Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104797 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2015, 08:35:13 pm »

I'm trying to imagine how Eve would react, knowing her god was betting on the lives of men like common dice.  I think that if we made any bet, it would be Eve versus Ishtar's champion - any other bet would be unjust and ill-fitting for a god such as ourselves.

You excuse yourself from the company of the Gods for but a moment.  Like a feather drifting from the heavens, your presence alights on Eve's shoulder, a neigh imperceptable weight that she feels immediately.  "Child of Alore," you whisper into her mind.  "Now the time has come.  A rare opportunity is presented before you; an Artifact from Ishtar, Goddess of War and Love.  A powerful item, Her Blessing, Her Pardon, Her Key to Her House - this shalt be yours, should you choose to take it.  But be wary, child. Nothing can be gained without Something, and this Something is the life of an Enemy.  You are young, yes, but your hands are steady and your Heart is Fire.  You may choose to spare this unknown soldier, or you may choose to slay, but whatever choice you make know that I, your God, Alore, will be with you always.  You do not fight alone.

What is thy choice, Mortal?"
+1 Ask Eve her opinion before betting on her.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2015, 08:44:39 pm »

It is surprisingly difficult to draw a female disgused as a male like a female.  I need to go back and adjust the facial structure at some point. -_-

A big part of the additional boyish charm came frome the blood-caked eyes.  Dark eye pits is a masculine feature, and I might have over done it

You don't need to draw her as a female disguised as a male (at least not with regards to the face). Draw a feminine face, with short hair. It looks good to me either way, but I am a philistine :P

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 27, 2015, 08:52:43 pm »

Update tonight bahihs?  :D

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 27, 2015, 08:54:35 pm »

As we speak :D

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 27, 2015, 10:08:08 pm »

Previous

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"So, Arlore what is your decision?"
"I shall bet."
"Well! Excellent! The wager?"
"It seems only fair that I choose my own avatar to the men I do not know"
"And here I thought you were a weasel..." George laughs at his own joke.
"But I must ask her before I impose such a burden upon her"
"Hmph. Are you a god or a servant? ...well go then. Go on."

You excuse yourself and go to Eve. She is waiting on horseback with the rest of her company. Gezaru is close by, as is Suha. They are all watching the battle, silent as stones.

"MORTAL." She gasps as you speak to her and clutches her head.
-My Lord?
"I HAVE A TASK FOR THEE"
-Name it my Lord, and it is done
"YOU SHALL FIGHT IN THIS BATTLE AND YOU SHALL SLAY IN THIS BATTLE."
-I...If you will it my Lord. Who am I to oppose? Name he who has incurred thy wrath, and he shall be lain low by my arrows.
You think about whether to tell her about the wager, probably best not to.
"THY TIME WILL COME, YE SHALL KNOW WHO TO STRIKE AND WHEN. BE NOT AFRAID FOR I AM WITH YOU."
-I will wait my Lord. I shall not fear, for my shield is Arlore and my haven is Arlore and my Lord is Arlore.
You go back to Ishtar.
"So? Is the girl agreeable?"
"Yes."
"Good. We have the players. Let's roll the dice...I choooooose, him." She points to a soldier not far from Eve's age, but of a higher rank. He is on horseback guiding the strikes of his men from the rear and giving orders. "George, make it so"
"Yes, yes." Once again he waves his fingers like a conductor. You watch as flags are held up in the direction of Gezaru's men. You can almost see the perspiration on Gezaru's forehead and lips. Then he unsheathes his sword and gives the order to march forward with his men...directly toward the man Ishtar pointed out.
"Hmm, too far, much too far. Lets get closer." She points her finger and suddenly you are watching the battle on the battlefield itself. You recoil in surprise as an arrow swishes through your body and men fight through you. Now you truly hear the din of war and it terrifies you. Drums and metal. Drums and metal.

Gezaru's men are almost near the man Ishtar choose. Suddenly the man breaks through the ranks and a group of cavalry emerges from the woods striking at Eve's flank! The man rides around the main force, joining the charging cavalry, brandishes his spear and yells:
"I am Musamsu of the tribe of Neveh, tonight one of us shall dine in hell!" Then he charges toward Eve's men.
"Flashy" says George
"Hush!" Ishtar seems to be enraptured.
Eve realizes this man is the target (you help things along by guiding her vision toward him). She orders her men to begin firing at the cavalry and riding behind the foot-troops. Gezaru is pale and stammering his orders. His men are being slaughtered by the flanking cavalry and Musamsu's men from the front. Eve's hyper-senses kick in and she starts shooting her arrows with deadly aim. Every single one of her arrows meets its mark among the enemy. She takes out 15 of the charging cavalry by herself. Seeing this, Musamsu charges toward her, lance ready.

He throws the lance. And in that same instant draws his sword from his saddle. The lance sails through the air and catches Eve's side, stripping away a chunk of flesh. You wince as she screams in pain and the arrow which was to hit Musamsu's head flits uselessly onto the ground.

Ishtar claps.

Musamsu charges forward, his sword raised at this side. Eve pats her saddle, blind, trying feel for the sword, the pain at her side makes her dizzy and nauseous.

Musamsu, draws nearer.

Eve keeps searching for the sword, not daring to turn away from the stroke, lest she miscalculate and get decapitated.

Musamsu draws nearer, a foot-soldier tries to spear his horse and he casually brings his sword down, cracking through the soldier's helmet splitting him to the breastbone.

Still Eve cannot reach for her sword...wait! Yes! The hilt!

Musamsu reaches back, holding the reins with one hand, stretching his body backward as far as possible. Eve struggles to lift the blade, her side throbs as she tries to bring the heavy bronze to bear. Musamsu swings his whole weight forward, releasing the blade like a whip at Eve's throat! Like a hummingbird in flight, sharpened bronze hums toward Eve!

tbc.

Next

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:48:38 am by bahihs »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 27, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »

Tbc=?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2015, 11:01:19 pm »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 27, 2015, 11:06:46 pm »

ease the pain!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 27, 2015, 11:17:12 pm »

Burn an MP to dull the pain that keeps Eve distracted.  Burn whatever else we need to boost her reflexes.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:18:45 pm by evictedSaint »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2015, 12:24:54 am »

Use MP to deflect the blow that would otherwise kill Eve. Not only do we save our link but we will also show that we will take care of those who follow us. We promised her we would be with her.

If Eve dies, we lose not only her, but the faith of her mother. When her mother loses faith, the women back at camp will as well, and we will cease to exist. We have[/i] to keep Eve alive, at all costs or we will cease to exist.
"zzz"

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2015, 03:00:12 am »

Ptw
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2015, 03:17:29 am »

We promised her we would be with her.

It's gg if we lose Eve, but more importantly we'd be breaking our promise to her if she fails.  We owe our very existence to her (afawk); true, it may be unseemly for a God to bow to a mortal, but I'm sure we can all agree that if it comes down to it we'd sacrifice ourself to save her.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2015, 09:58:41 am »

We promised her we would be with her.

It's gg if we lose Eve, but more importantly we'd be breaking our promise to her if she fails.  We owe our very existence to her (afawk); true, it may be unseemly for a God to bow to a mortal, but I'm sure we can all agree that if it comes down to it we'd sacrifice ourself to save her.
^

Also remember on the front page
Out the prayers of a small child you are blinked into existence. You are a personal god, what others call an "imaginary friend" or "guardian angel".
Though we have grown in power, that is due only to Eve and the tribeswomen. Eve, the small child who coincidentally created us, is in danger. We must return the favor no matter the cost. The bet was folly to begin with, I only hope that whatever reward we get out of it is worth the cost.
"zzz"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2015, 10:05:57 am »

Indeed, we must watch over eve as parents watch over there children. We must protect her. Her life is in a way more important than our own.

If we cese to exsist let it not be said that we left no mark on this world. Let eve be a testament to our actions, let her do good in this world long after we have passed.

Asumeing we die in the first place,.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 28, 2015, 11:23:14 am »

Indeed, we must watch over eve as parents watch over there children. We must protect her. Her life is in a way more important than our own.

If we cese to exsist let it not be said that we left no mark on this world. Let eve be a testament to our actions, let her do good in this world long after we have passed.

Asumeing we die in the first place,.
I doubt that we will. But no matter how we save her, it will be costly.
"zzz"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47