Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104555 times)

uubucks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather Nurgle sends his loving Gifts
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2015, 08:47:24 pm »

its to soon to assume that this person can lead them away from us, it seems that most are convinced to follow us.

if there faith is based on deception, it will only hit harder if they leave.

we need to talk our way thorough this. after a few turns if she is still not convinced, a good "if you do not wish to follow me then leave" might suffice.

Fair enough, but we have to put up a fight lest we project weakness.
"Buboes, phlegm, blood and guts! Boils, bogeys, rot and pus! Blisters, fevers, weeping sores! From your wounds the fester pours."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2015, 08:50:18 pm »

its to soon to assume that this person can lead them away from us, it seems that most are convinced to follow us.

we need to talk our way thorough this. after a few turns if she is still not convinced, a good "if you do not wish to follow me then leave" might suffice.

Fair enough, but we have to put up a fight lest we project weakness.
that's what I am saying, but we have to fight with words, not flashy effects and smiting. we don't have the energy to waste.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2015, 02:44:06 am »

explain the detective the game mechanics

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2015, 01:33:13 pm »

I apologize if this wasn't clear but I meant to speak directly through her.
"Because you can go fuck yourself. Later."
Leave. Those that believe will follow.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:38:34 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2015, 07:39:14 pm »

>Have Eve ask to speak to her in private, then explain the situation and ask that she please play along, because these people need what little power we can get, and we can only get it through them believing we have a lot more than that.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2015, 07:47:50 pm »

I think we should just tell her (via Eve) that she's welcome to not worship us in silence, but if she insists on being an obstacle then she can leave.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2015, 09:11:11 am »

>Have Eve ask to speak to her in private, then explain the situation and ask that she please play along, because these people need what little power we can get, and we can only get it through them believing we have a lot more than that.

Worst idea yet.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2015, 08:18:14 pm »

Previous

I apologize if this wasn't clear but I meant to speak directly through her.
"Because you can go fuck yourself. Later."
Leave. Those that believe will follow.

I think we should just tell her (via Eve) that she's welcome to not worship us in silence, but if she insists on being an obstacle then she can leave.

Eve stands and breathes deeply. She looks at the faces of the children and the women that are with her then at the instigator. She closes her eyes and thinks back to the recent bloodshed, houses on fire, blood on the dirt, that severed head with a look of fear on its face. The women are silent and wait for her to speak. She opens her eyes and stands a little straighter.

"There is nothing more to say. Nor any further debate. You have seen, all of you, with your own eyes, what has been and what may be (she points to the flame). If you wish to follow me and our Lord, then come. If not, I will walk alone and my Lord shall protect me, and my Lord shall deliver me, for he has chosen me. If you believe, then follow." And she begins to gather her things to leave. The people watch her at first, frozen to their spots. Then, "I believe!" and "So do I!" and "Me too!" and "I will follow you!". (Belief Up! Eligible for new power!)Everyone breaks up into smaller groups and begins to gather their things. Eve's mother looks on in wonder, then she too goes to gathers her belongings.

The people pack up their things and follow Eve and her mother out of the camp. The instigator is left alone and embarrassed. The little boy on her arm begins to cry. She runs forward, through the crowd, until she reaches Eve at the front. She stops and kneels down before Eve, tears run down her wrinkled cheeks. The train of people stop, they look to Eve.

What do you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:40:22 am by bahihs »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2015, 12:15:09 am »

Tell Eve that we forgive her for we are a kind god and can understand her pain. Use Sense Kindness to locate a village of kind or relatively kind people.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:01:58 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2015, 04:57:38 pm »

Tell Eve that she must pledge her future strength to the new tribe and give absolute trust onto Eve. She must also promise that her son shall also pledge as soon as he is ready.

One day when this pledge will be over and the tribe will be restored with Eve as their leader. They must swear now in front of all and dishnoring their oath shall mean their death and eternal damnation to the Wolves of hell.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2015, 05:06:05 pm »

Tell Eve that she must pledge her future strength to the new tribe and give absolute trust onto Eve. She must also promise that her son shall also pledge as soon as he is ready.

One day when this pledge will be over and the tribe will be restored with Eve as their leader. They must swear now in front of all and dishnoring their oath shall mean their death and eternal damnation to the Wolves of hell.

no. we are a kind god. and we CIRTIANLY arnt going to punish the boy for her mothers (understandable and arguably justified emotion.

Tell Eve that we forgive her for we are a kind god and can understand her pain. Use Sense Kindness to locate a village of kind or relatively kind people.

this is a good idea

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2015, 09:26:21 pm »

Previous

no. we are a kind god. and we CIRTIANLY arnt going to punish the boy for her mothers (understandable and arguably justified emotion.

this is a good idea

Eve closes her eyes. You can sense hesitation in her heart. You speak to her. MORTAL, SHALL I CAST DOWN THE HELPLESS? At these words, Eve kneels and touches the woman's shoulders. "Arise! Our Lord is a kind lord, slow to anger and quick to forgive. He understands your suffering, your loss, even your doubt." The others cheer and the instigator wipes her tears and joins the line. (Belief Up!).

Eve leads the women into the forest and they walk until nightfall. For the first time since your existence you are filled with a rich and intense power, like well-aged wine. All women of the camp are bowed in silent prayer. You can hear their pleas, "Save us", "Deliver us", "Protect my children", "Let my husband, brother, son, father, grandfather, uncle, dog, rabbit, find rest beyond the curtain of death", "Let us not go hungry", "Protect us from disease", "Bless us, bless us, bless us!".

You listen in to Eve's thoughts, she is afraid and nervous. Her leadership so far has been half-act and all blind-faith. She asks for guidance from you. Where shall her people go? Where will they be safe? You decide to exercise some of your new-found power, stretching your being, feeling for people, safe havens. (New Power: Limited Omnipresence) Your consciousness begins spread like air from a popped balloon. Its a strange sensation, to be and to feel and to know without localization, without compartmentalization. You can taste air and forest, dirt, the curiosity of animals, the heat of distant stars. Then you feel yourself going too far, like a drop of water dissipating, disappearing...you extend yourself further, stretch thin, miles and miles of empty land...then lights! Fireplaces and oil lamps, sleeping, snoring men and women, dreaming children. Warmth.

You snap back and it stings like a rubber band cracking into place. There is a village, with farmers, a weeks journey, north. Warmth.

They will be safe there. You transmit this information to Eve, in a dream. In the morning she relays the message to the women. And they sling their packs over their shoulders, their children over their arms. And they march, some of them shoeless, hungry, sick, tired, wounded. But they are faithful. In daylight heat they grumble and moan, but at night they bow in prayer to you. They have an unshakable belief in Eve, and Eve, in you.

They eventually make it to the village. They explain their situation, the elder of the village is a bit peeved to be talking to a 12 year old (and a girl at that). But they take the women in. Some of them are married off, the others take homes in the outskirts of the village. Years pass, Eve grows into a woman, tall and beautiful. She has many admirers, but they all fear her. Some people believe she is a witch, or a demon. But Eve is altogether bored with village life. She wonders about the visions you once showed her, whether they will ever come true.

One day men in armor and on horses, march into the town. They demand that every able bodied man be found and brought to them. War has broken out between rival kingdoms, and men are needed for battle. You sense in Eve, the burning desire to join these men and march to war. But women are not allowed to fight.

What do you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:41:14 am by bahihs »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2015, 09:34:56 pm »

So a few guys stroll up and say a war's starting and Eve wants to join no questions asked. Considering her boredom, I'd say this feeling of hers is just her wanting to go and do something, rather than specifically wanting to be a warrior. As the avatar of the God of Rabbits, she wouldn't do well in this regard, but she could certainly find her place as a healer. With our powers as a god, she will become famous and respected through her deeds.

Encourage Eve to join the army is a healer.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2015, 09:36:42 pm »

Would an illusion be viable?

In any case, we should keep in mind that we will very likely need whatever power we can spare to save Eve's life later.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2015, 09:42:54 pm »

So a few guys stroll up and say a war's starting and Eve wants to join no questions asked. Considering her boredom, I'd say this feeling of hers is just her wanting to go and do something, rather than specifically wanting to be a warrior. As the avatar of the God of Rabbits, she wouldn't do well in this regard, but she could certainly find her place as a healer. With our powers as a god, she will become famous and respected through her deeds.

Encourage Eve to join the army is a healer.

She can't go off to war to fight BUT she can be a healer. Tell her to give her mother a hug and kiss before leaving. It is at these battles that Eve shall save the men who need help the most. She shall show the leader of the army what just God we are and how powerful a healer she is. Tell her to make good friends and to love all if she wishes to move on.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47