Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.8): Now on 42.6!  (Read 43186 times)

nefariousD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.3): Now on 42.5!
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2016, 08:49:22 am »

I can't seem to add 'collect sand' or 'collect clay' jobs to the Resource Collection Area.. my precious pottery is gone again!  :'(
I noticed this comment in the raws right above the definition for the resource collection area:

# This workshop has the "collect sand" and "collect clay" jobs added by DFHack.

I don't have dfhack installed currently because theres no release yet for 42.06.. could that be why the 'collect clay' and 'collect sand' jobs are missing?

Also there are no jobs listed for the Memorial Engraver..

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2016, 03:12:56 pm »

DFHack is required! First Landing cannot, repeat cannot, run at all without DFHack!

So much stuff will be broken with no DFHack that it is easier to list what will work than what won't work... Stick to 42.5 for now.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:35 pm »

DFHack is required! First Landing cannot, repeat cannot, run at all without DFHack!

So much stuff will be broken with no DFHack that it is easier to list what will work than what won't work... Stick to 42.5 for now.
Yeah, you can use Rubble's dev tool to generate non-DFHack-dependent raws, but any use of "Rubble" features within those raws depends entirely on having DFHack running.

Milo, for non-DeRubblized raws, maybe insert a game-breaking bit that gets fixed by the Rubble module handler upon launch?  Something like an invalid extension on entity_default?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2016, 03:55:35 pm »

Hmm, not sure how to go about that, but it may be possible... The problem is that having the game crash when loading a FL settlement without DFHack may give a bad first impression...

Rubble works fine without DFHack, just with a much reduced addon list (try clicking the button to hide DFHack addons in the web UI and you will see what I mean). First Landing uses just about every DFHack/Rubble feature there is. AFAIK FL uses more DFHack code than any other mod in existence!
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

nefariousD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2016, 08:30:04 am »

Ahh ok, thanks everyone.. for some reason I was thinking I should be using 42.06. Itching to get on that version so I can start issuing dump orders to caged invaders..  :D

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.4): Now on 42.5!
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »

1.4 is up! This version is nothing but a compatibility fix for Rubble 7.5.0, nothing to get excited about...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.5): Now on 42.6!
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2016, 12:38:44 pm »

1.5 is up!

This version contains a few minor bug-fixes, nothing critical.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫

Milo this new reaction in FL1.5
{!BONECARVER_ITEM;GOBLET;crutch;CRUTCH:NONE;1;2}
Should be
{!BONECARVER_ITEM;CRUTCH;crutch;CRUTCH:NONE;1;2}
Little bug.

I would like to use the first landing industry with the gnomes addon, as they are a high tech race...

::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 02:36:14 pm »

Damn, copy/paste strikes again...

Space-fairing gnomes? Seems silly but that is personal taste :P AFAIK it should be possible, not sure if it would need compatibility fixes or not, but if it does they would probably be limited to inserting templates to register industries to the gnome entity.

If you don't want to wait for me just create a .rbl file and add calls to !ATTACH_INDUSTRY (look in the building files for the existing calls).

I don't use ADDON_HOOK_PLAYABLE in FL for the simple reason that I originally intended to allow you to play as other alien races, and each was going to have it's own unique blend of industries (I may yet do that).

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.6): Now on 42.6!
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2016, 11:49:11 am »

1.6 is up!

This version rewrites the way industry reactions are generated so that they all pull from the same list of items. In general things should look more-or-less the same to a user, but they are simpler to modify for me :)

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2016, 04:14:42 am »

Space-fairing gnomes? Seems silly but that is personal taste...
The Bromeliad Trilogy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nome_Trilogy)  by Terry Pratchett is just that, a very nice reading for all the ages!
Very similar to the argument of First Landing, but that is only visible when you complete the 3rd volume: Wings  :D
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.6): Now on 42.6!
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »

Apparently nobody noticed (is that good or bad?), but the automatic packaging script goofed big time while compressing 1.6, so a lot of important stuff was missing.

1.7 (up now) fixes a few bugs, and actually includes everything it should :)

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Rubble] First Landing mod (1.7): Now on 42.6!
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »

can you get this mod to also work without rubble cause i dont feel safe with losing my raws
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »

can you get this mod to also work without rubble cause i dont feel safe with losing my raws
Just keep a copy of your working raw folder somewhere safe like outside the entire DF folder structure.  If you're really paranoid, keep it on another computer.  Perhaps at the Stargate Command Beta Site.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2016, 07:21:02 am »

I generally recommend that you use a different copy of DF for Rubble, since it (Rubble) feels free to trash any files it can recreate. The obvious problem with this is that if you are making manual changes to stuff they will go up in a puff of smoke (not literally, but they do not pass the recycle bin and do not collect $200).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7