Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 103411 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2015, 05:38:16 am »

I'm in favor of a single sword. Easyer to bless in a time of crisis. And allows for a shield. Or even no shield. For speed. Combined with our blessings we have a gracefull and swift swordwielder....

Once she gets training of course.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2015, 05:03:58 pm »

Bow. Less likely to get noticed as a woman when you're not in the thick of the battle. Also, we're a rabbit and we don't do berserker rages very well.
^+1

With our heightened rabbit senses, we can shoot more accurately at vital points at an enemy from a distance and more rapidly, allowing us to take down a number of enemies before they even reach us. Further, with enhanced rabbit speed, we can outrun pursuers, or even outmaneuver them should they catch us.

Also, after the war, if Eve survives (hopefully) we should get her married and have a child, or at least something. Creates a bloodline with a direct connection to us as a god, which increases dedication and legitimacy. If that bloodline becomes more powerful and they remember us, then we become equally more powerful.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2015, 07:00:26 pm »

bloodline to give us power over sevral generation?

......................NO WE PROMISED THE KID A THRONE AND WE WILL GET HER ONE EVEN IF IT MEANS THE DEATH OF US! DO YOU THINK SHE OR HER KIDS ARE GOING TO WANT TO FOLOW A GOD THAT BREAKS THERE PROMISES!?

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2015, 08:43:55 pm »

bloodline to give us power over sevral generation?

......................NO WE PROMISED THE KID A THRONE AND WE WILL GET HER ONE EVEN IF IT MEANS THE DEATH OF US! DO YOU THINK SHE OR HER KIDS ARE GOING TO WANT TO FOLOW A GOD THAT BREAKS THERE PROMISES!?

???...
Please reread my post. I said get Eve married, not break our promise. Queens can, surprisingly, be married too.
"zzz"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2015, 08:49:02 pm »

My apologies. I seem to have missentirpeted your intent.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2015, 08:50:54 pm »

If we are a god of rabbits, it shouldn't take too long to build a blood line, if you know what i mean...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2015, 06:55:58 am »

If we are a god of rabbits, it shouldn't take too long to build a blood line, if you know what i mean...
+1

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:54 am »

I like dis idea.....

But don't force or pressure her, be VERY subtle about it. We don't want her getting upset at what almost happened years back.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2015, 09:08:58 pm »

I like dis idea.....

But don't force or pressure her, be VERY subtle about it. We don't want her getting upset at what almost happened years back.
That wasn't marriage, that was (almost) rape.
"zzz"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:11 pm »

Can't wait for that update.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »

Previous

Bow. Less likely to get noticed as a woman when you're not in the thick of the battle. Also, we're a rabbit and we don't do berserker rages very well.
^+1

With our heightened rabbit senses, we can shoot more accurately at vital points at an enemy from a distance and more rapidly, allowing us to take down a number of enemies before they even reach us. Further, with enhanced rabbit speed, we can outrun pursuers, or even outmaneuver them should they catch us.

Also, after the war, if Eve survives (hopefully) we should get her married and have a child, or at least something. Creates a bloodline with a direct connection to us as a god, which increases dedication and legitimacy. If that bloodline becomes more powerful and they remember us, then we become equally more powerful.
+1
sword. she shall be a swift and graceful swordswoman

Yes to sword also. Double swords because she shall be known as a berserker swordswoman of incredible swiftness.

1. Comfort eve's mother by sending a rabbit to her. Tell her the rabbit is hers as she see's fit but to remember our past deeds for her and the tribe.

2. Hail their lady in the air. Why do you follow these soldiers and what god gave you the power of flight.

+1 to 1, -1 to 2

Comfort the mom, we're stealing her daughter after all. Sending a rabbit is of little consequence I should think.
The other figure is likely another god. We did see them after escaping the conquering tribe, in the God of Deals and the God of Lies. This, judging from the sound of clashing metal, could likely be a Goddess of Combat or Warfare, or something akin to that. At minimum, greet her, but as she is far more powerful than us, maintain courtesy.

Yes to what is said. Except sending the rabbit to remind her of her dauthers faith.

"Who are you madam?"
"HMM, YOU DO NOT KNOW ME? YOU ARE NEW. AND (she sniffs) YOU ARE A GOD?" Her voice is like a trumpet at full blast or an army on the march.
"I am Arlore, God of Rabbits, this girl's and her people's protector."
"YOU ARE - (she clears her throat) you are small for a god. But I suppose all things start small. (She trails off, then notices you again) I have many names. You may call me Ishtar." You almost choke. Ishtar, goddess of War and Love, a higher god, one of the 7.
"Madam Ishtar." You do a little bow, out of fear more than respect.
"You know your place. That is well. I like you. Have you met the others?"
"Others madam?"
"Yes, Amus, my mother or Gilmiki, my father or even George, my step-brother. I don't like him much, he interferes too much in my domain."
"George I have met madam, only briefly. I've also met Muta, but I have not had the honor of meeting the others."
"Yes, they don't get out much." She seems to muse about something, you stand there awkwardly. She notices you again "Did you say you met Muta?"
"Yes. I-He struck a deal with me. I needed his help and he answered my call."
"Hmph. He never answers my calls." She actually seems to pout. You feel even more uncomfortable. You turn to leave. "Do you want to meet them?" You do a quick about-face.
"Who madam?"
"My parents, my family."
"A-above the seventh sky?"
"Of course." You can't tell if she's serious. Only the higher gods have ever seen the domain beyond the seventh sky, there they live, able to survey and observe the whole world from their thrones of cloud-colored bronze. There has to be a catch, but you're afraid to ask and she's eyeing you like a cat watching a bird in a cage.
"It would be a great honor"
"I am sure that it would. Of course, there is a price for passage." And there's the catch.
"Name your price madam, if it is within my power to give, it shall be yours"
"Oho! You speak well. Not like Muta, always so cold and calculating...and distant (she sighs). I want her" She points to Eve. "She's not like the others...yes...her, she can do it...I want her."
"Madam, you know what I am, I cannot-"
"-Not forever silly, just until the war is over. She'll be under my guidance - of course, I can't guarantee her safety, that's up to her, but I'll watch over her. So. Do we have a deal?" She asks the last question in a sing-song voice and you feel sudden compulsion to do whatever she says. It doesn't last long, but it does tell you the extent of her abilities, gods, even minor ones, aren't usually privy to the effects of other gods. Love and War are not domains to sneeze at.

WDYD? (What do you do?) 

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:42:53 am by bahihs »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 17, 2015, 10:03:10 pm »

Give up our avatar? That seems almost suicidal. Unless she offers something else with the road trip, i think its a bad deal.

Also, what happened to comforting the mother?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2015, 10:22:05 pm »

She can't guarantee Eve's safety. I would agree, but under the catch that she not allow Eve to die or be seriously mutilated. To ask our avatar without any remote guarantee of safety is very... risky.

Further, do we know if she doesn't lie? If she lies she may just keep Eve. She's our only real connection currently.

And, also, remember to comfort the mother.
"zzz"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2015, 10:35:39 pm »

No. Just to meet her family? Not good enough.

Say something like:

That girl is very important to me and I cannot willingly afford to lose her. It seems ill have to decline your offer. My apologies for wasting your precious time.

End..

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2015, 04:23:37 am »

Eve is our Avatar.  Our Prophet, our Sibyl.

We are a humble God and must bend our backs from time to time, yes, but Eve is our charge.  We will not lend her out like a cheap whore to further our own goals - what sort of a Deamon is a God who would so easily trade his followers like cattle for coin?  Decline Ishtar's offer with all the grace and dignity befitting a Goddess of her stature.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:25:32 am by evictedSaint »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47