't get the mod to work.  Following error in generation of raws:
Code: [Select]
  plant_fake_default.txt
  reaction_adventure.txt
  reaction_armorer.txt
  reaction_bonecarver.txt
Run time:  463.0265ms
Error: Error in call to: "foreach": Attempt to range over non-Indexable. Near: aaa_libs_base.pre.rhn|L:46|C:28
UI Transition: "/log"

You really should have an all-in-one download if you really want people to play this mod.

EDIT: Added log of where error occurred.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod: Ready for general use (but not 100% done)! (A0.7)
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 09:58:19 am »

I decided to provide a preinstalled version :) but while assembling it I discovered the same bug you did, sigh.

In a second A0.8 will be up. A0.8 fixes that bug and a few others.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod: It's all over but the tweaking! (A0.8)
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 10:36:35 am »

A0.9 will probably be available in a few weeks, but it won't have much new content. Sadly I haven't had much time to play DF lately, so I also haven't done much modding. Hopefully this will change.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod: It's all over but the tweaking! (A0.9)
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2015, 11:46:29 am »

A0.9 is up!

No new content, but I still needed a new version to fix a issue with Rubble 6.16 compatibility.

It looks like the preinstalled version is fairly popular, twice as many downloads as the normal version... I had no idea players were so lazy :p

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 07:02:17 pm »

I'm lazy, admittedly, but it's not really about laziness though. When I first wanted to try this mod out, I was SO lost with rubble, gave up in the middle of it.

You are kind of demanding players to use a very unconventional method to install mods, you need to take that into account.

Which is why I greatly appreciate the pre-installed version. Good job.

Emperor of Carp

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [ETHIC:EAT_DWARF:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2015, 12:25:21 pm »

Had a look with that preinstalled copy. So many new workshops, holy shit.

Have you thought of publishing a quick-start guide so people can get into it?
Do you even know what a google is?

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 08:38:34 am »

I'd like a list of required labors for the new workshops and reactions as well. My idiots are standing around useless because nobody's willing to unpack the crates of tools I brought.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2015, 06:03:10 pm »

I have absolutely no idea how to transfer power from my windmill to my machine shop.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2015, 11:41:07 am »

If you have the preinstalled version run "Run Rubble.exe", wait for your web browser to open, then select "List of all addons". In the resulting page select "First Landing/Base". Documentation! Complete with pictures of the workshops and a getting started guide.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 02:41:15 pm »

Not at my computer right now, but if I recall that only ex xp lains the basic concept.  I know where I need to send the power, but not how to do it.  I can't get power into the axles.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 03:11:07 pm »

You get power from windmills or water wheels, just like vanilla. If wind and water are too difficult you could also build a power plant (which burns various materials, see the documentation).

I can't remember if I ported the geothermal plant or not, but if so it would be in one of the optional addons.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 11:27:52 pm »

But how do I hook up the power source to the workshop?  That's what I'm confused on.  I get that it has to do with axles and gearboxes, but I can't figure out where to place them in relation to the windmill, and I don't think there's any instruction for that anywhere.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 12:32:37 pm »

That has nothing to do with First Landing, it is a vanilla DF thing. If you want instructions for how vanilla machines work check the wiki (I'll even give you a link to help you get started).

The windmill page
More useful info, definitely read this!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7