Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104408 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »

Preface with: "I don't believe you," and say that we're the god of rabbits.
1+ and that a true  god of lies would never announce himself as one so it could more easily trick its victim
+1

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:57 pm »

Previous

Preface with: "I don't believe you," and say that we're the god of rabbits.
1+ and that a true  god of lies would never announce himself as one so it could more easily trick its victim
+1

You take his hand. "God of lies? I doubt that. The Liar God would never reveal himself so openly...in any case, I am the God...of Rabbits." He smiles his suspicious smile again. His hand is as slippery as an eel in an oil spill, he retrieves his hand as quickly as he gave it.

"Well said, well said. But the occasional truth is necessary for the lie, else the lie becomes a truth of its own. Besides, you're a god yourself, immune to my influence, why should I lie to you?"

"Perhaps...why are you here?"

"Why indeed?" He pauses, seemingly considering his own question, then points at the new chief, now fading into the distance. "I like to watch...future candidates. That was a very good show, veeery good show, wouldn't you say?"

"What do you mean?"

"Hmm, yes, I suppose it would not be so transparent to others. It was a good lie, for a mortal."

"He was lying?"

"Of course, of course. Well not totally, and that is the best and worst kind of lie. A brother did kill a father, just not the one he claimed..."

"So it was-"

"Yes. Yes. Well enough gay banter, I have children to fool and adulterers to sustain. Till we meet again. High Lord of the Rabbits." He smirks and does a mock bow, then fades away into nothing.

At night, the women and children stop to rest and dine. Some of the women are arguing over where to go and what to do. Some desire to go into the forests to the north, others west toward the grazing lands. Still others wish to join a another village. There are arguments on all sides. Eve and her mother rest from their misfortunes. Late at night, when all is quiet, Eve awakes. She takes Fluffy and steals some of the food from camp, she then gives some of it to Fluffy and builds a fire, then throws the rest of the food into the fire. "Please accept this sacrifice and protect us, whomever watches"

What do you do? (Do you accept the sacrifice?)

Next
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:09:46 pm by bahihs »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2015, 09:12:02 pm »

Accept the sacrifice and make the form of a rabbit in the flames of the fire to show that we are listening.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 09:16:13 pm »

Accept the sacrifice and make the form of a rabbit in the flames of the fire to show that we are listening.

+one

((I so hope this does not go wrong))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2015, 02:55:53 am »

+1.  Illusory images in flames shouldn't bend the rules too much, flames create lots of flickering light anyway.  I'm not sure how we 'repay' that short of stopping the image eventually.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2015, 06:44:21 am »

+1.  Illusory images in flames shouldn't bend the rules too much, flames create lots of flickering light anyway.  I'm not sure how we 'repay' that short of stopping the image eventually.
+1 Maybe we should give it an aura to attract more rabbits. After all rabbits are a good complimentary form of food, and since we are god of Killer Rabbits we should help in the destruction and enslaving of weaker rabbits. Also tell our lovely girl to domesticate fierce and aggressive rabbits.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2015, 10:24:57 am »

If we want to attract rabbits, we should do it by possessing Fluffy, then going out into the wilderness and bringing rabbits back to camp. Probably with some power expended in order to get them to follow us.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2015, 10:27:36 am »

Really having the image be in the smoke will be easier. But otherwise it's a good idea.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2015, 10:58:35 am »

You accept the sacrifice. All MP restored!

You use a portion of your regained power to create the distinct image of a rabbit in the flames. It is trivial to manipulate something so malleable as fire, but the effect is spectacular nonetheless. New Power Get: Pyromancy! (note this is the etymological meaning, i.e "Divination by Fire", in this case it's communication, but close enough; it is NOT control over fire) Can communicate using images in fire, when a sacrifice is made.

Eve falls backward from surprise, she rubs her eyes, but the image remains. Then the image fades away. She turns to Fluffy. "So it was you?"

Fluffy just continues to eat the stolen food.

What do you do?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2015, 11:08:51 am »

Go recruit rabbit army.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2015, 11:33:39 am »

Possessing Fluffy, sit up on hind legs, nod head wisely.  Try to sense where there are large concentrations of rabbits nearby.  If we can, point with Fluffy's paw and make the image of many rabbits appear in the flames.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2015, 12:41:38 pm »

(( You guys seem to be obsessed with rabbits, but the sphere of your domain can be changed. Rabbits are a start, but not the end. Think bigger. ))

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2015, 12:42:49 pm »

Giant Rabbits?

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2015, 12:44:31 pm »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »

Let's champion. Speak to her and make a godly deal. If she never eats rabbit then we will grant her rabbit senses. I would also go for speed but that feels like taking it a bit too far.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47