Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104835 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2015, 12:48:03 am »

We physically manifested an avatar and melted someone face.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2015, 12:49:54 am »

But isn't that just a normal godly action?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2015, 12:51:36 am »

But isn't that just a normal godly action?

We are not that strong.  Like, making a rabbit dance around was a strain not that long ago.  Going completely against every law of nature to melt someones face is kinda crazy.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2015, 01:35:33 am »

You know, I bet we could gain some kind of fire/flame sphere if we attempted. We should also probably try improving our public perception for the better.
Being harsh against 'enemies' is fine, but I think we crossed a line there. Maybe do some generous acts or even give some kind of way to let the branded person at least partially redeem themselves.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2015, 02:06:24 am »

You know, I bet we could gain some kind of fire/flame sphere if we attempted. We should also probably try improving our public perception for the better.
Being harsh against 'enemies' is fine, but I think we crossed a line there. Maybe do some generous acts or even give some kind of way to let the branded person at least partially redeem themselves.
Ningala was one of our chief followers, after being our biggest dissenter. Grant the villager the ability to become one of our followers to show we are merciful.

"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2015, 07:15:41 am »

Ningala was one of our chief followers, after being our biggest dissenter. Grant the villager the ability to become one of our followers to show we are merciful.

Y'know, maybe it's just me, but somehow I think she wouldn't be too receptive to that after we basically burned her face off.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2015, 01:59:49 pm »

No, let her stay as an example of our wrath. You guys seem to think its a choice between fear and love, but there's no reason we cant have both. The fear of our enemy, the love of our followers, these things are not at odds. So long as we don't use the fear to force people to worship us. We are not a petty envious god, if they should choose to worship someone else there is no reason for us to use force against them. If they should try to impose themselves against us or our followers we would have every right to be wrathful. Self defense and all that, ya know?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2015, 02:35:04 pm »

As I said, we crossed a line. It's fine to have our enemies fear us, but we should go for a general positive image. Melting people's faces after they submit to us does not help with that image.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2015, 02:45:51 pm »

how about this. we leave the girl alone, but if she ever prays to us for help or forgiveness we make her an offer.  she makes a large sacrifice of animals, we fix her face. she has to come to us first though.

if she never calls apon us for help, we leave her alone for good or ill.

if someone else prays to us to help her with something, we handle that on a case by case basis
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2015, 06:30:46 pm »

She murdered one of our followers.  We spared her life.

She came out ahead, as far as I care.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2015, 07:16:14 pm »

She murdered one of our followers.  We spared her life.

She came out ahead, as far as I care.
this ^

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2015, 07:18:36 pm »

We don't need to make her life amazing. I just think we want to get our followers to follow us because they want to, not because they feel forced to.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2015, 07:30:07 pm »

We haven't forced them to do anything. In fact, i think that the majority of people that were in the mob are not worshiping us. They attacked us and we merely defended ourselves. Our followers are not afraid of us, we defended them. The mob is not worshiping us, or if they are its not because they fear they may be smited again; we gave no indication to them that they had to follow us, only that they had to, you know, not kill people that were.

There may be a general fear of our power among the people, but not of us. If they are afraid of us, it shouldn't matter because it means they are idiots and we shouldn't care what they think anyways.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 10, 2015, 07:40:33 pm »

I'd just like to point out that "merely defended ourselves" is perhaps the most extreme understatement ever.
We melted someone's fast AFTER they surrendered.

That's like if someone broke into your house, you pointed a gun at them and they got on their knees with their hands up, then you shoot their legs and throw them out.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 10, 2015, 09:40:05 pm »

I'd just like to point out that "merely defended ourselves" is perhaps the most extreme understatement ever.
We melted someone's fast AFTER they surrendered.

That's like if someone broke into your house, you pointed a gun at them and they got on their knees with their hands up, then you shoot their legs and throw them out.

It's a lot more like someone broke into your house and killed your daughter, then you showed up with a gun, they surrendered and you shot their legs and threw them out.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47