Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104289 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2015, 05:03:54 pm »

im kinda drawing a bit of a blank here.................

I don't have much of and idea for handling this except.................

wait a few mins to see how this plays out
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2015, 05:26:25 pm »

Say the following to Eve:

"As Fluffy I watched over you. Now, as Arlore I watch over these people. Speak child, and tell them of what I have done."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2015, 05:54:17 pm »

Say the following to Eve:

"As Fluffy I watched over you. Now, as Arlore I watch over these people. Speak child, and tell them of what I have done."

I like this one. lets do this one

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »

Previous

You probe Eve's mind and implant words, being careful to not overextend her limits.

"MORTAL, IT IS TIME. AS I HAVE WATCHED THEE, NOW I SHALL WATCH THEM. SPEAK CHILD, TELL THEM MY WONDERS"

"Who are you?" gasps Eve, clutching her head.

"ONCE I WAS FLUFFY, NOW I AM ARLORE - LORD, THY GOD. WORSHIP ME, AND BE THOU PERFECT"

The people begin to crowd around Eve, cautiously and with fear. She stands in a single motion, purpose in her eyes, and in her you can see the fire that will burn for ages, that will reverberate through eternity.

"My people, I urge you to heed my words. What wonders you have seen here today were not by my hand, but by the hand of our Lord, Arlore. He it is that delivered us from the other village, He it is that protects us now, He it is that shall make us prosper." She pauses, catching her breath. Whispers grow from mouths and flower in the wind. Eve raises her hands for silence, silence is given.

"Our Lord is a kind Lord. Our Lord is just Lord. To his believers He gives everything, to enemies he gives nothing. He has chosen me, to lead you. He shall lead me to a safe haven where we will grow as a people and as a society. You - all of you - saw the visions in the flame. They were not idle shapes, you saw a vision of what may come to pass, if you but listen here, and worship Arlore as god and follow me." Again she pauses, this time for effect. Again the whispers arise, again she raises her arms, again the whispers are cut off.

"You are the chosen people, and I say that our Lord, Arlore, has not chosen in vain. Let us make sacrifice in his name, let us pray to him. Arlore our protector! Arlore our savior!" She then sits down cross-legged and bows her head in prayer. The people look amongst themselves in confusion and wonder. Some of them immediately plop down and copy Eve (Belief Up!). Others remain standing. One person, holding a child on one arm, comes to the center, near Eve and yells to the crowd.

"A god? A saviour? And where was this god of yours when my husband and my brother were killed by those villagers? Where was this savior then?!"

What do you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:37:35 am by bahihs »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2015, 06:33:58 pm »

"a god is born weak, and then he could not have saved them, but he is strong now"

maybe eve should say this?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2015, 06:35:11 pm »

Now it's talky time. "We were there. We may be a God but we believe in Truth and will willingly admit that even we had limits. We waited and gathered power to expend on altering the course of things. But we were always with you. And now like rabbits from their warren We Rise. We Gather. We Prosper!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2015, 06:53:46 pm »

Now it's talky time. "We were there. We may be a God but we believe in Truth and will willingly admit that even we had limits. We waited and gathered power to expend on altering the course of things. But we were always with you. And now like rabbits from their warren We Rise. We Gather. We Prosper!

this sounds good.

do you guys think its safe to reveal the nature of gods?
born from belief. fed by belief. or d you think that's risky?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2015, 06:58:31 pm »

Well that depends on how common that knowledge is. What are the limits of a god's attention?
EDIT: To be clear my action is speaking through Eve. We don't have the shit to waste on talking directly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:19:16 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2015, 07:29:55 pm »

Previous

this sounds good.

do you guys think its safe to reveal the nature of gods?
born from belief. fed by belief. or d you think that's risky?

"Our Lord was with us always..." says Eve, but you begin sense doubt in her mind.

"MORTAL, BE NOT SWAYED. SOMETHINGS ARE BEYOND THE LIMITS OF GODS. OTHERS NOT SO. THUS I WAITED, AND WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT, I DELIVERED THEE FROM DESTRUCTION."

"My Lord speaks to me! He tells me He waited for the right time to intervene. As you, I too lost a loved one. But it is part of the divine plan, we, who are mortals, who are we to question the motives of gods?" Many seem convinced by Eve's words, but the not the instigator.

"Wench! She lies! She lies! It is no god that speaks to her but a demon, a devil. It is the god of lies that speaks! If this god seeks to save us, why does He show only Eve in the images? Where is our "prosperous society"? And why would a just god allow such misfortune to befall his people? If He lacks power, then why should we worship Him. If compassion, then what is the use of our worship? Shall we abandon our reason for a few parlor tricks and some sweet words? Shall we forget our sorrows for a dubious promise? Are we human or cattle - that we are driven so? I say we leave this girl and her mother here, they shall lead us astray only."

What do you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:38:45 am by bahihs »

uubucks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather Nurgle sends his loving Gifts
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2015, 08:10:06 pm »

In times like this it's best to ask, what would Yahweh do?

First reaction is to smite her, but i doubt we have to power for a proper smiting at this point, so we have to either terrify her, awe her, or convince her that we are legitimate in some way...

Have we any ability to consult with the dead? Perhaps some words from her husband would suitably shock her. If that proves too arduous, any way we copy the appearance and voice of her husband in the flames and trick her into believing us? (Hopefully we've seen him around the village or can glean it from Eve's mind.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:11:50 pm by uubucks1 »
"Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2015, 08:22:33 pm »

deception is a bad idea, if she wishes to do battle with words we shall meet her blade with our own.

HAS YOUR GRIEF BLINDED YE TO THE GRACE OF THE GODS?!

or something along those lines might be a good strike.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2015, 08:29:43 pm »

I think our first big mistake was thinking that we could save all of these people at once. We can barely save Eve as it is. The way I see it, this woman is absolutely correct. We haven't done anything. What proof do we have that we can give them salvation when we are the lowest rung on the totem pole? One shouldn't make promises they can't keep. We've made promises we cannot fully keep.

I say we acknowledge her claims, and ask that whoever still wishes to join us to do so. We shouldn't act as a big fish when we're really just a shrimp.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2015, 08:34:33 pm »

if not for us they would still be in the hands of the enemy.

did we have to ask for help from another god? yes. but it took enough effort to almost destroy us.

soooooo....

I think our first big mistake was thinking that we could save all of these people at once. We can barely save Eve as it is. The way I see it, this woman is absolutely correct. We haven't done anything. What proof do we have that we can give them salvation when we are the lowest rung on the totem pole? One shouldn't make promises they can't keep. We've made promises we cannot fully keep.

I say we acknowledge her claims, and ask that whoever still wishes to join us to do so. We shouldn't act as a big fish when we're really just a shrimp.

uubucks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather Nurgle sends his loving Gifts
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »

If we let them leave though we lose what little power we already have, we cannot hope to protect our followers, to protect anyone for that matter if we act weak here. We are not in a position where we can afford to lose these people, we have so little already. We have to project strength! we have to put on a brave face and lead these disparate people and if that requires deception so be it. If we are to ever hope of being able to stand on our own, we must seize this moment and silence all doubt!
"Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »

its to soon to assume that this person can lead them away from us, it seems that most are convinced to follow us.

if there faith is based on deception, it will only hit harder if they leave.

we need to talk our way thorough this. after a few turns if she is still not convinced, a good "if you do not wish to follow me then leave" might suffice.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47