Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104765 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2015, 11:41:08 am »

Keep an eye on of our interesting people. In our free time here lets use our free ability to control rabbits to begin selectively breeding wild rabbits in the woods. For now, focus on intelligence and ease of manipulation from godly powers. Most of the hard work will probably have to be direct changes from us when the time comes, but lets set it up to be as easy as possible for us. 

In time, we can build our own race of intelligent bipedal rabbit warriors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2015, 12:19:42 pm »

summary and current status npls

ptw
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2015, 12:28:27 pm »

ptw

npls?

Anyway, you can check the main page, I've added an index and current cast. The story is not yet that long.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2015, 02:47:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's totally not realistic, he would have snatched that spear out of the air before it hit him, obviously.

We are a minor god with a sphere including rabbits.  Our prophet is a girl named Eve, who is pretending to be a male named Able so she may fight in the war.  We owe Muta, the God of Deals, a debt for saving Eve earlier in the story.  We won a bet with Istar, Goddess of Love and War, and gained a strand of her hair which we plan to give to Eve.  Gezaru, a kinsman of Eve and commander of a squad by birthright, knows Eve is a female.  Suha, a member of Gezaru's squad, made a decision in an earlier battle that led them to victory, though Gezaru ended up getting the credit for it.  An angry mob attacked our small group of followers back at Eve's home village and killed one.  In retaliation, we maimed the murderer and declared our followers to be under our protection.  This act used up all our power, but we were saved from godly death by Glimiki, God of Sun and Light.  George, the God of Lies, asked us for our support in an upcoming council of the gods, though we don't know what it is.  We agreed to lend out support.  Our goals include first and foremost 1) keep Eve safe, 2) guide Eve so that she may succeed in her goals, 3) increase our own power.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:58:18 pm by evictedSaint »

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2015, 09:03:01 pm »

You decide to leave Eve, for now, and gather more followers. Your godly strength, while returned to you by Glimiki, is still bound by the weighty hand of reality. You know if the miracle is too great, too unbelievable, it will cause the great fabric to envelop you and destroy you. Therefore you must be subtle and cautious.

What then shall you do? Who shall you convert to your path?

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2015, 09:40:17 pm »

Convert the villagers, which should be really easy since they now fear us.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2015, 01:27:33 pm »

Return your focus to the village.  Try to deal with the fall-out of our temper tantrum.  Surely we've received some prayers from our followers, right?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2015, 01:13:46 pm »

I still think we should look to scouts in the army or hunters in the village.  The deal we made with Eve include powers any scout or hunter would value.

Maybe for the village we could make the hunters more successful with finding small game, then give one of them a dream to sacrifice a kill for super rabbit powers.

Everyone likes more food on the table.

Also encourage Eve to speak with Gezaru.  Maybe suggest he could find purpose in war and poetry by revealing all the realities of war in his art?  Either way we should encourage them to rely on each other a bit.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:16:07 pm by VoidSlayer »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2015, 02:59:46 pm »

Return your focus to the village.  Try to deal with the fall-out of our temper tantrum.  Surely we've received some prayers from our followers, right?
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2015, 04:01:02 pm »

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONVERT THE VILLAGERS! DOING SO RIGHT NOW IS NOT GOOD FOR PR!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2015, 04:13:55 pm »

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONVERT THE VILLAGERS! DOING SO RIGHT NOW IS NOT GOOD FOR PR!
I agree. Just for the record, I'm just saying we should manage the fallout - not score new followers. We freaked out our current ones pretty bad, after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 17, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

I still think we should look to scouts in the army or hunters in the village.  The deal we made with Eve include powers any scout or hunter would value.

Maybe for the village we could make the hunters more successful with finding small game, then give one of them a dream to sacrifice a kill for super rabbit powers.

Also encourage Eve to speak with Gezaru.  Maybe suggest he could find purpose in war and poetry by revealing all the realities of war in his art?  Either way we should encourage them to rely on each other a bit.
+1
We shouldn't keep all our assets in one place. If something else happens in the village and we lose all our followers, we would be screwed.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 17, 2015, 10:06:29 pm »

+1
We shouldn't keep all our assets in one place. If something else happens in the village and we lose all our followers, we would be screwed.
+2
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2015, 07:37:59 am »

+`1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2015, 03:04:29 pm »

Previous

You target those whom you can most help: the scouts. You send them dreams - fluid and unclear, because your powers are still arrested by reality. Nevertheless some heed your call. At night they sneak out of the camp, and at morning they return. Some with foxes, some with birds of prey, some with nothing but lost sleep. And they throw their spoils into the flame and the smoke reaches you and you are sated. You grant them some power - better eyesight, faster reflexes, stronger legs. You cannot give them too much, lest reality crush you, so you are measured and careful. They get better at hunting and blood is spilled for you, regularly. The extra food is welcomed by the rest of the soldiers and those whom you have blessed become well-liked. New Followers! MP Up!

The lull in battle lasts 2 weeks. Those who are whole enough to be buried - graves are dug for them. But the rest are taken by dogs and crows.

"Abel! You're awake."
"Yes." Then realizing Gezaru's new rank, she adds "Sir." His face falls and hardens.
"No need for formalities." But the words are hollow and without force. They do not look at each others eyes, knowing what the other knows already. "Listen, you need not worry. I haven't told anyone. Nor will I. Ishtar knows we need soldiers like you." She nods. He sits down, tapping his fingers on his knee. Not knowing how to continue.
"I heard you were promoted."
"...Yes. I'm a commander now. 500 men."
"Am I -"
"Yes. I made sure of that." She nods again. There is a pause. They look at their feet. "How are your wounds?"
"Better. I think I'll be able to move around soon."
"That is well." You spot some movement by the entrance of the tent. You move to investigate. It's Suha. He has spotted Gezaru and is listening in.
"Are you alright?"
"What? Me? Yes. I'm fine. Of course. Why do you ask?"
"No reason." She adjusts her position to look at him. "You've gotten taller." He blushes.
"Yes. Well..." He stands up. "I should let you rest." He turns, then turns back. "Your name isn't Abel is it?" She shakes her head. "What then?" He leans in close.
"Eve."
"Eve." He nods, satisfied. Then leaves.

tbc later tonight

Next

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:04:36 pm by bahihs »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47