Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104755 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #255 on: September 25, 2015, 10:34:11 pm »

We neither need answers nor does Eve require any kind of gift.
Do we need it? No. Do i have a chronic need to gamble and risk? Yes!
 Besides, a gift from the god of war may be just the thing we need to keep eve alive, or we could ask her for all the enemy's troop movements, and eve would have one hell of a reputation as a scout.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 25, 2015, 11:26:56 pm »

I'm gambling we have to hide more often than we have to heal from stabbings.  Please don't leave, helmacon, we need your help to keep Eve safe!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 25, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

lol, yea. I didn't mean i was actually leaving the game, I just wanted to make a lotr quote.

also, lets only agree so long as her favor is not Eve.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2015, 12:45:38 am »

The stakes are uneven.  Three questions or an indeterminate gift versus an indeterminate favor?  The pot is stacked in her favour, and that's without even knowing the nature of the bet we're taking.  It's a cruel, idle, bored god who gambles with the lives of men.

...and yet...

Maybe I'm just feeling risky tonight, but my gut says take it.  Who dares, wins, right? She'll owe us three answers or a gift, and nothing says we have to ask those questions now.

Take the bet, but Eve is off the table.

"My Sibyl is not a prize to be won or lost.  You may take whatever favor you wish should you win, so long as Eve remains untouched."

Edit:  Do we even know what we would ask, should we win and choose the answers?  If we can't come up with 3 significant questions, I say we take the gift.  An Artifact from the literal God of War would be the best buff we could possibly give her for now.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:53:13 am by evictedSaint »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2015, 12:52:53 am »

plus her brother might tip things in our favor...

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2015, 02:33:49 pm »

I saw do not bet. But if people are certain that we must, make sure Eve is off the table. If she is not please don't bet because she will take Eve.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2015, 02:43:00 pm »

The stakes are uneven.  Three questions or an indeterminate gift versus an indeterminate favor?  The pot is stacked in her favour, and that's without even knowing the nature of the bet we're taking.  It's a cruel, idle, bored god who gambles with the lives of men.

...and yet...

Maybe I'm just feeling risky tonight, but my gut says take it.  Who dares, wins, right? She'll owe us three answers or a gift, and nothing says we have to ask those questions now.

Take the bet, but Eve is off the table.

"My Sibyl is not a prize to be won or lost.  You may take whatever favor you wish should you win, so long as Eve remains untouched."

Edit:  Do we even know what we would ask, should we win and choose the answers?  If we can't come up with 3 significant questions, I say we take the gift.  An Artifact from the literal God of War would be the best buff we could possibly give her for now.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and assume everyone wants to ask what the wager is before they actually bet.

"Its quite simple, little god. I choose someone, you choose someone, they fight. Winner takes all. And since you're new, I'll let you decide the scale of the engagement. And don't look so pale, you don't have to choose your little girl, nor will I take her from you if I win. I'm capricious, not cruel...Or so I'm told (she looks to George, who just smiles)." You don't really believe the latter bit, but she seems to speak in earnest.

(Now) WDYD?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »

"Two Battalion captains will see each other on the battlefield. They'll trow their men sort of like those over their.." We point some dudes out.

"..An the one from Eve's nations will triumph by taking out the head of their commander. Deal?"

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2015, 04:17:57 pm »

I'm trying to imagine how Eve would react, knowing her god was betting on the lives of men like common dice.  I think that if we made any bet, it would be Eve versus Ishtar's champion - any other bet would be unjust and ill-fitting for a god such as ourselves.

You excuse yourself from the company of the Gods for but a moment.  Like a feather drifting from the heavens, your presence alights on Eve's shoulder, a neigh imperceptable weight that she feels immediately.  "Child of Alore," you whisper into her mind.  "Now the time has come.  A rare opportunity is presented before you; an Artifact from Ishtar, Goddess of War and Love.  A powerful item, Her Blessing, Her Pardon, Her Key to Her House - this shalt be yours, should you choose to take it.  But be wary, child. Nothing can be gained without Something, and this Something is the life of an Enemy.  You are young, yes, but your hands are steady and your Heart is Fire.  You may choose to spare this unknown soldier, or you may choose to slay, but whatever choice you make know that I, your God, Alore, will be with you always.  You do not fight alone.

What is thy choice, Mortal?"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2015, 07:01:59 pm »

I was a bit confused how we went talking to a Goddess of war when she left to talking to George and her.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2015, 06:24:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

how's it looking, guys?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2015, 06:28:00 am »

The face and neck look a bit too boyish, but the body is good.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2015, 06:45:09 am »

It is surprisingly difficult to draw a female disgused as a male like a female.  I need to go back and adjust the facial structure at some point. -_-

A big part of the additional boyish charm came frome the blood-caked eyes.  Dark eye pits is a masculine feature, and I might have over done it
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:26:27 pm by evictedSaint »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 27, 2015, 07:33:02 am »

Huh. I thought the eye pits were because she's the avatar of the of the god of Rabbits.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:40:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47