Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104315 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 10:39:44 pm »

"what.....ha....ha.....price would......ha.....you have me pay...."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 02:27:55 pm »

"what.....ha....ha.....price would......ha.....you have me pay...."

"You have nothing I desire...yet" He pauses and begins to pace. "One day I shall come to you, and request a favor of you and you shall not refuse. No matter what it be. These are my terms. Do you accept?"

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »

Of course we accept. When he asks the favor we will probably be the god of ultimate power anyway. Or at least the god of cats.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 02:40:46 pm »

Of course we accept. When he asks the favor we will probably be the god of ultimate power anyway. Or at leastIn other words, the god of cats.

FTFY

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 04:20:04 pm »

Of course we accept. When he asks the favor we will probably be the god of ultimate power anyway. Or at least the god of cats.

ok then, accept, and hope when he comes back he don't ask for something crazy

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »

Wow, the law of equivalence stings.  Yeah, let's make a deal with a devil.  At this point we're almost dead anyway, and Law #1 means it's only a matter of time until we are - we might as well stretch that out as long as we can.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 05:49:05 pm »

Does law of equivalence work in reverse? Like we are making a sacrifice here which means we'll get a boost.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 06:40:47 pm »

Previous

Wow, the law of equivalence stings.  Yeah, let's make a deal with a devil.  At this point we're almost dead anyway, and Law #1 means it's only a matter of time until we are - we might as well stretch that out as long as we can.

ok then, accept, and hope when he comes back he don't ask for something crazy

You accept, knowing full well that signing a blank check to a god is asking for trouble. Muta nods.

"You'll be hearing from me..." He says, before disappearing in the same manner as he came. There doesn't seem to be anything different about your situation. Eve's mother is still sobbing and praying. Eve is still gone. Hours pass, still nothing. Night falls. You start to doubt Muta's words, but reassure yourself that of all the gods, the god of deals, is the least likely to break an oath. One of the women preparing Eve has pity on her and allows her to see her mother. She is dressed in fine garments and smells of sweet perfume, so thick as to infatuate the very air.

Eve's mother is held back as she tries to claw at her daughter, to hold her once more, and Eve is held back from running and accepting the embrace. Then Eve is taken away from you and her mother. You watch the light as it disappears beneath a tarp. Was Muta lying after all?

There is a shrill scream. A man erupts from the chief's hut, holding the chief's severed head by the hair. He throws it upon ground, and it rolls toward the center of the village. You note with satisfaction, the terror on the dead head. The villagers crowd around the man and Eve manages to run to her mother in the consternation. The man takes out a waterskin, washes his hands and begins to speak.

"You see this man - my brother, shared flesh and blood - fallen before you. He it is who has caused our misfortune. He it is who has shamed us in front of the gods. For 3 years I have bided. Our crops have failed. Our children have starved. Our hands are stained with blood. We have buried our mothers...some of us our daughters...And for what? And for whom?" There is a long pause. Blood and water are running together on the dirt.

"...3 years ago my brother slew my father." The man pauses again, waiting for the statement to diffuse. There is a wave of murmurs and whispers.

"You all knew my father. A kind man, he cared for each and every one of you. A just man. He would never have resorted to the evil we have indulged in. A pious man. The gods loved him. But my brother - and I curse the day he was clothed in flesh - hated him, because my father saw through him and did not trust him. And when the time came to speak of succession, my brother, despite being the elder, was jilted. My sister was to be Chieftess. The ceremony was performed. You all remember this, you all were there.

Then my father died. The shamans could only say it was the gods. I know otherwise; I know it was my brother. And when he took my sisters place, had her whipped and exiled, you all sang and cheered." The man spits upon the dirt. The crowd looks down in shame. "You paraded him as he mocked the traditions of our gods, of our fathers, of our grandfathers. And my sister...my sister..." The man's voice cracks, he hangs his head. "Thus we suffered, for three years. The gods punished us justly. But no more, no more could I take the sacrilege of this foolish brother. We shall start anew, repent and redeem ourselves, reclaim the blessing of the above!" The crowd begins to cheer, Eve and her mother look on in wonder.

"But how?" A villager asks. The man walks toward the man, the crowd divides at his approach.

"What?" 
"H-how will we redeem ourselves. We have done...things...terrible things." The man nods. Then looks at the crowd.
"Yes, yes. My brothers and sisters, we have sinned deeply. How shall we repent? How redeem?"
"Let's release the bonds of our imprisoned. Free the captured!" the same villager yells. There is a cheer. The new chief is momentarily stunned. You can almost swear the villager nodded at you, not Fluffy the rabbit, but you, hovering invisibly over the crowd. Then the villager is no where to be seen.

The crowd goes into several huts, including Eve's and drags out all the slaves into the center of the square. The women and children huddle together from the eyes of the crowd. The man kneels and lifts the women up, gently, one by one.
"These people whom we have wronged, let us free them and be absolved!" The new chief catches on quick. There is a terrific cheer that shatters the air. The slaves with bonds, have their ropes cut. The rest are given some food and led to the edge of the village by the new chief. You overhear a slave whisper into the ear of the chief:
"But where will we go? We have no homes."
He replies, in a short hiss, "That's not my problem, slave. That's an issue for you and the vultures." Then he shoves her out of the village. Eve and her mother follow close behind. They are out of the village now. They embrace. Eve holds Fluffy tight and whispers "Thank you" in his ear. Belief up! Avatar candidate available!

Behind you, you hear a soft, low laugh, the kind that is unmistakably suspicious. You turn to find a short, stocky, bald man smiling at you. He is hovering as well.

"Well met" He says and offers a hand. "My name is George. God of lies."

What do you do?

Next

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:33:24 am by bahihs »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »

Tell him: "No, we are the god of lies."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »

State we are The God of Rabbits of the Deadly Shade.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 11:20:33 pm »

we are the god of rabbits, and protector of Eve

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2015, 04:39:09 am »

Ask him if he is the one we dealt with before, maybe we can fuck him up with one of the 4 rules, i dunno.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2015, 06:59:42 pm »

I need some sort of consensus on the action

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 07:02:12 pm »

Preface with: "I don't believe you," and say that we're the god of rabbits.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 07:16:27 pm »

Preface with: "I don't believe you," and say that we're the god of rabbits.
1+ and that a true  god of lies would never announce himself as one so it could more easily trick its victim
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47